Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What would you like me to release next?
Melee Mute City - 73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley - 31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky - 17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle - 14 (8%)
Fire Temple - 13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut - 3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern - 3 (1.7%)
Venom - 4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man - 17 (9.7%)
Total Voters: 175

Pages:  1 ... 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 ... 492
Author Topic: Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)  (Read 1610431 times)
Mewtwo2000
The Stage Master
Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4980 on: September 01, 2011, 05:02:15 AM »

Right now, nobody would be able to make something that accurate like my Peach's Castle stage.

In the near future, everybody will be able to make it more accurate, quick, and effortless.

Today I've seen a nice Ganon's Tower outside picture in Brawlbox. And the other day I saw some Peach's Castle Melee too.

In that near future, my stages won't be special anymore. And stage making won't be special either for me.

That's the way I feel

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

I'll always be, just like you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4981 on: September 01, 2011, 05:20:49 AM »

Well, how about making entirely new stages and importing those? Then you could still put the same amount of effort into your stages as you have before, while scratching that creative itch.

At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #4982 on: September 01, 2011, 05:26:18 AM »

But that's not my style. I mean, for me a SSB game needs stages from nintendo games, representative stages from representative games. An entirely new stage is not a nintendo stage, and I would not enjoy doing a stage that doesn't mean something to me.

Also, we'll see if I'm able to use that importer (if I feel like trying it), cause my computer... well... it's a [censored], it takes forever to show the models in a stage of mine with the new brawlbox... And some of them are buggy, deformed and such...

I don't really know if that's my computer, or if brawlbox is buggy with some of the models I use anyway  Undecided
    « Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 05:27:19 AM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

Stage shadows tutorial

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

I'll always be, just like you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4983 on: September 01, 2011, 06:37:26 AM »

I understand that. You could beat people to the punch, and mass-release ports that no one else has yet XD.

Anyway, most people wouldn't be able to correctly port an entire level like you do even with an importer function. For example, your masterpiece; Those little things like the polygon colour of the hills, the objects that always face the screen, etc. I don't think people will be able to simply port those kind of features just yet.

And with this tool you could improve your levels. You could add Yoshi to the castle grounds, add an inside area with mushroom men, coins, fire, the whole shebang. The next version of Brawl Box could allow you to tap into your further potential. Smiley
    « Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 06:55:19 AM by Friedslick6 » Logged

At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #4984 on: September 01, 2011, 06:49:50 AM »

I say get creative with your stages.

Instead of making them look like straight model imports, you should base your stages on the stages you wanna make.

Example, make Peach's Castle something unique.
    « Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 06:59:51 AM by Segtendo » Logged

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

« Reply #4985 on: September 01, 2011, 07:04:38 AM »

You could try recreating stages from the nes/snes era in 3d, since they don't have models in such.

But to be honest when the model importer comes (if it does), I expect a lot of [censored]ty stage ports from people inexperienced in stage making. Anyone can just import a model, but it takes more experience to make an imported model feel like a brawl stage. Though actually building the stage is probably the most enjoyable part, stuff like the lighting and animations are things other people can't just import.

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4986 on: September 01, 2011, 08:09:56 AM »

You could try recreating stages from the nes/snes era in 3d, since they don't have models in such. But to be honest when the model importer comes (if it does), I expect a lot of [censored]ty stage ports from people inexperienced in stage making. Anyone can just import a model, but it takes more experience to make an imported model feel like a brawl stage. Though actually building the stage is probably the most enjoyable part, stuff like the lighting and animations are things other people can't just import.
    awesome idea
    make stages from 2d games (or animes Cheesy) with no models since that can´t the .dae importer get

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #4987 on: September 01, 2011, 08:31:22 AM »

For the moment, the solution seems to be a mix from what you 3 suggested, and the 3 voted options in the poll.

These are my conclusions for the moment:

- If I get creative, and don't build exact stages, but based versions of them with a more enjoyable gameplay, I'll not run into troubles like people doing the same thing like me
    - If my stages come from places/games that people would not usually think of, I wont get that problem either.
    - Even with an importer, I can still make imports look better than other unexperienced stagers
    - An importer may help me import models that I would need to build or vertex, my boo model would have been quicker to do.

Now, the problems of these:

- Personal satisfaction. I'm more satisfied now that I've been able to build Peach's Castle with tons of vertexed models that if I had copied the model and pasted into brawl. Same to boos, for example.
    - Refusing to make stages in my plans. If a stage I'm planning is cool just because of the fact that it's from an old game, and the awesome thing is how it's built, if that's now easy and quick to do, maybe the stage doesn't even deserve to be made by me and I should leave it to others.
    - Stage duplicates. If somebody makes a bad version of one stage I like most, I will end up doing that stage again. That's not new really, I've ended duplicating some stages like Kongo Jungle or Peach's Castle just because the already made ones weren't good enough for me -_-

Well, we'll see in the future... I'm a little depressed anyway, just because of the exam I have tomorrow, the nearly coming classes and the fact that I'm not gonna have much time to hack when I'm back to classes...

And realizing how old I am compared to most hackers here doesn't help either... >_<

awesome idea
    make stages from 2d games (or animes Cheesy) with no models since that can´t the .dae importer get

Making stages with 2D stuff everywhere? I guess not...  Im srs here

Stage shadows tutorial

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #4988 on: September 01, 2011, 08:31:56 AM »

Right now, nobody would be able to make something that accurate like my Peach's Castle stage.

Is this a challenge?

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

« Reply #4989 on: September 01, 2011, 08:35:12 AM »

Is this a challenge?

Erm... no...  Im srs here

But, seriously, I don't guess anybody would have had the patience and detailling I've had with it... At least not to make that very whole stage...

Sorry if I'm mistaken  Undecided

Stage shadows tutorial

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

« Reply #4990 on: September 01, 2011, 08:51:31 AM »

Erm... no...  Im srs here

But, seriously, I don't guess anybody would have had the patience and detailling I've had with it... At least not to make that very whole stage...

Sorry if I'm mistaken  Undecided

That is more correct. It's mostly about patience and discipline - that's what sets you and Beyond apart the rest of the hackers when it comes to accuracy. Aaaand a little bit of extra knowledge, of course.

But don't go saying things like "nobody else would be able".

By the way, I'm sad to hear you're a little depressed and don't worry about your age. Think that your experience sets you apart. I hope you do well in your test and come back to hacking when possible.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

MandoWolfe
    Supreme Kitten

Hmp... Very well. Let's do this.

• Awards Favorite'd Featured Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4991 on: September 01, 2011, 09:00:16 AM »

no way Mewtwo. Your the best stage hacker that this place has to offer. im sure that even after the importer is complete people are just gonna want to see how you are going to use this to your advantage. Smiley i've enjoyed every stage you make, it actually always makes me want to play the original. lol XD but no matter how much easier it gets, people are still gonna want to see what you'll do. i know i will.

Soon enough... I'll show you my true power.

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4992 on: September 01, 2011, 09:10:24 AM »

Making stages with 2D stuff everywhere? I guess not...  Im srs here
    i meant more make the 2d stuff to 3d

like make a Super mario bros. 3 based Stage into brawl but in 3d

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #4993 on: September 01, 2011, 09:12:42 AM »

i like make a Super mario bros. 3 based Stage into brawl but in 3d
    Someone actually did that. He based it on worlds 1-1 and 1-2.

I think InTrepidCognito did it.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #4994 on: September 01, 2011, 09:13:44 AM »

Stage making requires a lot of [censored]ing patience for sure. You making Peach's Castle all the way, I more than respect you for that. Even when playing with my friends, sometimes I pause and just look at the models and all around and say "Man, this guy is crazy. Look, he even did the backyard!" LOL it's somewhat of an inside joke.

Still, what you did was amazing, and even when that importer comes, which I'm not a fan of either, you're still gonna be the Mewtwo that we know, and I'm sure you'll get creative somehow, and do something from there.

What Beyond said is a good idea. Recreating stages from SNES games and such. Since of course, those aren't 3D and can't be imported into Brawl.

My suggestion, figure out who's behind the model importer, track his IP, and take care of business, if you know what I mean. *cracks knuckles*
    I'm joking for those who are easily offended and like to report me like fat babies.

Pages:  1 ... 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 ... 492
    Print
    Jump to: