Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 ... 228
Author Topic: KH2/FF7/DIS Sephiroth V5.1 and FF8: Diablos V1, FFX/DIS Tidus V1.05 fixed issues  (Read 820113 times)
_Data_Drain_
Master of the Dark Matter
Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1890 on: June 26, 2011, 06:55:54 PM »

How about they slow down for a moment? Or something... isn't there anything that can render them helpless (and still) for a moment? And is easy to do?
    But that would be ridiculous... For a final smash, or something like Cloud's Omni Slash V5, slowing time down is one thing, but it's another for a spammable attack.

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Renowned Hacker Heart Container >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1891 on: June 26, 2011, 07:04:47 PM »

He goes into a helpless fall right? So he couldn't attack after, and it would only last like a second or two.

Nevermind. But still it would only last a second, just to make the attack look more authentic, but it wouldn't actually affect anything.
    « Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 07:05:54 PM by Apprentice Of Death » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1892 on: June 26, 2011, 10:41:06 PM »

He goes into a helpless fall right? So he couldn't attack after, and it would only last like a second or two.

Nevermind. But still it would only last a second, just to make the attack look more authentic, but it wouldn't actually affect anything.

But that would be ridiculous... For a final smash, or something like Cloud's Omni Slash V5, slowing time down is one thing, but it's another for a spammable attack.
    ^ This, and, I don't want the game to freeze all the players in-game for a second everytime thatattack is used. Drop it, it can't be done.

Thundaga_T2
    Extreme Kitten

Hey You!

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1893 on: June 26, 2011, 11:28:59 PM »

Um... i have some questions, what happens if you try to block his aerial forward special? do the hitboxes still come out and you block them? How much shield damage does it do (how much it shrinks the shield)? And does it effect how far he travels with it?

Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
    Check out our music request thread here

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1894 on: June 26, 2011, 11:40:10 PM »

^ This, and, I don't want the game to freeze all the players in-game for a second everytime thatattack is used. Drop it, it can't be done.

No, no, no not all players, just the one he goes through, if he goes through. To make it look like the attack.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1895 on: June 27, 2011, 03:54:21 AM »

Drop it, it can't be done.
    Sounds rather [censored]y the way you said that dude. I could tell he only meant the one being attacked and hit by it and it's not just about you, you're not alone. I for one wouldn't mind if this gets in and freezes the one being hit, gives me a more real Sephiroth feeling.
    « Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:55:13 AM by Shiina » Logged

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #1896 on: June 27, 2011, 04:03:45 AM »

Sounds rather [censored]y the way you said that dude. I could tell he only meant the one being attacked and hit by it and it's not just about you, you're not alone. I for one wouldn't mind if this gets in and freezes the one being hit, gives me a more real Sephiroth feeling.
    But it likely CAN'T be done, you could increase the hit lag, but... That would likely be easy to DI out of... Or... Wait... Oh dear... You know? It might be possible... Since Zelda has the thunder kick... With a lot of hit lag... Is there a value that controls hit lag, and can make it hard to DI out of?

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1897 on: June 27, 2011, 04:08:35 AM »

But it likely CAN'T be done, you could increase the hit lag, but... That would likely be easy to DI out of... Or... Wait... Oh dear... You know? It might be possible... Since Zelda has the thunder kick... With a lot of hit lag... Is there a value that controls hit lag, and can make it hard to DI out of?
    Oh yeah, her kick delays like crazy. Kinda like Captain Falcon's knee but her's is longer. But i have no idea if something controls it or how high it can go if there is. o.o'

Also, gonna read back some feedback given here. I played Sephi last night again and i wanna see if i don't repeat stuff XD

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 04:15:06 AM by Shiina » Logged

_Data_Drain_
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #1898 on: June 27, 2011, 04:14:28 AM »

Oh yeah, her kick delays like crazy. Kinda like Captain Falcon's knee but her's is longer. But i have no idea if something controls it or how high it can go if there is. o.o'

Also, gonna read back some feedback given here. I played Sephi last night again and i wanna see if i don't repeat stuff XD
    Quite a lot has already been said... Man though, I just hope Hollow sees this latest idea though... Increasing the hit lag might indeed work... But it would need to be less then Zelda's, or Falcon's, but enough to be like it is in Dissidia.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1899 on: June 27, 2011, 04:16:52 AM »

> Fsmash's animation, after the attack, when he's getting back to Wait1, he kinda floats, same with Octaslash.

>Octaslash (Fsmash) needs to have a longer charge time, add 1:30 seconds to it, at least... It comes out too fast and its got too much power.

>Back Throw looks a bit odd, dunno what, exactly...

>I see you fixed the Grab dashing, nice! But, a new dash appeared. Side B kinda dashes, he should stand still, and the attack is a bit strong, perhaps lower it to 12 damage? It's doing 19-21 and it's easy to land.

>Down B: Can't the effects go in the direction this gun's pointing? , it'd look AWESOME this way, and very similar to Dissidia's.

>Ftilt is fast enough, in my opinion. It's good as it is.

>Down Smash's hitbox, can you adjust it so it doesn't hits on Sephiroth's back? It's kinda odd having Sephiroth's coat harming people. XD

>Heaven's Light goes way too high, the original idea was for it to have more horizontal range but a bit less vertical range than Marth, also, he should go Up slow, but fast, I'm sorry this wasn't pointed out, I totally forgot about it.

>AoD's got it right with Up Smash, it's just adjusting the animation a bit.

>Down Throw: I think instead of having knockback, it should lay the opponent down as Snake's Down Throw does.

This is totally awesome, really near completion, I'm really impressed and hyped. Great job, Hollow! T_T
    My turn...

Pretty much everything Wolfric said is true, but maybe making Octoslash have as much end lag as it used to would fix the balance problems with it, after all, it does take 1 in a half second to use... Now on to new things.

Up air's landing, after using side B, the animation bugs out big time... Here, let this picture tell you what I mean.

It's some landing animation, not just that one, but there's a landing animation that does that... See if you can fix it.

His dash turning animation... You can actually cancel it into smash attacks, and to a turning smash attack... Take this how ever you want, I'm not sure if this is broken.

Oblivion's hit box is too big, it should only work if Sephiroth passes through you, I was above Meta Knight, and it hit him... Plus, he needs to stay still after it hits, or misses, like in Dissidia.

I fully agree with Wolfric with the down throw, it needs to make the foe lay down, like after Snake's down throw, it also has a LOT of base knock back... It looks unrealistic... Also... Is there anyway to make him not go through the ceiling? Like Kirby, or Meta Knight's up throw?

Back throw... The animation seems odd, he's hitting them downward, but they go flying upward... It just seems odd.

I still say Hell's Gate needs start up lag... There are times when you can actually spike the foe, without dieing with it... But then again, it is pretty hard to do though, but it's doable, since the spike collision is on all of the blade.

Godspeed could use a bit of end lag to be honest.

Now I do not know how the heck I did this, but I swear I got Octoslash to work without charging... I think, just make sure there's no way he can do it without fully charging forward smash.

...Until I find more, I hope this helps out, it's pretty close to being finished. Smiley

Edit: Hey, you took my suggestion for a that FFVII win pose... Nice!

It's a bit faster then it was in the game, but it's a very nice victory pose.

Oh, AoD, Heartless Angel could do about 30% damage, that would be perfect, since it's powerful, without being Final Smash like.
    This pretty much said my thoughts.. XD
    I had the glitch as well, kinda annoying to get v_v

Soo... I guess I'll just give a bit of feedback, though, it isn't that much... but I guess a lot was already said, so it's alright.

Aerial Side B - LOVE this move, though I have no idea what the hell it's even based off. But just one thing... maybe add some sort of effect to Sephiroth while he's "dashing"? I don't know, it just seems a bit graphically odd to me at the moment.

Down Throw - I like the concept of this, but I think it needs a few more tweaks to the animations.

Back Throw - ...That animation is just dumb. I don't care how, just fix it.
    That, and knockback for it just seems to be too strong.

This point is a bit minor, but... his walking speed just doesn't seem to fit his animation. Maybe slow him down a bit more, so that it fits?

So, yeah, these are my thoughts on this. This is definately, like, a vast improvement over the previous version, and he already does feel quite a bit like an actual Brawl character, but there are still some details that need to be fixed.
    Alright, to elaborate on what Cal said.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuHs9kNedkw
    Look at 0:46 or 0:45, that's Oblivion, There a little bit of slash effects on the foe, when they get hit, also, Sephiroth Does the whole animation... Even if he misses, so he has a lot of end lag on it when it misses, thus leaving him WIDE open, You could also put the sword trail on his sword during the move, since he has it in Dissidia...

One more thing about that move, as I said before, it's hit box is too tall, you can hit foes without touching them if they are below you... Make it to where he HAS to pass them to hit.

The throw animations... Alright, I agree, while I won't be as harsh, the animations could use some work on those two throws, down throw... I love the idea behind that one, it's very good, it just needs some fixes, like... I feel that Sephiroth should maybe face the screen? Since the foe faces the screen too.

Back throw... Well, I think the slash should be done faster, and a horizontal slice, kinda like Meta Knight's back throw, I just thought if something... Maybe it could look like the third slash of Reaper? It's shown at 0:37 in that video... Heck, maybe that can be the throw, he turns around, and throws them?

And yeah, he walks too fast, he needs to slowly creep up on the foe, his animation suggests he's going pretty slow when he walks.
    Yeah but, the old down throw was kinda broken... You could catch them out of the air, and kill them at low percentage... Personally, I'm kinda glad it's changed.

And yeah, forward air should be changed to the chase mode brave attack, it would still work the same, but look more in character.

And this is pretty much my idea for animations as well xD

God now i feel useless for testing XD

Quite a lot has already been said... Man though, I just hope Hollow sees this latest idea though... Increasing the hit lag might indeed work... But it would need to be less then Zelda's, or Falcon's, but enough to be like it is in Dissidia.
    Yeah, i hope he does. It does give a bit more Sephiroth feeling to the moveset. It has a lot of Sephi feel, but this would just make it even more.

God i wish we could just import Sephi from Dissidia with everything with him. Pure win that would be XD

Hollow
    Kitty Corp's Personal Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1900 on: June 27, 2011, 02:25:36 PM »

So, how is this going to work?

He dashes, the opponent is hit with lots of lag, then the slashes come? I don't know....hitlag stops both people, not just the one being hit, and since the initial attack would be very strong, a hitlag flag wouldn't do much either. But I suppose that would be better then nothing.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1901 on: June 27, 2011, 02:27:43 PM »

No, no, no not all players, just the one he goes through, if he goes through. To make it look like the attack.

The problem is, as Data mentioned in the post I quoted, so far, it's not possible to only freeze a single character, instead, it'd freeze them all. Using hitlag might work, but I'm not too sure about it.
    « Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:29:10 PM by Cloudy » Logged

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1902 on: June 27, 2011, 02:29:03 PM »

The fact that it makes both characters lag actually makes it work better since that attack is supposed to have lots of end lag anyway.

The problem is, as Data mentioned in the post I quoted, so far, it's not possible to only freeze a single character, instead, it'd freeze them all. Using hitlag might work, but I'm not too sure about it.

Haven't you read the last posts?

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1903 on: June 27, 2011, 02:30:39 PM »

As long as a third person is unnaffected by lag, I'd love this.

I wasn't trying to sound [censored]y, and I'm not giving feedback for my own and only likings, Pride, I was just stating it wasn't possible, 'cause if it was, Sdo0m would have done it with Cloud's Omnislash, but, instead, it freezes all the players.

OmegaMalkior
    Lol Kitten

Back to normal.

• Awards Heart Container Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1904 on: June 27, 2011, 02:32:38 PM »

Why not use Hit-stun? :X

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
    SSBB Name: Omega
    SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
    SSBB rank: I don't even know
    Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

Pages:  1 ... 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 ... 228
    Print
    Jump to: