Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 ... 445
Author Topic: Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions  (Read 1847611 times)
Carnage
God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3855 on: July 01, 2012, 03:08:04 PM »

there should be like a side button on the original hack to see rel ported over x char this would solve stuff since most rel portss is like use an already existente rel found somewhere and then  rename the files and upload, i could make like 30 rel ports over  most chars of any marth hack in like 10 mins but i dont becuase i fell that is cheap but lots of ppl just do that without even caring really

and when they port noone marth/ike/jiggly or MK movesets most of their specials dont work seem the floating points and articles are disabled :S

Sanada
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Staff Helper Sniper Tutorial Writer Epic Restorer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3856 on: July 01, 2012, 03:08:46 PM »

And I agree with Victory Badguy, we can have some kind of thread with all of the resources available.
    We already have the thread for the IC constants, we would just need the .rels which most of them are already made.
    ...I'm up to create this if everyone's okay with it, where should it be, in General hacking or Help?

Also, I realized this current discussion may affect things like my sword project which uses .rel ports, though I wasn't planning to release it on the Vault, only keep on the thread...if that means anything...probably not, :/

sorry I'll stay quiet...

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3857 on: July 01, 2012, 03:11:10 PM »

hope u guys find a soothing solution
    maybe its just a rel/port phase we are going through, it will pass...

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3858 on: July 01, 2012, 03:22:37 PM »

well, i dotn wanan sound mean, but, jasonvalle (or whatever) isnt that great at the .rel ports, even tho its kidn aeasy. he is jsu treleasing all fo these cuz i made teh tutorial for him. i just wish he would fix them up with psa

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

« Reply #3859 on: July 01, 2012, 03:26:12 PM »

...I'm up to create this if everyone's okay with it, where should it be, in General hacking or Help?

Also, I realized this current discussion may affect things like my sword project which uses .rel ports, though I wasn't planning to release it on the Vault, only keep on the thread...if that means anything...probably not, :/

sorry I'll stay quiet...

If anything I think it should go in the General Hacking Section.
    We already have this thread http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=25005.0
    It contains everything so you can make your own IC constant codes as well for the Sound Banks; it also has PAL codes.

We would only need a module .rel database.

hope u guys find a soothing solution
    maybe its just a rel/port phase we are going through, it will pass...

I doubt it, as hacking becomes easier and easier we will keep seeing stuff like this.

Sanada
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Staff Helper Sniper Tutorial Writer Epic Restorer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3860 on: July 01, 2012, 04:36:15 PM »

If anything I think it should go in the General Hacking Section.
    We already have this thread http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=25005.0
    It contains everything so you can make your own IC constant codes as well for the Sound Banks; it also has PAL codes.

We would only need a module .rel database.

Sounds fair enough. I'll see what I can get up for the topic, maybe like have a chart or something showing, for example a Marth .rel that works over Ike, Mario, but doesn't work for Kirby.  And then have the .rels available on the thread to download, so there should be no reason for them to be in Vault, thats the idea of this right? I just hope this helps out the BV Team on the workload keeping the Vault free from .rel ports.

JirachiMaster
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3861 on: July 01, 2012, 05:13:13 PM »

We get what you're saying. The report function, specially for freezing and hacks' problems, is meant to inform the actual hack maker of the problems other people are having with his hack. Once he removes the report he is now considered "informed" about the problems with the hack. Whether he fixes it or not, it's not up to us. We know it would be optimal if the report could just stay there for other people to the see problems with the hack, or for the hack maker to at least update the description of the hack, but sadly it doesn't work that way and we have no power over that; unless Admins say otherwise. And even if we can edit the description with the problems, there is no way to know if the problems are only specific to the person making the report or to everyone, unless we test them ourselves. The issue here is the Vault is beginning to get full of "half-as*ed" hacks, and we as Vault mods still have to approve them, because there is no rule against that and it would be difficult to judge each hack's quality. Unless we implement some other kind of report system; some kind of system in which we would be able to see each and every report a hack has gotten and the number of reports, then we would be able to judge from that. It should be the hack maker's responsibility to make sure his hacks actually work, but again most people don't even bother.

Alright, then sorry about all that before. If I come across any faulty PSAs, I'll just pm them to the uploader from now on.

Dr.
    Hyper Kitten

Hi stranger, you look good ;D

• Awards Featured Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3862 on: July 01, 2012, 10:55:07 PM »

Im sorry to derail the topic a little bit...
    I already made a report but, this guy... is not the first time he does something like this:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27374

he gives credit, but I just download it and compared to this:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27182
    I don't see any difference at all...
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:59:19 PM by Dr. » Logged

Hero ©
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic PC Core Gamer Pin Collector 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3863 on: July 02, 2012, 12:52:06 AM »

That guy is a huge problem..

He takes peoples work and makes no changes and uploads it.

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3864 on: July 02, 2012, 07:12:42 AM »

That guy is a huge problem..

He takes peoples work and makes no changes and uploads it.
    He was brought up before in stealing a "Paper Mario stage" That he submitted 3 times. Honestly I'm not surprised he hasn't had his submission privileges removed and sending a PM won't work, I tried that once and he/she ignored it.
    « Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:15:20 AM by Sorceress » Logged

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3865 on: July 02, 2012, 08:08:28 AM »

He was brought up before in stealing a "Paper Mario stage" That he submitted 3 times. Honestly I'm not surprised he hasn't had his submission privileges removed and sending a PM won't work, I tried that once and he/she ignored it.
    I remember him doing that yeah..

May i request this user's submission privileges to be removed? He's constantly stealing work, he won't learn as he ignores PM's and reports.

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Dedicated Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3866 on: July 02, 2012, 08:20:25 AM »

I agree.  This "-_-" guy needs to be dealt with.  It's clear he won't voluntarily stop stealing stuff (maybe he's a kleptomaniac of Brawl hacks) so the only choice at this point is to ban him from uploading stuff.

Harsh, but he had it coming.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #3867 on: July 02, 2012, 11:41:49 AM »

I remember him doing that yeah..

May i request this user's submission privileges to be removed? He's constantly stealing work, he won't learn as he ignores PM's and reports.
    If he's already been warned by PMs and ignored them, then I guess I'll remove his submission rights.

Can someone in the BV Staff team recap a few of his thefts, and send him a PM explaining why he got those removed? Even if he ignores them, might as well do things properly.

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #3868 on: July 02, 2012, 09:08:32 PM »

So what have you guys decided on, exactly?

• No .rel ports on the Vault, unless they're made by the mod's original creator?
    • No packs on the Vault unless they include at least some (a majority?) of your own work?
    • Did you settle on anything for plagiarism?

I need to know so I can edit the rules accordingly.

Bush
    ALL YOUR PLANT ARE BELONG TO BUSH
    Special Access

• Awards 2011 SSBB Tournament Winner Pin Collector Staff Helper Cookie Clicker!

« Reply #3869 on: July 02, 2012, 09:11:27 PM »

Yes.

Yes.

Work has to be obviously different at a glance.

Pages:  1 ... 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 ... 445
    Print
    Jump to: