Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 ... 445
Author Topic: Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions  (Read 1850003 times)
Segtendo
Local Marie Fanboy
Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1920 on: October 31, 2011, 08:09:39 AM »

Oi.
    Fine.
    What should we do then?

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1921 on: October 31, 2011, 08:15:57 AM »

Great.  Now people can basically re-upload songs to the Vault?  Fantastic.  Now we can get the Vault clogged up with EVEN MORE crap that doesn't need to be there.

Seriously Seg, you shouldn't have approved that.  It had no significant changes from the one already on the Vault.  Not saying it's plagiarism or anything, but it's completely unneeded.  But, what's done is done.  Now that there's precedence for this sort of thing, people are gonna upload whatever songs they want regardless of the fact that said songs might already be on the Vault.
    Are you willing to search and find songs that are uploaded twice? Cause i can point you to one already.

My surprise butsecks song, one uploaded by me and one by KingJigglypuff.
    Mine is better quality then his since his changes volume multiple times during the song, while mine does not.
    « Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:26:38 AM by Puraidou » Logged

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1922 on: October 31, 2011, 08:20:45 AM »

Oi.
    Fine.
    What should we do then?

Well, I don't know about you, but I'm not gonna approve any song that is on the Vault already.  Might miss a few, but for the obvious stuff I'll simply not approve it and if the uploader asks why I'll say it's because that song is already on the Vault.  Of course, if the new song is significantly different from the old one (new loop point, better quality, parts cut out) or if the old song has a broken DL, I'll approve it.

You can do whatever you want.

Are you willing to search and find songs that are uploaded twice? Cause i can point you to one already.

No, I'm not gonna go through the Vault and remove all double uploaded songs, nor do I expect anyone else to.  That would be insane.  All I'm saying is that in the future double uploaded songs should be discouraged from being approved and let into the Vault proper.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #1923 on: October 31, 2011, 08:28:38 AM »

I guess, for future reference, I can check the Vault for a song that might've been uploaded...

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1924 on: October 31, 2011, 08:28:48 AM »

No, I'm not gonna go through the Vault and remove all double uploaded songs, nor do I expect anyone else to.  That would be insane.  All I'm saying is that in the future double uploaded songs should be discouraged from being approved and let into the Vault proper.
    That i agree on, perhaps someone who had the time could just browse the vault. But it would take several hours just to check the pages.. Not to mention that you'll need to use a search function for every song to see if there is more then one or not..

I guess, for future reference, I can check the Vault for a song that might've been uploaded...
    Just be careful to check both the files, the names could be the same but the songs could be entirely different.
    « Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 08:29:41 AM by Puraidou » Logged

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

« Reply #1925 on: October 31, 2011, 03:11:27 PM »

My surprise butsecks song, one uploaded by me and one by KingJigglypuff.
    Mine is better quality then his since his changes volume multiple times during the song, while mine does not.
    I like your point because...
    they are all NOT exactly the same in quality, or volume, one may be too soft and sfx will be way too louder than the music, another could be bloody loud and distorted, and another could be very loud, but very clean...
    if a downloader wants a loud one, they can pick that, if they just want one, they would pick any..

since i primarily do music hacks, I just make them as loud and as i can while keeping the quality clean so it's not annoyingly quiet, so if one person has music hacks that were ALL done by me, they don't have to worry about changing the volume settings for different stages the music hacks i make is loud and clear, which is what i would expect in the vault if i were browsing music

Allav866
    Supreme Kitten

Would U like to play with Mii?

• Awards Favorite'd Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1926 on: November 02, 2011, 10:58:50 PM »

I have a suggestion, thought I'd post it here, about a rating system
    HEAR ME OUT!
    I know there are newbs who would just try to flame a bad hack, or even a good one, by giving it a crappy rating, so here's where I introduce my suggestion. Only let members with an Expert Kitten Status (4-stars, about 250 posts, I think, since I'm not an Expert Kitten) or higher give their ratings. This way, members have spent enough time to develop good forum behavior, or reputation, be it good or bad. Kittens can only post 1 rating per hack, up to 5 per day (or 10, or whatever you feel would be a reasonable number)

I got this idea from Spriters' Resource, which refuses to let people with less than 20 posts post in the requests forum. People need to be able to identify a bad hack, so I really feel like it is necessary to add a rating system.

My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
    Bear Claws
    These claws are like a bear's, with
    melee attacks among the most
    devastating of any weapon. Their
    ranged shots are strong but have a
    short reach. If you can get up close,
    your foes won't know what hit them.

Friend Code: 3737 - 9702 - 3408
    NNID: Allav866

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1927 on: November 02, 2011, 11:02:31 PM »

It is an interesting idea, but that'd take a while in incorporate, even if it was ok'ed. Right now the main focus is repairing BrawlVault so it stops 500/503'ing us.

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1928 on: November 02, 2011, 11:07:45 PM »

Most people can identify bad hacks from the previews.  Plus, even if the ratings were limited to the most active (and presumably experienced) users, there's still a potential for corruption that most people (myself included) really aren't comfortable with.  I can imagine that many people would rate down a hack of an overdone character like Shadow regardless of how good the hack is simply because the character is overdone.

Just my two cents, but a ratings system sounds like a potentially terrible idea.

Allav866
    Supreme Kitten

Would U like to play with Mii?

• Awards Favorite'd Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1929 on: November 03, 2011, 12:07:37 AM »

It is an interesting idea, but that'd take a while in incorporate, even if it was ok'ed. Right now the main focus is repairing BrawlVault so it stops 500/503'ing us.
    just an idea, but after reading Victory Badguy's POV, I think we may indeed be better off without it. Oh well.

My Kid Icarus Uprising Weapon of Choice Card
    Bear Claws
    These claws are like a bear's, with
    melee attacks among the most
    devastating of any weapon. Their
    ranged shots are strong but have a
    short reach. If you can get up close,
    your foes won't know what hit them.

NNID: Allav866

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #1930 on: November 03, 2011, 11:14:22 AM »

Hello everyone, this is Miacis Ballard on Let's Read: Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions !

Today, we are let's-reading the very first post of the thread.

Things that will likely never happen.
    • Comments
      • About as many votes for as against
      • Easily (and often) abused or misused
    • Ratings
      • Arbitrary
      • Easily (and often) abused or misused
      • Resource intensive

And as you all know... I am the sole programmer for Brawl Vault; unless someone else comes in with Javascript, PHP, and SQL under their belt... all feature requests must go through me. If you want a feature added and I'm not enthusiastic about it, you better make it worth my while.

I dunno, but I think it's, like, the 20th time someone suggested that ?

For starters, number of posts never equaled wit and wisdom. Even if you make arbitrary regulations to count out posts in some forums. You can easily find intolerant, insufferable [censored]s in the highest post counts and even the highest DL counts.
    I would gladly bet my two legs that a good 30% of our most "active, famous and respected members" wouldn't mind downing a hack just because it's a Shadow-related hack, or a "simple texture".

And even with the best possible kinds of regulations and settings to reduce the arbitrary in all this, ressource-intensive = Huge NO. It's already a pain in the ass for picano to save the tremendous ressources needed to run the Vault as is. We're not going to implement a system that could ruin all these efforts, for little to no profit.

Unless you guys enjoy getting Errors at every page load. At least it would give me a good excuse to quit this community.
    « Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 11:27:41 AM by Miacis Ballard » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

KTH
    French fries
    Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1931 on: November 03, 2011, 07:17:21 PM »

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=23522&Moderated=All&facebook=true#ByUserID=12591&Moderated=All
    I think we ened to do something to that guy.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #1932 on: November 04, 2011, 08:10:12 AM »

Miacis, thank you.
    I think the "ratings" part should be put into big letters so people can get it through their thick skulls.
    People, IT WILL NOT HAPPEN.
    Stop trying to make compensations so that it could possibly work.
    To put it sweet and simple, no. It'd be abused.

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1933 on: November 04, 2011, 08:27:43 AM »

I'm confused and could use some help here.

I uploaded a remix of Bloody Tears last night, and while it shows that I uploaded it on my BrawlVault sig, every time I actually check the Vault, I can't find it.  I even checked my personal Vault and it still shows my last upload as a remix of Wire Sponge's theme.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?  I don't wanna have to re-upload the song if it's actually on the Vault.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #1934 on: November 04, 2011, 08:31:01 AM »

I'm confused and could use some help here.

I uploaded a remix of Bloody Tears last night, and while it shows that I uploaded it on my BrawlVault sig, every time I actually check the Vault, I can't find it.  I even checked my personal Vault and it still shows my last upload as a remix of Wire Sponge's theme.

Can anyone tell me what's going on?  I don't wanna have to re-upload the song if it's actually on the Vault.
    It's been happening at random (stuff not showing up) for a couple of people.
    I'm not sure what the problem is.

Pages:  1 ... 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 ... 445
    Print
    Jump to: