Question: New....
Day
Dawn
Swag
Forum
Boobies
New

Pages:  1 ... 475 476 477 [478] 479 480 481 ... 540
Author Topic: Beyond? Oh, he moved out.  (Read 1995832 times)
Dio
Extreme Kitten

I will go beyond the borders of humanity!

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7155 on: September 18, 2011, 08:16:05 PM »

Unless they know that Beyond wont follow his poll. Hopefully thats the case....I would rather it be someone trolling than someone REALLY having no idea who Jack...or Jak or even Yun is for that matter, thats just sad.

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7156 on: September 18, 2011, 08:16:19 PM »

Make that 23.
    The last 2 options, by the look of the results, puts me to shame.
    I can't believe that some people don't know some of these characters. People with a Wii MUST know about MadWorld...

Well, I figured that most of the votes for the last option were joke votes (at least I hope they were...)

In any case, people need to expand their freaking horizons.  There's more to life than DBZ, Final Fantasy/Kindom Hearts and Sonic the Hedgehog.  I wish Beyond would make a poll with only really obscure options from either old games/shows/comics or from devs that aren't Nintendo/Sega/Capcom/Square Enix.

Dio
    Extreme Kitten

I will go beyond the borders of humanity!

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7157 on: September 18, 2011, 08:18:31 PM »

Well, I figured that most of the votes for the last option were joke votes (at least I hope they were...)

In any case, people need to expand their freaking horizons.  There's more to life than DBZ, Final Fantasy/Kindom Hearts and Sonic the Hedgehog.  I wish Beyond would make a poll with only really obscure options from either old games/shows/comics or from devs that aren't Nintendo/Sega/Capcom/Square Enix.
    Like Punky Skunk! Cheesy

GBC
    Holy Kitten

animations and stuffffff

• Awards Star Hacker King for a Day Smash 3 Team >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7158 on: September 18, 2011, 10:11:09 PM »

Hey guys i just wanted to say sorry for earlier..it was wrong of me to get mad like that and ruin the topic for you guys yes beyond would get more downloads if he made neku but he never said he actually was plus he kind of said he would wait until my v3 came out so once again sorry and continue on with your topic plus its my bday tmrw and i shouldnt be mad at anyone the day b4 my bday
    « Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:22:11 PM by xxgbcxx » Logged

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7159 on: September 18, 2011, 10:22:37 PM »

Hmm, at this rate, Yun will win, splendid.

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7160 on: September 18, 2011, 11:47:15 PM »

Hmm, at this rate, Yun will win, splendid.

Are you blind or something? Take another look at the poll.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #7161 on: September 19, 2011, 12:05:44 AM »

Sorry to bring up the incident that happened over the past few pages, but the scenario links back amazingly to what Victory said on the srs discussion board in the Hackers and Effort thread:

As far as I can tell, there are a couple of reasons why many people don't wish to put in the effort on the hacks they make.

1) Making good hacks is hard!
    Making a high quality hack requires a number of key ingredients: the right programs, the raw talent and the ability to learn from available tutorials.  Now, the first part is hard enough to do.  I'm sure plenty of people would prefer not to buy/steal 3DS Max and Photoshop just to make Brawl hacks, and while stuff like Blender and Gimp are nice, we all now they aren't as good.  The second part is, quite frankly, impossible to obtain if you don't have it already, and some people just aren't artistically inclined.  And while the third part is the easiest to ingredient to obtain, having access to tutorials means nothing if people aren't willing to put the effort into learning.  Learning how to hack well can take up a lot of time, especially for Vertex hacks and PSAs.  Texture hacking is pretty easy to do (especially if you aren't concerned about quality) and as proud as I am about my music hacks, I have to admit those were pretty easy to make.  Why would someone put all this time and effort into learning how to hack when there are easier things to make?

2) New hackers rarely get recognition!
    OK, so let's say that a hypothetical new hacker has ignored the difficulties of hacking.  He/She's gone out, gotten the programs, learned the tricks of the trade and made a passable hack.  It's not the best, but hey, it's a start.  What does this new hacker receive for there work?  Not a whole lot.  Unless this new hacker has made a 100% perfect hack, they'll mostly likely get ignored.  That's just how it is.  People have (I almost hate to say this) been spoiled by the quality of hacks.  Lower quality hacks don't cut it for us anymore!  We don't just want a vertex hack!  We want a 100% perfect BeyondYou/Aafyre/StarWaffle quality vertex hack!  We don't want any old stage hack!  We want a stage revolution from Mewtwo2000!  And so, we the "consumer" ignore this new hack and wait for the next hack from *insert favorite high quality hacker here*.  And because of this, the new hacker neither gets downloads nor encouragement.  This is one reason why many hackers chose to not get better.  "Why even try?  Even if I do, I'll never be as loved as those guys."

3) Why bother?  We already have great hackers!  They can just get them to do it!
    The final (and most annoying) reason that many hackers don't put effort into their work.  Some hackers are cynical.  They figure that they are so untalented, so ill-prepared and so inexperienced that they will never in a million years be as good as some of the aforementioned hackers out there.  So why should they even bother?  If there's a hack they want, they could just request it in the request boards and hope it gets done.  Or, they could stealthily badger the hacker of there choice to make/finish a hack they really want made *coughVegetacough*.

Looking back at this overly long post, I suppose that these reasons are better described as why new users aren't becoming new hackers despite having desires to do so, but the more I think about it, the more I see that this could also apply to hackers who simply chose not to improve.

As regards to the poll, I don't really mind who wins.  As I've said many times before, Beyond's hacks are at such a high standard I would download it whoever it is.  Though the people that voted the last two options suck.  You guys could waste your vote on that, but couldn't spare a vote for poor little Toku (for example), who still has no votes?

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7162 on: September 19, 2011, 12:18:11 AM »

As regards to the poll, I don't really mind who wins.  As I've said many times before, Beyond's hacks are at such a high standard I would download it whoever it is.  Though the people that voted the last two options suck.  You guys could waste your vote on that, but couldn't spare a vote for poor little Toku (for example), who still has no votes?

And just as how you quoted me for my truth, so too will I quote you for yours.  Beyond's hacks really are so good that no matter who it is, people will download it.  Fretting over this poll is pretty much meaningless as whatever gets made is gonna be ten different kinds of awesome.

However, I'm perfectly fine with people fretting over people choosing the last two options in the poll.  If all of you 26 guys (and potential gals) that chose those last two options did so as a joke, well I can't really fault you on that, but if you legitimately believed in the options that you chose then I implore you to expand your horizons.  I know that I've said this a bunch, but for God's sake it's true!  If people keep requesting/making the same stuff, we'll have another "Shadow Vault" on our hands, and no one wants that to happen again.

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7163 on: September 19, 2011, 12:18:15 AM »

One problem son.

"Who the hell is Toku and what the hell is LostWinds?"

The majority are most likely thinking that since they've never heard of him...If it is a him. I dunno who it is either. Thus, no desire to have the character and no votes.

I don't care about anyone else in the poll, although if I had noticed that Neku was there while I was a bit delirious, I'd have voted for him instead of picking the last option just to have fun with the poll. > >' I've never played TWEWY even though I want to, but Neku is awesome. Even more so due to his first line in KH3D. xD

Sora: Riku~! Riiiikuuu~!
    Neku: SHUT UP.

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7164 on: September 19, 2011, 12:24:29 AM »

OK, after seeing Zack's comment, I finally decided to do what I should have done to begin with and Googled Toku to find who the hell he is.

Not gonna lie.  Kinda glad he's got no votes.  Yeah, I'm sure Lostwinds is a fantastic game, but to be honest, Toku looks like a bit of a dork.  I stand by my decision to vote for Broken McGeneiJinpants.

hypermetalsonic
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7165 on: September 19, 2011, 12:37:06 AM »

Neku Sakuraba is winning??!!
    The poll was clearly too confusing. I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #7166 on: September 19, 2011, 12:38:24 AM »

Toku has a unibrow. That is not all.

This is inspiration:

Now I leave.

*Leaves*

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #7167 on: September 19, 2011, 12:40:56 AM »

LostWinds 2 is one of the best Wiiware games available.  The first one was decent, but the sequel just blows it out the water.  It's up there with World of Goo imo.  

But even then you can't possibly tell me that out of the 87 who voted, and in particular the 26 who voted the last two options, that nobody knows and likes the little guy?  That's unheard of as regards to polls like this.  Usually everyone would have at least one vote by now.

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #7168 on: September 19, 2011, 01:35:23 AM »

Hey, I'm making Neku as well  AWESOME 2.0!

DJ Lowgey
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7169 on: September 19, 2011, 01:43:55 AM »

I think you should finish GenoV2  Wink
    Thats would be great

Pages:  1 ... 475 476 477 [478] 479 480 481 ... 540
    Print
    Jump to: