Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I Need Help Cloning Charcters without the Clone Tool  (Read 6406 times)
omegafalcon
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 15, 2017, 03:31:44 PM »

Hey, I need help cloning without the clone tool. I tried following the steps listed Here:http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.0 but It doesn't work. I even tried using files from Brawl 4 All and renaming them and making the designated changes. If anyone can help me with this I'd really appreciate it.

[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

omegafalcon
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 10:38:23 AM »

bump

[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

teh-myuutsu
Banned
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 03:18:34 PM »

I'm sorry, but you will not get help here. This site is filled with a bunch of lazy and incompetent administrators and mods who care nothing about normal users and are only interested in furthering their own agendas (KingJigglypuff and Ricky come to mind). Unfortunately, you may never get help for this, and will have to figure it out on your own.

I wish I could help, but unfortunately, I cannot. Keep in mind this thread has, as of writing, been viewed 250 times, and not one of those viewers cared so much as to even say they couldn't help. That shows you the sheer selfishness of the users here. Meanwhile, Calikingz Projects, Kingjigglypuff's Projects, and anybody else's Projects are getting thousands of views and activity to this day, because people love being served rather than serving.

Admittedly, this post was as much a rant as it was an answer, but hopefully when you need help again, you'll remember what I told you and instinctively look elsewhere. This site can rot alongside it's incompetent staff and selfish users.

What that said, I hope you find the help you need, but it very likely won't come from here.

Happy Smashing.

Lillith
Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 07:42:49 PM »

...I'm just going to ignore that.

Uh... This is what helped me understand the ropes at first
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL51H6MSHJ1l5gS5tZIHw_9LLbibLG72zq

If you're still having issues, post up what you have and I'll see if I can look into it for you.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 07:34:52 PM »

I was already going to suggest Sammi's tutorials, but Kitsu beat me to the punch. If you're still having issues, just state the character you want to make an Ex Clone out of, and I could put together a quick collection of needed files for you to use, given if the base character has an Ex Module.

The spoiler below contains my replies to the-myuutsu (since it doesn't relate to the current topic).
    I'm sorry, but you will not get help here. This site is filled with a bunch of lazy and incompetent administrators and mods who care nothing about normal users and are only interested in furthering their own agendas
    I have no idea what to say about this bit. What agendas are you talking about here?
    (KingJigglypuff and Ricky come to mind)
    I can see why you'd have beef with Br3, but why me? While I've barely posted on KC-MM during the past few months, I've been much more active helping people out on the Brawl/Project M Modding Discord (since it's way more active than KC-MM and its dedicated Discord server). Though you'd be right to say I don't help others as nearly as I should, but that's due to my own personal reasons I won't get into here.

If I didn't care about normal users, then why would I have made these tutorials from the past month?
    How to Add Ex Fighters to All-Star Mode (September 17th, 2017).
    Effect.pac Expansion Usage Tutorial (September 16th, 2017).
    Custom My Music + Custom My Music Title Usage (September 13th, 2017).
    How to Fix Popping with Custom SFX (September 6th, 2017).
    This list would be even larger if I continued to list the tutorials I've made throughout the year, so I'll stop there. If I didn't care about normal users, I wouldn't even have made these tutorials in the first place. Whenever I make a discovery and/or figure something out, I'm always there to make a tutorial of the matter, given if there's minimal/no bugs/crashes when everything's done right.
    I wish I could help, but unfortunately, I cannot. Keep in mind this thread has, as of writing, been viewed 250 times, and not one of those viewers cared so much as to even say they couldn't help. That shows you the sheer selfishness of the users here.
    Most of the time, the people who view this thread wouldn't know what to do. They're more than likely seeing if they're the only ones with the issue they're personally experiencing. Even then, there's numerous ways one could address an issue, depending on how much the user knows when it comes to the area of modding.
    Meanwhile, Calikingz Projects, Kingjigglypuff's Projects, and anybody else's Projects are getting thousands of views and activity to this day
    That's because we make content people want to see, in addition to said threads existing for well over 5 years.
    because people love being served rather than serving.
    You're not wrong here. This very complaint is shared by the more experienced modders.
    Admittedly, this post was as much a rant as it was an answer, but hopefully when you need help again, you'll remember what I told you and instinctively look elsewhere. This site can rot alongside it's incompetent staff and selfish users.
    This very type of behavior is what keeps people from even engaging in the first place. This site is already low on traffic as is. It doesn't need you fear mongering users because you're upset over getting called out over your use of clickbait.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=79007
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=79004
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=78713
    There's more examples than these three, but they're either older than a month, or have been removed.
    What that said, I hope you find the help you need, but it very likely won't come from here.
    Bolded for emphasis. This right here refutes your entire post from your sheer hypocrisy.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

teh-myuutsu
    Banned
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 04:49:46 AM »

...I'm just going to ignore that.

What are you talking about? You've been "[ignoring] that" for the last 7 months. This thread came out in February this year, and He's just now getting help. If it wasn't for his bump, neither one of you would've come to assist them (I know from experience), and if He had bumped his topic one more time, He would've got warned.

I'm not sure if you can see it, but I have a "Warned" under My name... Guess how I got it? Trying to get help. Yes, the moderators punished me for trying to get my thread seen because they, alongside the staff--were too incompetent and selfish to assist me. Next time you're here, take a deep look at all of the threads on this site of which haven't been posted on; They're many in number.
    The spoiler below contains my replies to the-myuutsu (since it doesn't relate to the current topic).

Don't act pompous like you were actually contributing to this thread; If it weren't for his bump and my post, He would've been completely ignored. Maybe this would've applied had you responded in February, but I presume you were preoccupied with serving yourself (either that, or he was of low priority to you).
    I have no idea what to say about this bit. What agendas are you talking about here?I can see why you'd have beef with Br3, but why me?

Because everyday, while other people's threads get ignored and plunged into obscurity, "KingJigglypuff's Throne Room" and all of Ricky's threads are constantly getting more views/replies; and not just from anyone, but the OP's themselves. During that time that you consumed uploading your latest Ridley edits, you could've been using it to help the people that needed it. Rather than constantly checking on your "throne", You could've assisted your people, or at least have used your influence to find them help; That's what a real "king" would do.
    the people who view this thread wouldn't know what to do. They're more than likely seeing if they're the only ones with the issue they're personally experiencing. Even then, there's numerous ways one could address an issue, depending on how much the user knows when it comes to the area of modding.

And this is a problem with the people; I'm unsure if it can be "fixed", but it only further cripples the image of this site; It's like watching a beggar on the road and "passing by" because you don't want to drop your two cents (in this case, even a reply of uncertainty would suffice).
    People giving those "2 cent" posts would help Brawl Vault's threads significantly; Not only would it "legally" bump the threads and provide some support to the OP (even if it's conjecture), but would also create an illusion of "popularity", which could lure some of those selfish... users--and, eventually, lead to someone who could provide help.
    You're not wrong here. This very complaint is shared by the more experienced modders.

And rather than using your influence and popularity to assist those in need, you simply continue uploading. Because the truth, from a psychological perspective--is that it feels good. It feels good to have one of the highest view counts on the site. It feels good to continuously get replies and veneration to this day. To be "popular" and "powerful", and you don't want to lose what you have; It's too valuable to you... After all, the projects must be made.
    It doesn't need you fear mongering users because you're upset over getting called out over your use of clickbait.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=79007
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=79004
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=78713
    There's more examples than these three, but they're either older than a month, or have been removed.

Nice circumstantial manipulation there. It seems as though you forgot to mention all of these threads
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=79050.msg1372770
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=78851.msg1371990
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=78617.msg1371002
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=78617.msg1371002
    All of which are relevant, honest threads (and outnumber your mentioned ones too).
    And maybe I wouldn't have had to use "clickbait" if people would've helped me when I first asked. As you even admitted; people are selfish.

But another reason why you, specifically, are at fault, is because this exact quote;
    It doesn't need you fear mongering users because you're upset over getting called out over your use of clickbait.

This means that not only were you aware of the threads, but you actually viewed them (and in some cases, locked/removed them), and yet, after all of that time, You never once helped me. You were actually able to recognize the threads, but I was too low a priority for you. You all forced me to employ clickbait because you were too lazy and inconsiderate to assist me when I asked honestly. The only reason you're even a mod right now is because of your Throne Room thread.
    Let's also not forgot my "coworker" and friend (who I'll leave unnamed. In respect to them, follow suit), who also asked for helped on another site; Neither you nor that incompetent Project M modder batted an eye to him either. That's why I'm probably never going to make an account on that pathetic site; It can rot too.

Even if you didn't find somebody to help me, you could've at least asked the question yourself, and your popularity would've lended itself to further replies and activity. I'm sure that there are thousands of coders who would jump at the chance to assist the "Legendary" KingJigglypuff, but instead the wheels must keep turning. The workshop must keep moving. The projects must keep coming, and you, along with the other staff--spare [little] time for anyone else.

If a moderator can click the "lock" or "delete" buttons, then they can most assuredly click this little box and type in a reply to help.

The most interesting part is, with that one code, we (me and the team I'm working for) could probably revive this site. It's a simple task, really, but as long as we're stuck on Phase 1, we cannot progress to Phase 2.

For the first tip on improving this site; improve the layout. This site still looks like it was made in 2009. Of course no one would want to go here in 2017. Also, delete the child threads, and allow all content in the main threads. If you cannot do this, take it to an admin.

That alone will increase activity and productivity, as well as social quality. After that, I just need that code, then I can do what is unique to me.

Ultimately, without us, this site will die. You can roll out all the mods that you want, but nothing will save it; Smash 2, Smash 3, Smash 4; Try everything, They will all fail (as many already have). Unlike these sorry individuals, I, alongside (most) of my team, have a very crucial advantage that not a member on this site has. I won't reveal it, but it's exactly what this site needs. Before we can unravel it, however, we need that code.

Regardless, I'm glad that the OP is finally getting the help that he needs. The fountain of charity is still running, even if it must be forced.

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 05:05:00 AM »

February? I wasn't even that active around then, and even then at around the start of the year when I did come here I did try to help on the topics I had seen, you can even check my posts if you don't believe me.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

CraptainFalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 09:22:30 AM »

Fam, you realize people really only use Brawl Vault to download mods nowadays right? These forums are dying because frankly, all of us have lives and jobs. Yes, a world outside of Brawl Modding exists. You should try the real world sometime. I hear it has great graphics. The modders from back in the day have mostly retired or moved on to Smash 4 modding. Yes, a world outside of Brawl Modding exists. You should try out the real world sometime. I hear it has great graphics. There are dedicated Brawl Modding Discord servers that are active everyday and offer assistance (one which KJP linked as well). Why don't you try that sometime?

EDIT: By the way, not everyone knows the type of Assembly coding that Brawl uses either. Have you ever thought of that? Wouldn't now be the time to start learning it?
    « Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 09:25:31 AM by CraptainFalcon » Logged

Super Devon
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 03:39:18 PM »

These forums are dying because frankly, all of us have lives and jobs.
    ^THIS

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: