Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 30
Author Topic: Villager Joins the Brawl! -Released!-  (Read 155750 times)
SouthCraft
Holy Kitten

Retired brawl modder

• Awards Heart Container Renowned Hacker >9000 Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #255 on: November 14, 2013, 11:15:47 AM »

Ooooh i need to try this out. Thinking of making a video battling the blue guy.
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 06:39:20 AM by SouthCraft » Logged

Tabuu Forte Akugun
    Boss Kitten

Smash 4 Main: Bowser

• Awards Heart Container Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #256 on: November 14, 2013, 11:21:03 AM »

Do I wanna try Villager out? Frickin' right. I'll get back to ya. Can't wait to see what you guys did! Grin

bekindsorewind
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #257 on: November 14, 2013, 12:15:26 PM »

Playing with him for a few hours, here are my conclusions:

His attacks are very slow and underpowered. I found using the U-tilt to be especially useless. I also think his Side-B, while still a WIP, could be a single blow as opposed to the small multiple attacks. Villager needs a good attack like that.

His moves need to be a little wider ranged, as well as giving his double-jump more height. Maybe this could be substituted by giving his balloon recovery a little less air-time?

and I also size-modded him for myself since I felt he was incredibly oversized. Since it looks like you imported his tools and the Gyroid from AC:CF, is there a way to import the model of the Villager himself in Brawl as well? I know ACCF has MDL0s.

Still great job.

Uncle0wnage
    Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #258 on: November 14, 2013, 12:52:26 PM »

Playing with him for a few hours, here are my conclusions:

His attacks are very slow and underpowered. I found using the U-tilt to be especially useless. I also think his Side-B, while still a WIP, could be a single blow as opposed to the small multiple attacks. Villager needs a good attack like that.

His moves need to be a little wider ranged, as well as giving his double-jump more height. Maybe this could be substituted by giving his balloon recovery a little less air-time?

and I also size-modded him for myself since I felt he was incredibly oversized. Since it looks like you imported his tools and the Gyroid from AC:CF, is there a way to import the model of the Villager himself in Brawl as well? I know ACCF has MDL0s.

Still great job.

I agree with all of this, could he be smaller?

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #259 on: November 14, 2013, 01:42:57 PM »

didn't think there'd be this good of feedback for a bit, glad you guys are liking the Villager.

as is probably obvious, i didn't too a whole lot of play testing myself, so a lot of the attacks are imbalanced.  hence the size issue, which i agree, he does need to be a bit smaller after watching the videos.  so thank you for giving me a great start UncleOwnage, i'll start with your suggestions, as well as the ones from bekindsorewind.  that isn't to say that i'll ignore any more, since it'll still take time to make the changes.

I also think his Side-B, while still a WIP, could be a single blow as opposed to the small multiple attacks. Villager needs a good attack like that.

for the Side B, i was thinking of making it more or less like Luigi's and Pikachu's, i just haven't touched it yet aside from the base pose and testing to make sure the Gyroid loaded properly.

Since it looks like you imported his tools and the Gyroid from AC:CF, is there a way to import the model of the Villager himself in Brawl as well? I know ACCF has MDL0s.

the answer is yes, but the quality of the model is quite low.  not nearly as bad as the Smashville models, since those are the Wild World models, but yeah.  i actually used the City Folk model as the base when i made the current Villager model, and i made it as close to it as possible, just a higher poly count to look and animate better.  so in a sense, this is the CF model, just better looking for the most part.

bekindsorewind
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #260 on: November 14, 2013, 02:42:20 PM »

Snoopy, I size-modded him 75% of his initial size. He looks much better now. The shorts could have darker texture, since it looks very light and kinda off to his black color. The eyes are something I'd reconsider too; they look either too big for the head or too close to each other, I can't quite put my finger on it though.

His attacks REALLY need to not have as much lag and be beefed up. His Up-Smash half-charged only does about 9% for me and barely sends the character flying.

I also have a Classic Sonic import on my game and when I play as him now he freezes the game. This is because of the Villager since this hasn't happened since I put him in it.

Villager freezes on victory screens and no contest screens too.
    « Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 06:27:58 PM by bekindsorewind » Logged

babyblinx1
    Advanced Kitten

I'm the mayor, do what I say.....OR ELSE

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #261 on: November 14, 2013, 05:02:06 PM »

Excellent! I hope to see this thing get BETTER than Nintendo quality. And hid attacks could be faster and stronger. Also he is too big. BUT everyone said this already.

SouthCraft
    Holy Kitten

Retired brawl modder

• Awards Heart Container Renowned Hacker >9000 Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #262 on: November 17, 2013, 06:40:42 AM »

Nice so far! If it is at any point, you need a backup PSAer or help or anything, send me a Pm and ill be happy to help Smiley Or if you guys want to deal it urself im not going in your way....

babyblinx1
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #263 on: November 26, 2013, 12:14:42 PM »

Hey snoopy, does this spring an idea in that productive mind of yours? XD
    « Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 12:15:33 PM by babyblinx1 » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #264 on: November 26, 2013, 12:15:17 PM »

Hey snoopy, does this spring an idea in that productive mind of yours? XD
    A broken image?

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Renova

Extreme Kitten

There's one thing a saiyan always keeps..HIS PRIDE

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #265 on: December 06, 2013, 08:43:23 AM »

A broken image?

He provided a img link to the daily image on the smash bros site which changes daily.

Looks like today skull kid will be an assist trophy. Cool.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #266 on: December 11, 2013, 08:24:14 PM »

sorry for the bit of silence, been focusing a lot on college the last few weeks, especially since this week is finals for me.  which means in a few days i'll finally have some time to work on the Villager a bit more.

a few things to note.  i believe i have a general idea of why the constant freezing after the match is happening.  i think it's something with the FitPit.pac file.  i've reduced the texture file size for the Villager a fair amount, but nothing changed.  i then removed the MotionEtc to test, and it still froze after just a few matches.  i then put the MotionEtc back and removed the FitPit.pac, and it took a lot longer to freeze, about 20 matches compared to 4.  of course the last few were quickly entering and exiting immediately, so even that freeze could just be from a memory overload or something.  so i at least have a lead on that.

as for the Side B, i have one of two options.  the first is to try to copy how it will be in Smash 4 exactly, according to this...

the second option is to still have the two separate parts, but say something like he hops on when in air, and just fires it when on ground.  this will probably be the easier option, but i may try the first one anyways.

so yeah, that's what's been going on with me the last bit.  i wouldn't just release a beta and call it done.

babyblinx1
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #267 on: December 12, 2013, 03:30:50 PM »

sorry for the bit of silence, been focusing a lot on college the last few weeks, especially since this week is finals for me.  which means in a few days i'll finally have some time to work on the Villager a bit more.

a few things to note.  i believe i have a general idea of why the constant freezing after the match is happening.  i think it's something with the FitPit.pac file.  i've reduced the texture file size for the Villager a fair amount, but nothing changed.  i then removed the MotionEtc to test, and it still froze after just a few matches.  i then put the MotionEtc back and removed the FitPit.pac, and it took a lot longer to freeze, about 20 matches compared to 4.  of course the last few were quickly entering and exiting immediately, so even that freeze could just be from a memory overload or something.  so i at least have a lead on that.

as for the Side B, i have one of two options.  the first is to try to copy how it will be in Smash 4 exactly, according to this...

the second option is to still have the two separate parts, but say something like he hops on when in air, and just fires it when on ground.  this will probably be the easier option, but i may try the first one anyways.

so yeah, that's what's been going on with me the last bit.  i wouldn't just release a beta and call it done.
    Amazing, man. You have the perserverance of a candy junkie in a candy store. XD I'd say the first one will be a bit of a pain, but I hope it works for you. The way it works sounds like it can't fit in the moveset, or work in the moveset.

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #268 on: January 19, 2014, 09:27:13 PM »

wait, there's an update?

Revision 1 is here, with 98.675% less freezing!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1p431ac3dqat37/VillagerPSARevision1.zip

the main reason it took well over a month to find the freezing issue was because i was looking in the wrong spot.  turns out it was the Villager's model causing the after a few matches freeze.  i have no idea why, but apparently having the Helmet and Gloves on the Villager's model was just too much, even after BrawlBox's tristripping. 

so the model and textures are highly optimized since the previous release, and the Gloves and Helmet have been moved into the FitPit.pac.  they're still there and show up when necessary, which is what i've been working on the last week.

also, the balancing suggestions from a while ago should all be in there, assuming i didn't forget to copy some over.  the last release i completely forgot to actually change most of the extra details of the hitboxes.  well, anything more than which bone it goes to and positioning i ended up forgetting.  but they should be in there now.

basically there's nothing actually new in here, mainly just the optimizations and hitbox fixings.

and if you've read this far and wondered about the above pic, it's going to be part of the Final Smash animation.  had some REFF and REFT editing to make it work, but i think it'll be worth it.

Yoku
    The Patient
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat Ninja Donator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #269 on: January 19, 2014, 09:32:42 PM »

Great job Snoopy, this looks to be coming along very nicely, keep it up!
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 09:40:58 PM by Project Smash 4 » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 30
    Print
    Jump to: