Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 329 330 331 [332] 333 334 335 ... 445
Author Topic: Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions  (Read 1847433 times)
PAVGN
Holy Kitten

The bitter old man everybody hates.

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4965 on: October 02, 2012, 05:03:24 PM »

Well... yeah. Wasn't there more texture hacking sites but they were closed down?

Let me tell you the truth about this, a long time ago there were a lot of different Brawl hacking team, most of them were small with only a few big ones that always got a lot of attention. After a while Kitty Corp started taking people from other teams causing the small teams to die out, and the big ones to have posts less frequently. Kitty Corp also successfully convinced the community that every other team was dead, and that Kitty Corp was the only site worth visiting. That's what really happened.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4966 on: October 02, 2012, 05:11:56 PM »

Let me tell you the truth about this, a long time ago there were a lot of different Brawl hacking team, most of them were small with only a few big ones that always got a lot of attention. After a while Kitty Corp started taking people from other teams causing the small teams to die out, and the big ones to have posts less frequently. Kitty Corp also successfully convinced the community that every other team was dead, and that Kitty Corp was the only site worth visiting. That's what really happened.
    Sounds like GangLand
    O.o

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #4967 on: October 02, 2012, 05:13:15 PM »

Prove it.

People asked to join us, not the other way around.

If we said teams were dead, it's because they were, or they were on life support with maybe one or two posting, and not frequently.

If people decided we were the only site worth visiting, that's because they took a look at what we offered and decided it for themselves. We don't advertise. We just run a forum and maintain BrawlVault, and we do that pretty well, especially since we're all volunteers. We don't need to tell people we're great; the site speaks for itself.

And in the end, whether your version or mine is true, is it really as bad as you make it out to be? Do you really think such a fragmented community was ideal? That visiting ten or more different sites just to browse a small selection of mods on the blogs of each, in addition to checking each one's forum, was how the average user wanted to experience what the community had to offer?

The people who rail against us for "absorbing" or "crushing" or whatever term you want to use for what happened to the other teams seem to be a lot more interested in personal pride and vendettas than in seeing this community flourish.
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 05:34:45 PM by Vyse » Logged

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4968 on: October 02, 2012, 05:34:02 PM »

feature plan.
    I look forward to seeing it then

PAVGN
    Holy Kitten

The bitter old man everybody hates.

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #4969 on: October 02, 2012, 06:33:29 PM »

Prove it.

People asked to join us, not the other way around.

Lie. Out of all the people you took from other teams, Mastaklo is the only one who asked to join. Everyone else was given a take It or leave It deal in the form of "in order to join us, you have to leave the team your currently on".

If we said teams were dead, it's because they were, or they were on life support with maybe one or two posting, and not frequently.

In your opinion! Just because a site doesn't post as frequently as they used to doesn't mean that they're dead. I visit sites that might only post once a year that aren't dead. Elite Smash Hackers didn't really die until long after you guys said they did, and Stack Smash is still going.

If people decided we were the only site worth visiting, that's because they took a look at what we offered and decided it for themselves.

Yes, I'm sure things like that "LOL Stack Smash is ded, epic [censored]" topic didn't contribute to It at all.

We just run a forum and maintain BrawlVault

Maybe you just run the forum and maintain the vault, but someone else was definitely involved in getting people to leave their teams and join Kitty Corp.

We don't need to tell people we're great; the site speaks for itself.

You're right, the low quality hacks and immature fanbase do speak for themselves.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #4970 on: October 02, 2012, 06:48:53 PM »

So you read "Prove it" and thought that meant "Please, make more accusations without any proof." OK. Not my interpretation but whatever.

I don't know why we're getting into this again; you've had the same opinion for years and that's obviously never going to change. So I'm just gonna call this here and say let's move on, and I'll be grateful if you keep stuff with no factual basis out of our feedback area from now on.
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 06:51:41 PM by Vyse » Logged

JOEYSX5
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Texture Artist Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4971 on: October 02, 2012, 09:59:35 PM »

You're right, the low quality hacks and immature fanbase do speak for themselves.

That is true, this site does have some really [censored]ty textures, but, they will get a small amount of downloads, if any. If you wanna see the good textures you can just view the hacks with the most downloads, ya know. That said, however, anyone could just post the most ass textures created on the vault and get away with it.

Texture hacking is art, you know. It's just an insult to KC-MM to see some really bad quality textures everywhere, it makes the site look bad. I am not trying to offend anyone, but seriously, there needs to be a limit.
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:05:35 PM by ▂▃▄Big Boss▄▃▂ » Logged

POKE MASTER
    Mega Kitten

Download my stages then U have my permission 2 die

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Active Contributor Famous Hacker

« Reply #4972 on: October 02, 2012, 10:13:52 PM »

That is true, this site does have some really [censored]ty textures, but, they will get a small amount of downloads, if any. If you wanna see the good textures you can just view the hacks with the most downloads, ya know. That said, however, anyone could just post the most ass textures created on the vault and get away with it.

Texture hacking is art, you know. It's just an insult to KC-MM to see some really bad quality textures everywhere, it makes the site look bad. I am not trying to offend anyone, but seriously, there needs to be a limit.

SoOOOO000000......... do you agree or disagree with the rating suggestion?........

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4973 on: October 02, 2012, 10:18:08 PM »

SoOOOO000000......... do you agree or disagree with the rating suggestion?........
    Forget it. Not gonna happen.

POKE MASTER
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #4974 on: October 02, 2012, 10:19:42 PM »

aaaalrighty theen

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #4975 on: October 02, 2012, 10:19:46 PM »

Why do you guys keep bringing it up? Points have been pointed out on why ratings will never happen.

I, honestly, don't see what else we could add to the Vault.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4976 on: October 02, 2012, 10:20:20 PM »

Honestly
    this rating system thingy is starting to get annoying
    some of the most talented artist in this community started out with [censored]ty textures
    so do you wanna limmit future talented artists???

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:24:36 PM by mr.mugenwii » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4977 on: October 02, 2012, 10:22:26 PM »

^ Now move on.

POKE MASTER
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #4978 on: October 02, 2012, 10:23:41 PM »

Honostly, I do not really care, but if I had to choose, I would say I would go with the rating suggestion. And I think commenting would be legit too. Only registered users should be able to comment whenever they want. Obviously, the commenting system would work the same way as posting.

It's done man lol

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #4979 on: October 02, 2012, 10:26:37 PM »

^ Now move on.
    « Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:50:54 PM by Segtendo » Logged

: SW-2632-7270-6724