Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: - — File Parsing Boot Camp — - (Some file structures added)  (Read 37451 times)
Xiggah
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #75 on: January 26, 2012, 03:45:20 PM »

All right. Just let me know if you need anything else, I'll be researching shaders in the meantime.

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #76 on: January 26, 2012, 03:47:50 PM »

you never posted the Resourse Groups
    or as I call them, Relocation Groups XDD

and go for it my friend Cheesy

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

DSX8
    Stage/Character Importer
    Never Gonna Give You Up

meow~

• Awards Good Citizen >9000 King for a Day Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #77 on: January 26, 2012, 03:56:05 PM »

all I can say is google image search: 'specular color'
    you should get the idea right off Wink
    (it's the lightest color)

EDIT:
    Samus has a specular on top of a texture reflection
    yeah and that follows the camera too Tongue

Follow me on facebook and Twitter!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/DMNSLYRX8              https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8

3DS Friend Code: 0705-6436-8834              NNID: Demonslayerx8              PSN: Demonslayerx8

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #78 on: January 26, 2012, 04:18:55 PM »

yeah and that follows the camera too Tongue
    Note: I've never seen Samus's data...
    I'm only getting my info from the screen Tongue

but I can replicate the effects of a model if I have an OBJ with just textures Awesome Face
    (I could replicate Samus if I had the bare model (no materials, textures, or anything visual))
    ^well, maybe not 100% as I don't know every trick just yet Tongue

you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.

you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2012, 04:30:03 PM »

There isn't much of a need to recreate something that's already made... I could import Samus's model much faster than you could recreate it "Wherever Vyse goes, cool follows."

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #80 on: January 26, 2012, 05:32:23 PM »

There isn't much of a need to recreate something that's already made... I could import Samus's model much faster than you could recreate it "Wherever Vyse goes, cool follows."
    well why the F not XD [/meme]

wouldn't you want to test your own skills Cheesy
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 05:34:56 PM by Tcll » Logged

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2012, 05:38:48 PM »

well why the F not XD [/meme]

wouldn't you want to test your own skills Cheesy
    I do, but I often lose myself in doing something by hand that already gets done quickly by a computer. That's why I'd rather hex the module files, something that hasn't been done yet, rather than do something that already has been done. As a matter of fact, I would LOVE to hex the module files. First thing to do after I learn how to read file structures.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #82 on: January 26, 2012, 06:10:33 PM »

All right. Just let me know if you need anything else, I'll be researching shaders in the meantime.

Don't focus on researching shaders, I already know exactly how they work. I'll be making the enums for shaders and shader stages much easier to understand, and then I'll be finishing the shader explanation on my thread. It's actually quite easy to understand, once all the data is parsed and in one location (which it is), along with the SDK's explanation. Plus, I think I've figured out a way to render them thanks to the Dolphin Emu svn.

I would really recommend looking into SHP0. It's really not a big file to parse, but somebody just needs to go do it like I did with SRT0.

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #83 on: January 26, 2012, 07:14:17 PM »

Don't focus on researching shaders, I already know exactly how they work. I'll be making the enums for shaders and shader stages much easier to understand, and then I'll be finishing the shader explanation on my thread. It's actually quite easy to understand, once all the data is parsed and in one location (which it is), along with the SDK's explanation. Plus, I think I've figured out a way to render them thanks to the Dolphin Emu svn.

I would really recommend looking into SHP0. It's really not a big file to parse, but somebody just needs to go do it like I did with SRT0.
    I hope you know we're talking about actual shaders...
    (the ones that render the hair in the pic I posted earlier)
    so I don't think you know how shaders work Tongue

sry bout getting off on a rant like that...
    but dude... those aren't shaders... plain and simple

and that's comeing from the only one in the community who's actually into game development Im srs here
    (that's the reason I'm a little uppy atm)

why don't you look into rendering fur and what not BJ Smiley
    (what I've described below)

EDIT:
    and Xiggah...
    it would really be of some help looking into the game scripts (REL files)
    I've been picking them up every once in a while,
    but never really got anywhere due to other stuff and projects and stuff Tongue
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:23:38 PM by Tcll » Logged

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #84 on: January 26, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »

I hope you know we're talking about actual shaders...
    (the ones that render the hair in the pic I posted earlier)
    so I don't think you know how shaders work Tongue

sry bout getting off on a rant like that...
    but dude... those aren't shaders... plain and simple

and that's comeing from the only one in the community who's actually into game development Im srs here
    (that's the reason I'm a little uppy atm)

why don't you look into rendering fur and what not BJ Smiley
    (what I've described below)

Brawl can't render fur with only a shader. All it does is manipulate the final color fragment for each vertex based on your input.

Nintendo's shaders != Blender's "material nodes".

You'd have to create a an object with multiple layers to it and apply a texture of fur to it, which would basically simulate fur (like Fox, for example), then use Alpha Function to allow transparency. (Alpha Function is used for full transparent pixels, while Blend is used for opaque pixels. They can't be used at the same time) Really, I know exactly how shaders work. Sure you can deny what I'm saying right now, but you can't deny me once I render them in Brawlbox's previewer exactly how they display in-game. Im srs here

The first "TEV Block" in the material sets the Color Inputs for the shader. The second "TEV Block" in the material sets the Konstant Colors for the shader. The first "TEV Block" in the shader itself is actually the Konstant Selection Swap Table.
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:24:11 PM by BlackJax96 » Logged

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #85 on: January 26, 2012, 07:39:37 PM »

BJ...
    I'm not denying what you say... ok...

why I call them nodes:
    Pika's EyeYellow node basically just adjusts the brightness of a texture, and then applys the result based on an alpha to the original
    (I'm not exactly sure what the color values do in it though) <_<
    the main node simply defines the model's color (I think)
    ^havn't looked into any other one but EyeYellow

anyways...
    what I'm trying to say is anything in those structures is entirely compatible with Blenders Material nodes
    (they can be replicated entirely)

the texture layers are defined in the material's shader (both in brawl and blender)
    although the XF data continues to confuse me >_>

and I'm talking about actual fur...
    not that fake crap of using layered models with the same texture XDD

the wii is capable (I do believe) of those kind of graphics
    it just needs to be figured out <_<

and I know I'm sounding low to you right now...
    I'm just tired of running into dead ends everywhere I go... -.-
    (I'm not as in-depth into it as you are)
    ^but I know what the data does (in basic terms)
    « Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:41:55 PM by Tcll » Logged

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #86 on: January 26, 2012, 07:43:24 PM »

the wii is capable (I do believe) of those kind of graphics
    it just needs to be figured out <_<

and I know I'm sounding low to you right now...
    I'm just tired of running into dead ends everywhere I go... -.-

It's possible to do, just not with only a shader.
    And maybe you wouldn't run into dead ends if you listened to people when they tell you legitimate information... >.>

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2012, 07:49:18 PM »

I've been messing around with the shaders in 3DS Max, not the actual files, and although some of it makes it over to Brawlbox, it's easy to say not all of it stays. Even if the Wii is capable of those graphics, Brawl wasn't programmed to have those renders.

I say we focus more on .rel files than shaders! BlackJax has had a lot of progress with the shaders since 0.65 beta, what we really need is more work on the modules and SHP0 like BJ said. Actually BJ, what isn't defined in the SHP0? I thought it had been finished.

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #88 on: January 26, 2012, 07:52:46 PM »

It's possible to do, just not with only a shader.
    And maybe you wouldn't run into dead ends if you listened to people when they tell you legitimate information... >.>
    yeh...
    you do need color values and advanced rendering tecniques in order to pull off what's in the image posted...

believe me when I say, I've actually tried giving Pika fur...
    it's anything but simple in terms of simply setting it up D:

you need a vertex group to start off with which will determine the length based on the weighted area...

that's about as far as I've gotten with it before my HDD went RAW...
    (I havn't tried it since) <_<

and I'll take that advice, thank you very much XDD

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #89 on: January 26, 2012, 07:55:47 PM »

I've been messing around with the shaders in 3DS Max, not the actual files, and although some of it makes it over to Brawlbox, it's easy to say not all of it stays. Even if the Wii is capable of those graphics, Brawl wasn't programmed to have those renders.

I say we focus more on .rel files than shaders! BlackJax has had a lot of progress with the shaders since 0.65 beta, what we really need is more work on the modules and SHP0 like BJ said. Actually BJ, what isn't defined in the SHP0? I thought it had been finished.
    I really need to know for UMC
    (everything must be figured out with no unknowns) D:

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
    Print
    Jump to: