Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 8
Author Topic: [FrozenHobo's Textures]: Ice Climbers Full Texture Pack Now Live!!!  (Read 40144 times)
FroznHobo
Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « on: April 28, 2010, 03:06:46 PM »

Hello, i'm FrozenHobo (similar name on SWF). In the past i've worked with the Smash Workshop Back Room designing stage mods for various brawl hacks (a list for my B+ work can be found here). This thread, however, is to showcase some of my casual/non-stage mod related work.

Stages:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bomberman Land

Credit to ds22 for importing the original model. This stage is pretty straight forward, flat with the fence acting as walls/partitions between the main battlefield and and area outside. I've removed the overhanging branches that existed in the original model as well as added in a custom background (created by my roommate, 4Leaf on SWF). I've also made custom collisions for the stage so that the wall can be stood on/act as an actual wall. This stage goes over WWR.

SSB64 Intro Stage

The stage seen being constructed by Master Hand at the beginning of SSB64. Now, you can enjoy the stage that never was. download is finally up! In case you can't remember where this stage is from, its about 0:20 into the intro of the original ssb (seen
    here
    ). Goes over FD, but download is set up to go over Mario Bros.

Dreamland 64

The stage everybody knows and loves. Featured in both SSB64 and Melee, Dreamland 64 makes its return to Brawl. The final release will feature wind as well as a certain flying penguin in the background. Updates to come.

Metal Mario Stage

I know you people will ignore this, but i'm posting it anyway... Would like to congratulate Gamewatching on his original version of this stage (i actually used it as a starting point). The original release by GW was... well it was not of the quality i was expecting (really don't want to make you feel bad, but it wasn't that great...). Because of that i took it upon myself to fix up his stage and give it the quality that a stage like this deserves.

On top of new textures, i have remodeled the entire stage to reflect the original more accurately. New collisions, new layout, pretty much new everything. This stage plays as close to the 64 version as i can manage with brawl's physics.

I'm not done with this stage yet, however, gameplay-wise it won't change in future updates so i decided to release it now.

Note that this WILL de-sync over wifi with Gamewatching's version.

Characters:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Plaid Climbers

The idea for this texture came from a combination of a lack of green IC textures and that i wanted a specialized texture to use in tourneys (i always wear a plaid flannel over shirt when i play). As you can see, Popo is sporting a green plaid parka similar in color to my own shirt. Nana, on the other hand is wearing a brown plaid parka due to how the two colors come together so well (and brown being my second favorite color). I personally find this to be a good IC texture as unlike most others available you can easily differentiate the two climbers (which if you play ICs can be a big deal at times).

Blue/Grey Climbers

The basic idea behind this texture was to keep the colors that made the standard blue costume for the ICs, but rework it so that it would be easier to distinguish between the two. Additionally, the blue is now a softer color, which is aesthetically pleasing on the eye. The original color for nana was more of a sepia tone, but when put next to my Plaid ICs texture it looked like a more washed out version of nana's brown color (which i felt didn't give the texture a unique enough feel). I've now swapped out the texture for my darker version.

Red and Sky

Newest red texture. Thanks to standardtoaster for talking me through color ideas. I'm really happy with how this looks (especially moreso than the last one), more refined. Reminds me a bit of the old orange texture from melee, but with a more fitting red color. Easy on the eyes as well as being able to differentiate between the two climber makes this a nice texture, as well as being team friendly.

Was watching a tourney match and confused animal parka ICs with Gold/Silver colored ones. I went to check and couldn't find any gold/silver textures for these guys, so I took it upon myself to make them one (and I think I did a pretty good job). Thats Popo in the Silver and Nana in the Gold. I may do a future release with the Heart Gold/Soul Silver emblems on their hammers Tongue

and now, a full pack, including CSS Portraits, regular and black color replacement and several cool extras is now available on my BrawlVault!!! Go get it now!

Stage Hack List:
    Bomberman Land
    SSB64 Intro
    Metal Mario Stage
    DreamLand 64
    « Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 03:47:42 PM by FroznHobo » Logged

Feanor
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Featured >9000 Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 03:26:45 PM »

Wow! All of this is very good!

Lockstin
    Hyper Kitten

Im the bird your bird could smell like.

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 10:00:22 PM »

Awesome Face BOMBERMAN LAND!!!!  Awesome Face 
    i love bomberman, someone should vertex him into brawl.
    anyway, instadownload!

FroznHobo
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 01:05:25 AM »

updated OP with new stage project.

hotdogturtle
    Extreme Kitten

:3

• Awards Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat Featured Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 01:19:47 AM »

I've been using the Plaid Climbers since you first posted them for the same reasons that you mentioned (minus my own clothing habits).

FroznHobo
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 01:40:00 AM »

lol thanks. it just looks so nice. i've been trying to think up another costume for red ICs next (doing plaid again is just a bit too repetitive).

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 08:43:17 AM »

Lovin' the SSB Intro.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

FroznHobo
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 06:27:07 PM »

new IC texture up. i'll have more news on SSB64 Intro up soon.

FroznHobo
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 10:11:14 PM »

ok, i've put up a new, darker version that actually looks nicer, imo.

edit: i'm also going to reserve the claim now for making a Celadon city department store interior. its gonna be amazing.
    « Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 12:29:35 PM by FroznHobo » Logged

FroznHobo
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 01:55:46 AM »

tripple post Oh shi~

new SSB64 pic up.

now comes adding the main textures, then the extra stuff (fences, signs, spawns, boundaries, etc)
    « Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 01:56:39 AM by FroznHobo » Logged

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Heart Container Pin Collector

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 04:24:32 AM »

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

64 intro is looking smexy. I can't wait til it's done.

FroznHobo
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 05:37:53 PM »

new pic to tide over those of you waiting on SSB64 stage. can't release it yet since there's been some major problems happening in-game texture-wise. should be able to work it out soon, though.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 05:42:11 PM »

The solution is in a PM in smashboards xD

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

DrPanda
    Special Access

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 06:48:26 PM »

64 intro looks awesome!  Laugh

I hope it isn't going to be a flat stage with that stuff in the bg though... there are far too many of those  not impressed

FroznHobo
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 06:54:00 PM »

its 3D. don't worry. i really don't like 2D stages. they don't have any character.

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 8
    Print
    Jump to: