Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 ... 445
Author Topic: Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions  (Read 1847722 times)
SonicBrawler
Magical Girl
Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3645 on: June 12, 2012, 01:57:30 PM »

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26903
    >.> can someone remove this? He uploaded my project that accidently got leaked. I then said NOT to upload (its from smash boards) the guy incharge put me incharge and someone on my team leaked the files. its like, 1000% glitched. please remove

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3646 on: June 12, 2012, 01:58:51 PM »

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26903
    >.> can someone remove this? He uploaded my project that accidently got leaked. I then said NOT to upload (its from smash boards) the guy incharge put me incharge and someone on my team leaked the files. its like, 1000% glitched. please remove
    It poofed.

SonicWolf
    Wolf Warrior
    Holy Kitten

Don't underestimate me.

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog Heart Container RAGE!! Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3647 on: June 12, 2012, 02:34:08 PM »

It poofed.

lol best way to say gone.

!!!!! I WILL GET TO ANYTHING I HAVEN'T DONE AS SOON AS I CAN. NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS YET !!!!!
    !!!!! IF YOU REQUESTED A STRAP FROM ME PLEASE PM ME AGAIN & I WILL DO SO. I AM SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE !!!!!

currently playing: Pokemon Black2, Zelda (SS, MC, LttP and TP), Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Dueling Network & SSBB (once I fix my wii).

Friends:

Favorite Confirmed SSB4 Character so far:

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

« Reply #3648 on: June 12, 2012, 03:00:38 PM »

It poofed.

lol thanks. Tongue

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3649 on: June 12, 2012, 03:01:13 PM »

I put that it was credit to cutter kirby  not impressed I see what you did there ...
    Yes but did you even ask him if you could upload it? Seeing you used HIS stage for a base
    yea i messaged him but he dint message back  Roll Eyes
    Then you can't upload it, simple as that.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26891

Did he ask for your permission to use your stage as a base?
    He sent me a PM apologizing, but didn't ask my permission to use it...Can you please remove it again?

I believe we need to keep an eye on him, seeing as he thinks that no answer = permission granted. Roll Eyes

Currently waiting for a reply from Cutterkirby regarding this.
    « Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:02:38 PM by Puraidou-chan » Logged

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #3650 on: June 12, 2012, 03:19:50 PM »

I would like to quote for you guys the rules regarding submissions to the Vault.

Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Anyone found to be plagiarizing someone else’s work will be banned indefinitely from submitting to Brawl Vault.
         o THIS INCLUDES MINOR EDITS TO OTHERS’ WORK. If you copy what someone has written and superficially change a few words, it’s still plagiarism; the same concept applies here. For example, creating a night/rain/snow version of someone’s stage or changing a character’s shirt from green to blue and releasing it on your own is plagiarism.

Certain board rules also apply to BV submissions and reports :
        Flaming
        Trolling
        Spamming
        Disruptive Behavior
        Offensive Material
    These are the only grounds you have for deleting a hack. If someone asks to have a hack deleted because it's based on their work, you need to make sure it's actually plagiarized. Otherwise, just edit in a credit if needed.

To put it more plainly: Derivative works are not subject to deletion.

Once you put a hack out there, people have just as much of a right to mod it as they do to mod the original Brawl files.

I say this because it seems you guys are getting a bit overzealous in deleting stuff -- you're certainly being far harsher in enforcing your "copyright" than Nintendo is.

CutterKirby64
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3651 on: June 12, 2012, 03:31:31 PM »

THIS INCLUDES MINOR EDITS TO OTHERS’ WORK. If you copy what someone has written and superficially change a few words, it’s still plagiarism;
    I checked the files, he changed 3 textures and released it. That's basically this part of the rules, isn't it?
    « Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:35:25 PM by CutterKirby64 » Logged

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #3652 on: June 12, 2012, 03:37:04 PM »

I checked the files, he changed 3 textures and released it. That's basically this part of the rules, isn't it?
    That depends on the scope of the changes. That's why I said the BV staff needs to look and make sure before deleting. Plagiarism is a pretty serious charge; they shouldn't be deleting stuff out of hand, based only on the claims of the plaintiff.

It's up to them to make the call. That's part of what they volunteered to do.
    « Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:38:51 PM by Vyse » Logged

CutterKirby64
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3653 on: June 12, 2012, 04:42:53 PM »

That depends on the scope of the changes. That's why I said the BV staff needs to look and make sure before deleting. Plagiarism is a pretty serious charge; they shouldn't be deleting stuff out of hand, based only on the claims of the plaintiff.

It's up to them to make the call. That's part of what they volunteered to do.
    But that's not Pride's fault. I saw the stage and made a post here asking someone to remove it. After that, this guy uploaded the stage again and Pride sent me a PM about it, his job as a BV Staff member was great.  Grin

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #3654 on: June 12, 2012, 06:29:11 PM »

But that's not Pride's fault. I saw the stage and made a post here asking someone to remove it. After that, this guy uploaded the stage again and Pride sent me a PM about it, his job as a BV Staff member was great.  Grin

You're missing the point pretty severely. In fact, saying that you told a BV staff to delete something and it promptly was deleted with no further investigation is directly counter to the point I am making.

I didn't say anything was anyone's "fault." I was gently reminding everyone of what is actually grounds for deletion, because people seem to be getting overenthusiastic about it. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

Like this. Right here. This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

It's not a question of "permission." It is ridiculous to complain about "permission" when we've been editing Nintendo's work for years and are now, with model importing, taking the work of other companies, e.g. Capcom -- all without permission. And they actually have copyrights.

Lack of permission is not what you should be interested in and is not grounds for deletion.
    « Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:38:34 PM by Vyse » Logged

Hero ©
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic PC Core Gamer Pin Collector 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3655 on: June 12, 2012, 06:38:37 PM »

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26915

This is already uploaded..

Original: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11470

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3656 on: June 12, 2012, 06:57:00 PM »

Seeing as Vyse just posted at length about how BV staff members such as myself are too zealous in deleting stuff, wouldn't the more prudent action be for you to report the hack instead of posting about it here?  The report button is there for a reason.

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #3657 on: June 12, 2012, 07:08:58 PM »

But that appears to actually be plagiarism, which does break the rules...

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3658 on: June 12, 2012, 07:16:18 PM »

But that appears to actually be plagiarism, which does break the rules...
    True, though it should still be reported just so the uploader has the chance to remove it.

Fine, I'll delete it.

Edit: Done.  It's gone.
    « Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 07:18:25 PM by Victory Badguy » Logged

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic KCMM Veteran

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3659 on: June 13, 2012, 02:14:49 AM »

He uploaded it again?! Ok. I'm requesting this guy submitting privileges get removed now...

Because I deleted this one. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26847&Moderated=All&facebook=true

Also StarWaffle won't agree to this. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26913&Moderated=All&facebook=true
    and he submits it anyways without permission and without any changes to it...
    « Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 02:18:11 AM by Sorceress » Logged

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Pages:  1 ... 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 ... 445
    Print
    Jump to: