Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI</a>
Delicious like a chimichanga - 7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ - 9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! - 3 (6.4%)
- 13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ - 7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta? - 8 (17%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages:  1 ... 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 ... 515
Author Topic: SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!  (Read 1800788 times)
Albafika
Anti-Christ
Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4980 on: September 20, 2011, 09:17:39 AM »

The reason why I'm creating this PSA is to experiment with something new and interesting in terms of gameplay mechanics.  Something fresh that feels fun and satisfying to use, yet at the same time offers a respectable level of balance in both casual and more competitive play.  
    I'll be honest, I dislike how it looks like many (At least 40/100 of the ones actually working on something at this moment, it being PSA or Vertex)  are working on something from the Dragon Ball franchise at this moment, but putting that aside, Kid Boo's really looking great. Although, I'm dying for you to start the Black Knight PSA, 'cause that'd totally be some new playstyle, as well.

Can't
    wait to see more previews from you. Cheesy

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4981 on: September 20, 2011, 09:49:38 AM »

I'll be honest, I dislike how it looks like many (At least 40/100 of the ones actually working on something at this moment, it being PSA or Vertex)  are working on something from the Dragon Ball franchise at this moment, but putting that aside, Kid Boo's really looking great. Although, I'm dying for you to start the Black Knight PSA, 'cause that'd totally be some new playstyle, as well.

Can't
    wait to see more previews from you. Cheesy
    To be honest, I've never even played a FE game, and even I look forward to the Black Knight, since he'll be such a different character then most PSAs... Most are fast, it should be interesting to see how you make a slow character good enough to tackle the high tiers.

Anyway... While likely not gonna use him, Kid Buu's looking pretty good so far.

But I also agree with Wolfric here... It's a little disappointing how many people are working on a Dragon Ball related hack... At least yours will stand out though, and be one of the VERY few I would even consider using. Tongue
    « Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 09:51:12 AM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #4982 on: September 20, 2011, 10:49:55 AM »

To be honest, I've never even played a FE game, and even I look forward to the Black Knight, since he'll be such a different character then most PSAs... Most are fast, it should be interesting to see how you make a slow character good enough to tackle the high tiers.

Thinking about it, I probably would do Black Knight after Kid Buu.  I was doing Zero and I couldn't get into him which kinda annoys me since he's such a cool character Undecided

Black Knight will work like proper "slow but strong" characters.  Massive weight, massive power, armour on his strongest but slowest attacks.  Weaker armour on some other moves and a couple of fast moves.  That's the way in which to make a slow character good.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4983 on: September 20, 2011, 10:58:29 AM »

Thinking about it, I probably would do Black Knight after Kid Buu.  I was doing Zero and I couldn't get into him which kinda annoys me since he's such a cool character Undecided

Black Knight will work like proper "slow but strong" characters.  Massive weight, massive power, armour on his strongest but slowest attacks.  Weaker armour on some other moves and a couple of fast moves.  That's the way in which to make a slow character good.
    Yeah, I am expecting Zero as well, but I know you've had problems relating to his PSA, but that could be something time will change with new ideas, I suppose.

Either way, can't wait for both of these movesets (Thse being Kid Buu and Black Knight in the future)

Rayn
    Extreme Kitten

I gotta learn to fall asleep at reasonable hours..

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4984 on: September 20, 2011, 11:03:09 AM »

I can't say I've ever really liked the DBZ franchise. But Kid Buu will still have a permanent spot on my hack library, if only for the reason that I know it will be done well and fun to play as. Same goes for Black Knight. Looking forward to both!

Vee and Random's Bucketson | Happily married to Velen
    Personas:
    Luxord (Kingdom Hearts)
    Renard/NegaRen (Lapfox Trax)
    Louis (Left 4 Dead)
    Vinyl Scratch (My Little Pony)
    The Kid (Bastion)
    Tumblr!

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #4985 on: September 20, 2011, 11:39:23 AM »

Hm... Sounds all very good, I REALLY look forward to him.

(And, after him, if you need help with Zero, MarioKing would be glad to help you when he gets time.)

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #4986 on: September 20, 2011, 02:34:06 PM »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention what Kid Buu's taunts will be:

U Taunt - He beats his chest in his standard fashion.  Though it's really more slapping the chest because of Lucario's lame bone structure (I can't clench Kid Buu's hand to a fist).

S Taunt - Kid Buu stretches out his arms, holds them together like a jump rope, swings his arms under him and jumps over them like a little schoolgirl.

D Taunt - Kid Buu momentarily falls asleep

Secret Taunt - ...

This move loops indefinitely when you use it.  However, it can also be interrupted by anything you want after the move has been out for one second (60 frames).  Find out how to use it, and you will experience epic fun times!

Cascade Hellsing
    Your Lord and Master
    Lol Kitten

Yawn

• Awards Sniper Pin Collector Hey! Listen! 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4987 on: September 20, 2011, 02:39:47 PM »

S Taunt - Kid Buu stretches out his arms, holds them together like a jump rope, swings his arms under him and jumps over them like a little schoolgirl.

. . .

*starts to imagine Kid Buu in a Schoolgirl outfit*

. . .

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4988 on: September 20, 2011, 02:41:22 PM »

awesome taunt ideas for DBZ Monkey D. Luffy Kid buu

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

sp147
    Extreme Kitten

'Sup, dood!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4989 on: September 20, 2011, 03:29:26 PM »

Belly dancing Kid Buu?!? O_o He's trying to be sexy for the female majins lol
    This will haunt me in my sleep <.<

But seriously, all the animations look pretty good so far, other than the hips looking weird in some as someone mentioned earlier. I noticed you used Sonic's Down smash animation, pretty cool considering some of Buu's attacks does consist of rolling.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #4990 on: September 20, 2011, 03:38:11 PM »

But seriously, all the animations look pretty good so far, other than the hips looking weird in some as someone mentioned earlier. I noticed you used Sonic's Down smash animation, pretty cool considering some of Buu's attacks does consist of rolling.

Nah that animation is fully custom.  It just has pretty much identical timings to Sonic's D Smash.  The main way you can tell is actually the way he curls into his ball.  Sonic and Kid Buu curl into balls differently.  Sonic tucks his arms in, his feet scale down and his head goes inwards.  With Kid Buu, he pulls his legs over his shoulders, grasps his legs with his arms and has his head pointing forward.  See here:

<a href="http://youtu.be/PXJSrf910ig?t=4m36s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/PXJSrf910ig?t=4m36s</a>

Also, porting Sonic's animations is a pain.  Having to rotate that right shoulder in EVERY keyframe is just monotonous. 

sp147
    Extreme Kitten

'Sup, dood!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4991 on: September 20, 2011, 03:46:59 PM »

Nah that animation is fully custom.  It just has pretty much identical timings to Sonic's D Smash.  The main way you can tell is actually the way he curls into his ball.  Sonic and Kid Buu curl into balls differently.  Sonic tucks his arms in, his feet scale down and his head goes inwards.  With Kid Buu, he pulls his legs over his shoulders, grasps his legs with his arms and has his head pointing forward.  See here:

http://youtu.be/PXJSrf910ig?t=4m36s

Also, porting Sonic's animations is a pain.  Having to rotate that right shoulder in EVERY keyframe is just monotonous. 
    Ah, I see...I watched it again and saw the difference, just seeing him rolling made me assume it was from Sonic...well, its pretty sweet regardless Cheesy

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4992 on: September 20, 2011, 04:47:43 PM »

Oh, I am required to ask...

will there be a minus version please?   Awesome Face

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4993 on: September 20, 2011, 10:44:54 PM »

Beyondyou making V2 Buu vertex now Cheesy
    perfect timeing for the moveset

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

AnImAiNe
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards