Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 85
Author Topic: Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!  (Read 559692 times)
Shun_One
Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #135 on: July 11, 2012, 07:33:44 PM »

So, depending on what goes down in the next few hours, I may have just found a new project to start on (and by start, I mean make textures until someone can do a proper model).

Fixed Lucina's eyes, but I have to match Vert's new hurt expressions.
    « Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:56:23 PM by Shun_One » Logged

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Raikrom
    Extreme Kitten

Red Bullet Desperado

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #136 on: July 12, 2012, 11:41:31 PM »

Alright, I feel I should bring up this character for whatever reason is going through in my head right now, but...

SOMEWHAT MAJOR FIRE EMBLEM 13 SPOILERS. Seriously, not part of the main story, but its pretty damn cool.

See that dude? Thats Paris. Not impressed by his name? Well you should be impressed by his lineage. Why? Because he's supposedly the Hero of Blue Flame's descendant. In other words, Ike's descendant. He is a Lvl 20 Hero with Sword Slayer, Axe Slayer, Lance Slayer, Luna, and Sol. Hell, he even comes with Ragnell, the very same blade Ike used. Plus he holds quite the resemblance to Ike.

Now, I don't know if you fine chaps on this thread take requests, but in the case that you do, I guess I'm sorta requesting a model of this dude to be made if you'd want to put the time and effort into it, and once better screens of him come out.
    Its just a suggestion for the future, I think it'd be awesome if it were made, but that's something for you guys to decide, because I know there's still a lot more you all want to get done yourselves.

Kamina
    Hyper Kitten

Just who the hell do you think I am?!

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #137 on: July 12, 2012, 11:55:54 PM »

Alright, I feel I should bring up this character for whatever reason is going through in my head right now, but...

SOMEWHAT MAJOR FIRE EMBLEM 13 SPOILERS. Seriously, not part of the main story, but its pretty damn cool.

See that dude? Thats Paris. Not impressed by his name? Well you should be impressed by his lineage. Why? Because he's supposedly the Hero of Blue Flame's descendant. In other words, Ike's descendant. He is a Lvl 20 Hero with Sword Slayer, Axe Slayer, Lance Slayer, Luna, and Sol. Hell, he even comes with Ragnell, the very same blade Ike used. Plus he holds quite the resemblance to Ike.

Now, I don't know if you fine chaps on this thread take requests, but in the case that you do, I guess I'm sorta requesting a model of this dude to be made if you'd want to put the time and effort into it, and once better screens of him come out.
    Its just a suggestion for the future, I think it'd be awesome if it were made, but that's something for you guys to decide, because I know there's still a lot more you all want to get done yourselves.

He's Ike's descendent? I see what you did there nintendo...

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2012, 11:58:33 PM »

Haha. I was going to suggest that particular project right away, but I'm gonna wait and see who this weeks DLC is. I'm counting on it being Ike this time, but we'll see in a bit.

Raikrom
    Extreme Kitten

Red Bullet Desperado

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #139 on: July 13, 2012, 12:47:16 AM »

Bit of trivia:
    During Fire Emblem[9]: Path of Radiance's development, Ike's original name was actually Paris.
    So some people speculated before FE13 Paris' actual reveal, that he'd be related to Ike in some way because of that. I'm sure a lot of those people feel smart right now...

Haha. I was going to suggest that particular project right away, but I'm gonna wait and see who this weeks DLC is. I'm counting on it being Ike this time, but we'll see in a bit.
    Man, that seems like it would either fit perfectly with Paris' appearance as the Final spotpass, or that it'd be asking too much. But it'd be very nice if that did happen. I'm guessing Ike would be a hero or a mercenary, I can't really see him being anything else like they've done with a couple others.
    « Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:48:15 AM by Grand-Master Rufure » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #140 on: July 14, 2012, 08:44:24 AM »

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l4uvw49ftqwvou9/EXuW1wrDGT

Raikrom
    Extreme Kitten

Red Bullet Desperado

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #141 on: July 14, 2012, 09:05:29 AM »

Cosmically epic

Exorcist
    super cool title like all the cool kids
    Supreme Kitten

it's admirable that yall are still kickin

• Awards Heart Container Fiery Topic Favorite'd Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #142 on: July 14, 2012, 10:42:24 AM »

The jacket looks great! Nice to see no clipping too.

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Vert092
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards >9000 Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #143 on: July 17, 2012, 01:09:41 PM »

Finally finished exams!
    Mia looks great! Will she come jacketless as well? I like how you took the time to model the back of her body, the original model has a massive gap.
    So, depending on what goes down in the next few hours, I may have just found a new project to start on (and by start, I mean make textures until someone can do a proper model). Fixed Lucina's eyes, but I have to match Vert's new hurt expressions.
    I haven't made more progress on her, but now that I'm done with exams I should resume working on her. I can send you the newer textures so you can retouch them a bit if you want, but I feel they don't need much work.

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #144 on: July 17, 2012, 04:19:36 PM »

Glad to hear it Vert!

If you're fine with them, so am I. I'll go back to studying Roy's art (I found a hi-res image) so I can properly texture all of his tiny details.

...and secretly hoping for an Ike dlc
    « Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 04:20:27 PM by Shun_One » Logged

Thany
    That kinky ol' broad
    Mega Kitten

It's Legendary!

• Awards Starstormer Pin Collector Featured Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #145 on: July 18, 2012, 03:55:55 PM »

Roy time;

I've got him fully rigged now, unless I happen to spot something that's amiss, but regardless my Autodesk journey is not over yet...

The cape is a lacking the sufficient vertices to rig it without the shoulderpads bleeding though a little here and there in the front, though. I've rigged his fingers exactly as Marth's are, except for how Marth's pinkie finger is influced by one of his middle fingers bones a little. His fingers are also a more suitable length now - the vertex had them stretched out reeeeeally far...

I intend to split the front of the purple side of his cape from the back so that I can make both objects be visible on only the sides that face outwards to reduce clipping....But splitting the front of his cape from the back ups the filesize, and I'll go into why that's pretty bad later .__.

Just another shot of him from behind. This is the back-sheathe model as you can see.

The back sheathe stuff is all rigged 100% to the WaistN bone instead of the Saya01N bone to prevent animation hiccups like with previous Roy vertexes.

However, the back sheathe isn't going to be perfect because of that cape... In Brawl, capes are moved by the wind, although the upper most cape bones can be moved, but the farther down you go, the less they are influenced by rotating them and the more wind effects will affect them.

Unless it was some sort of problem that they could not sort out in time, I had assumed Roy's sheathe was not present during matches in Melee due to its presumed clipping(And if you've ever worn a sheathe like that, it tends to hit you in the back of the legs a lot... x__x )

His trophy where he's shown in his gold costume and doing his taunt has his arm and the sword lower, but in a match, Roy's arm is in a different position and the sword is higher and closer to his body, so even if the sheathe was present, with that animation it would be too high to sheathe.

There is another issue with his sheathe being rigged this way...The little gizmo that attaches the head of the sheathe to the clips on Roy's belt will stretch out in some animations and the sheathe will go with it.

Before I had all of the sheathe things and all of his belt stuff rigged to the WaistN completely, but then the belt would look unnatural, awful and clip like no tomorrow. Hence, I went with this compromise of all the belt stuff being divided between the HipN and WaistN evenly, and made only the part of the little gizmo that sticks into the belt also be 500/500 for the HipN and WaistN

This is still a major improvement from the back sheathe models of the past, with only some mostly unnoticed things here and there, like it moving closer to him during the U-Air. The only thing I could do to make this better would be to rearrange the model's bone structure so that the actual sheathe bone is sticking out behind him and then rigging things accordingly, but this would render all but the side-sheathed model unsafe for Wi-Fi, unless it was an extra model.

Well now. That shadow certainly isn't sporting Marth's hairdo. :3c

Hey, look! It's the Sword of Seals, too! This was a simple vertex. I edited the head to look like it has Roy's hair, reshaped the neck to look more like his collar, made the chest rounder like his armour, shortened and reshaped the cape, made his hands bigger, arm skinnier, feet bigger and reshaped the sword.

For this shadow, I have deleted the sheathe polygon, but I can remake this and probably make sheathed versions for the other two Roy models.

...But it's better to view it in-game, where it's 2D and all shadow-y. Looks kinda like a plastic surgery nightmare in BBox's model previewer. The head, anyway.

More derpy goodness!

These previews of his moving eyes are pretty dated, but they're also from the only time I've ever gotten the eyes to work proper-...Uh...Work sort of, I mean.

They move and stuff, but his left eye is mirroring the right one as you can see. I've only been exporting to check rigging in-game at this point, so I've not really delved farther into the eyes issue. That's for the tail end of this model.

He's in the middle of a rolling dodge here, but appears to be running from a duo of Foxes, but not before tripping/sacrificing Marth to them. The eyes are neutral on this animation, or at least at the frame I snapped. It's a good idea of how his eyes will look when they are finished, sans the mirroring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would like to think that I'll be finished with this within the next 7 days... But I've been trying to hammer out an issue with Roy's metal texture freezing the game with Albafika's aid. Appears to be filesize based, so that's...Problematic...

I was using the backsheathe model(AKA, I copied the Max file and deleted the side and "no sheathe" stuff) to test it, but as soon as he breaks a metal box, I hear that famed BEEP... But, I've a few more tricks up my sleeve...
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:12:23 PM by Thany » Logged

Raikrom
    Extreme Kitten

Red Bullet Desperado

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #146 on: July 18, 2012, 05:44:50 PM »

Roy time is best time. It's looking pretty damn good so far, really anticipating it's release.

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #147 on: July 18, 2012, 10:20:50 PM »

Hey look, finally Ike DLC

Prepare to be disappointed though :/

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Raikrom
    Extreme Kitten

Red Bullet Desperado

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #148 on: July 18, 2012, 10:35:34 PM »

Well, to me it LITERALLY looks like they just slapped Ike's head and collar on Paris's body for the most part... Yay.

Also I thought he had a sword for his right arm for a split-second.

Meh... I'm glad he appeared at all, wondering about his reclass options though.

Lillith
    Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #149 on: July 18, 2012, 10:42:57 PM »

Like all the other DLC characters i'm pretty sure he has the same options as My Unit~

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 85
    Print
    Jump to: