Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14
Author Topic: Project RIDLEY PSA *VERSION 1.1 IS OUT*  (Read 75518 times)
SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #75 on: November 12, 2010, 01:21:41 PM »

What kind of fireball do you want him to do?  Are you trying to create an actual projectile or a fake projectile?  If a fake projectile fireball, I can definately try help you out there Wink

I really want this PSA to get done asap!  It looks awesome!  There is no love for Charizard barring KJ's Enhanced Charizard and for you to make a fantastic character like Ridley using Starwaffle's vertex is great Cheesy
    « Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:22:54 PM by SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n » Logged

Quickman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #76 on: November 12, 2010, 02:33:26 PM »

UPDATE
    NEW TEXTURE NOW INCLUDED IN DOWNLOAD

The download now includes the Metroid Other M Ridley Texture. This is the one we will be using from now on.
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/316/b/7/ridley_pac_by_aetherech0s-d32i4vk.rar
    Once again, DO NOT USE SIDE SPECIAL. We are currently trying to give him a fireball and it isnt working. IT WILL CAUSE THE GAME TO FREEZE.
    We are trying to get someone to make a fireball but he hasnt responded yet : /
    I saw the Other M Ridley, it looks pretty cool despite it being pretty much a recolor.

cuckoos
    Hyper Kitten

let the pupies hit the floor

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd Featured

« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2010, 03:17:07 PM »

I think you should just go with the default Ridley texture instead of the Other M recolor. The Other M recolor is just a recolor. It would be better if it were vertex hacked to look like Other M Ridley, but otherwise the only thing somewhat similar would be the color scheme.

Also, I have a Ridley costume pack in my Vault. It was actually uploaded by StarWaffle himself, I just gave him the password to my account, haha

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2010, 07:00:29 PM »

UPDATE
    NEW TEXTURE NOW INCLUDED IN DOWNLOAD

The download now includes the Metroid Other M Ridley Texture. This is the one we will be using from now on.
    http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/316/b/7/ridley_pac_by_aetherech0s-d32i4vk.rar
    Once again, DO NOT USE SIDE SPECIAL. We are currently trying to give him a fireball and it isnt working. IT WILL CAUSE THE GAME TO FREEZE.
    We are trying to get someone to make a fireball but he hasnt responded yet : /
    I saw the Other M Ridley, it looks pretty cool despite it being pretty much a recolor.

I think you should just go with the default Ridley texture instead of the Other M recolor. The Other M recolor is just a recolor. It would be better if it were vertex hacked to look like Other M Ridley, but otherwise the only thing somewhat similar would be the color scheme.

Also, I have a Ridley costume pack in my Vault. It was actually uploaded by StarWaffle himself, I just gave him the password to my account, haha

The only real difference is that the model now has "hip spikes" like the M:OM Ridley. I vertex with Anim8ter and Ridley's vertices are messed up in it, so I can't vertex his head. This is probably all the vertex work that I'l be doing until I can find some way to work on his head shape.

@ Wiikness, I made this texture because I thought I would be able to do some serious vertexing to Ridley's model, but in Anim8ter, his head is resting ground level between his feet. Any changes I make to it do horrible things to his feet, so we're stuck in that department XD.

What kind of fireball do you want him to do?  Are you trying to create an actual projectile or a fake projectile?  If a fake projectile fireball, I can definately try help you out there Wink

I really want this PSA to get done asap!  It looks awesome!  There is no love for Charizard barring KJ's Enhanced Charizard and for you to make a fantastic character like Ridley using Starwaffle's vertex is great Cheesy

We asked Cuddly-Metaknight to make the fireball for us, but he/she hasn't responded so I don't know if he/she has even saw the message. So I'd appreciate it if you'd just do it as well.

I'd prefer if it were a ThrowN projectile if you know how to make those work. They seem to work the most flawlessly. However, if you are already familiar with false projectiles (offset-made projectiles) go ahead do it that way.

For his SideB on the ground:
    Just tack a random fire graphic effect on it and I'll change it if needed. If possible, offset up and down ever so slightly as it moves forward, as though it's bobbing. That way it would look more similar to his fireballs from Super Metroid.  Weak damage, forward trajectory, knockback similar to Falco's blaster.  Make it go about as far as Link's Boomerang.

For his Aerial SideB:
    Do the same as above, just make it go slant downwards in an angle close to Ness's PK fire. I'm going to add a shockwave hitbox to this one if it misses an opponenet and collides with the ground.

milliondollar mistake
    Extreme Kitten

Boom.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #79 on: November 12, 2010, 07:08:29 PM »

I have a FS idea, for those of you that played Metroid other m, remember that attack he would do when he would fly to the top of the stage and shoot down a fireball, and when it hits the ground it explodes, sending a firery shock wave across the arena? I'll try and find a vid

so, is that move gonna be done at all, not as a FS of course, but a smaller version?

My 3DS friend info, just PM me and I'll add you.
    Name:James
    FC:0216-0855-5243

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2010, 07:14:50 PM »

I have a FS idea, for those of you that played Metroid other m, remember that attack he would do when he would fly to the top of the stage and shoot down a fireball, and when it hits the ground it explodes, sending a firery shock wave across the arena? I'll try and find a vid

so, is that move gonna be done at all, not as a FS of course, but a smaller version?

Since his aerial fire-ball goes downward, I'm going to set it so that if the fireball doesn't collide with another player, it makes a flaming shockwave with a hitbox once it hits the ground.

As for the FS, it's most likely going to be some variation of him flying over and fire-bombing the stage. If we can find someone awesome enough at FS work to do this that is XD.
    « Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 07:16:59 PM by Weyard » Logged

milliondollar mistake
    Extreme Kitten

Boom.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #81 on: November 12, 2010, 07:26:05 PM »

cool. =)

I've heard that people have attempted to give a pokemon it's own FS but it failed miserably. But I really hope that you pull it off since your great at PSA's!

My 3DS friend info, just PM me and I'll add you.
    Name:James
    FC:0216-0855-5243

Cuddly-Metaknight
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #82 on: November 12, 2010, 08:11:08 PM »

I feel so forgotten Sad

http://www.mediafire.com/?1r60e0zlrm9k4a1

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #83 on: November 12, 2010, 08:37:57 PM »

oh so you made it? We werent sure since you never responded again saying you were for sure going to do it. Thanks. Going to test it out now Cheesy

*EDIT*
    Thats perfect for the ground one. Thanks. I still need the air one to go down at a slant more but ill get SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n to make that one. I need to make a new animation for it though since that one looks kind of awkward.
    Ill add you to the credits section on the first post when i update it.

So

@ SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n
    Just make his air one if you dont mind. In whatever method you prefer (false projectile or throwN). Just have him shoot it downward at a slant. Ill do the shockwave and stuff afterwards.

-----------
    Im going to weaken his Forward Smash a little since its broke right now. Maybe work on the hitbox for his Down Aerial. Ill update the first post shortly.
    « Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:02:48 PM by Aether » Logged

Cuddly-Metaknight
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #84 on: November 12, 2010, 09:06:37 PM »

oh so you made it? We werent sure since you never responded again saying you were for sure going to do it. Thanks. Going to test it out now Cheesy

*EDIT*
    Thats perfect for the ground one. Thanks. I still need the air one to go down at a slant more but ill get SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n to make that one. I need to make a new animation for it though since that one looks kind of awkward.
    Ill add you to the credits section on the first post when i update it.

Your welcome. If you need anything else just ask Smiley

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #85 on: November 12, 2010, 10:05:37 PM »

UPDATE
    EVERYONE CHECK THE FIRST POST FOR CHANGES

Im going to call this Ridley V1 since its the first time its been "finished" and fully playable since i started. There are no glitches and all attacks/hitboxes work.

So everyone, redownload it again. This version is fully playable finally. Enjoy. Although there will be more updates to come.

Still waiting on a more slanted Aerial Side Special from SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n and someone to make him a pound for his Up Special (Ground). But those will be for v2 i guess.
    « Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:24:48 PM by Aether » Logged

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2010, 10:48:31 PM »

I'm probably going to be changing the Graphic effect on the fireball. Maybe make the Aerial and Grounded version look differently.
    « Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:52:18 PM by Weyard » Logged

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2010, 02:25:03 AM »

@ SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n
    Just make his air one if you dont mind. In whatever method you prefer (false projectile or throwN). Just have him shoot it downward at a slant. Ill do the shockwave and stuff afterwards.

-----------
    Im going to weaken his Forward Smash a little since its broke right now. Maybe work on the hitbox for his Down Aerial. Ill update the first post shortly.

Sure thing.  Sorry for not replying sooner.  I'll get to work on it asap.

Oh yeah and about the Up B (Ground), would you like me to do anything with that too?

EDIT: Ok I've done the Aerial Side B.  I also did my own version of the grounded Side B and I changed the animations for both of them.   Here they are:

FitLizardon.pac: http://www.mediafire.com/?e6etbs81408z1ch

Fit LizardonMotionEtc.pac: http://www.mediafire.com/?25wz5js2j09ht69
    « Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 04:52:14 AM by SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n » Logged

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #88 on: November 13, 2010, 07:49:18 AM »

ok going to test them now. Thanks

*EDIT*
    Actually, i like your ground version better. Ill keep yours for the ground and use Cuddly-Metaknight's Air Version.  Ill update the download in a few minutes.

And yeah, if you want to make the pound, go ahead. Nobody else has responded about making it yet.

*EDIT*
    I just had some trouble saving his FitCharizardMotionEtc.pac....
    Apparently his file size is just on the brink of breaking. Im going in and making some cuts on some animations to free up some more room.

*EDIT*
    WOW. Thats all i can say lol.
    After combining both of your fireballs in one .pac so that it has one of each, something weird happened....Now, when you use Cuddly-Metaknight's air fireball, and then touch the ground, it automatically shoots SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n's fireball, hitting the opponent with both of them. It looks really awesome and intentional for some reason so im keeping it xD.
    « Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 09:51:37 AM by Aether » Logged

14fan
    Extreme Kitten

I may or may not continue hacking.

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #89 on: November 13, 2010, 09:37:49 AM »

In order to make an attack a jump with a smash on the ground, just set the animation to "ItemDragoonGet" and add adjusted hitboxes to his feet depending on how you want the attack.

Add a long timer and large hitboxes to have an explosion when he lands, or set a loop with hitboxes to have his feet always giving damage.

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14
    Print
    Jump to: