Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 ... 445
Author Topic: Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions  (Read 1852022 times)
Albafika
Anti-Christ
Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3840 on: July 01, 2012, 01:41:50 PM »

Hold on here, who said WE removed it? Assuming we did it, is not wise to do.
    False assumptions cause a lot of trouble, so don't do that.

Unless you have proof that we removed it, don't say we did.
    He might be forgetting the submitter of the hack can remove reports himself. lol

Don't point fingers, JirachiMaster.

Anyways, as for .REL ports, we've got to debate that topic further. I don't like those submissions.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3841 on: July 01, 2012, 01:53:42 PM »

He might be forgetting the submitter of the hack can remove reports himself. Anyways, as for .REL ports, we've got to debate that topic further. I don't like those submissions.
    That's why I suggested a rule. But no one seems to be acknowledging my suggestion.

An idea regarding .rel ports and PSAs:
    For PSAs, and .rel ports, if it has any bad glitches and/or crashing issues and is reported for that reason, the uploader has a week to fix the crash/glitch. If the report is ignored, then the submission is removed. And if nothing has been done to fix the glitch/crash within the given week, then the submission is removed. But if it was falsely reported for that reason and a BV Staff member finds out, then the reporter's reporting privliges are removed temporary. And if the uploader re-uploads the PSA/.rel port and nothing has been done to it, then the uploader loses his/her uploading privliges are removed temporary. But if it's re-uploaded and changes have been made to fix the glitch/freeze, then the uploader is safe.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Anonymous
    Supreme Kitten

l...

• Awards Ninja Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3842 on: July 01, 2012, 02:16:10 PM »

I don't like those submissions.
    maybe if you just say you .rel'd a VBrawl character. because otherwise they're just taking someone else's stuff and packing it with a .rel to pass it off as a new hack.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3843 on: July 01, 2012, 02:18:25 PM »

The suggestion is good KJP aside the whole "removing report/submission rights" part.
    People can have bugs that other don't have, they could report it for those. You would want to remove their rights when they have a legit bug, that others don't have? Sure it could be their system, but it could just as well be the hack itself. You would punish them for reporting an issue with a hack, which is something we don't do. Undecided

Anyways, as for .REL ports, we've got to debate that topic further. I don't like those submissions.
    Ay, same here. They barely do anything aside maybe a tweak or two, add a .REL and upload it as their own work..

maybe if you just say you .rel'd a VBrawl character. because otherwise they're just taking someone else's stuff and packing it with a .rel to pass it off as a new hack.
    Using a .REL on vbrawl chars isn't a problem, since nobody here made it. The other hackers however put a lot of time into their work. So when someone .REL ports them and uploads them as their own, of course they could be offended/angry/whatever. Which is why i agree with you on it, it shouldn't be allowed or with strict rules bound to it.
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 02:21:12 PM by Puraidou-chan » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #3844 on: July 01, 2012, 02:32:45 PM »

Yea. There are true ports, then there are .rel ports. True ports, for example, are characters like the Shadow PSA over DK. That wasn't REL ported. That was ported without the need for modules. REL ports, as said, are lazy ports of hacks.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3845 on: July 01, 2012, 02:39:51 PM »

I'd like to participate more in the discussion of .REL character ports, but I must confess that I barely know a damn thing about how they work or how much work they take to make.  I've just never bothered with them.  Is it difficult to .REL port a PSA or can any joe-shmoe pull it off in an hour or two?

If they're stupidly easy to make, then I'd regard them in the same manner as .REL stage ports, meaning they have no place on the Vault.  If they take a ton of time and effort then I could see a case being made for them.

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

« Reply #3846 on: July 01, 2012, 02:45:01 PM »

It's also worth mentioning that a lot of these 'ports' don't even work because we have people just renaming some character's .pac files to another character's .pac files.

Like this hack:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26668

If you download it you can see there is no way it is going to work.
    First of all there is no Wario nor Bowser .rel, second Warioman and Gigabowser share .rels with their normal versions, and third it doesn't even have the IC constant codes. Seriously its submission like these.

It also worth mentioning that once we have a let's say Marth over Olimar port, it is pointless to have a Roy over Olimar port for example.

Thany
    That kinky ol' broad
    Mega Kitten

It's Legendary!

• Awards Starstormer Pin Collector Featured Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3847 on: July 01, 2012, 02:45:40 PM »

I'd like to participate more in the discussion of .REL character ports, but I must confess that I barely know a damn thing about how they work or how much work they take to make.  I've just never bothered with them.  Is it difficult to .REL port a PSA or can any joe-shmoe pull it off in an hour or two?

It's literally just taking an edited .rel from one upload and the codes and slapping it on another. editing the .rel isn't hard either, you just need to change a few values in hex and it's good to go.

You can patch a .rel in about 1 minute and 30 seconds if you know which values to look for. I've got plenty of .rel patching experience. So...Literally anyone and their Grandma can do this.

I agree with you about .rels having no place on the Vault. Other ports that aren't a glitch-fest and have taken some serious time and effort to make sure everything works, on the other hand, I'm okay with.
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 02:53:19 PM by Thany » Logged

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3848 on: July 01, 2012, 02:51:09 PM »

It's literally just taking an edited .rel from one upload and the codes and slapping it on another. editing the .rel isn't hard either, you just need to change a few values in hex and it's good to go.

You can patch a .rel in about 1 minute and 30 seconds if you know which values to look for. I've got plenty of .rel patching experience. So...Literally anyone and their Grandma can do this.
    Well, if it's really that easy then I really can't see much of a reason to have these on the Vault.  All there really needs to be is a solid tutorial and the base resources required to pull it off.  I'd like to think that people should be capable of doing it themselves and not have everything spoonfed to them.

Also:
    It also worth mentioning that once we have a let's say Marth over Olimar port, it is pointless to have a Roy over Olimar port for example.
    I fully agree with this.  There's no need for this level of redundancy on the Vault.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3849 on: July 01, 2012, 02:52:17 PM »

to avoid stupid rel port submissions, maybe put a full .rel list with downloads in the resource?
    i mean, marth already has a lot of them made because of roy, and so does ike, then its just a matter of making a stickied thread with all the codes and ur done, u can totally disallow rel submitting once that's done

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3850 on: July 01, 2012, 02:53:15 PM »

@KJP: No one's devoted enough to keep track of how many weeks have been since a .REL was reported for bugs. There's just so many unpractical things with your suggestion.

Anyways. Concerning .REL ports, I think they should not be permitted at all.

They're basically renaming the actual Hack and adding a .Rel to the DL.

Unless there's edits like MarioDK's Shadow over Donkey Kong (Which isn't a .REL port), they should not be allowed at all.
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 02:54:47 PM by Albafika » Logged

Thany
    That kinky ol' broad
    Mega Kitten

It's Legendary!

• Awards Starstormer Pin Collector Featured Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3851 on: July 01, 2012, 02:57:05 PM »

Concerning .REL ports, I think they should not be permitted at all.

They're basically renaming the actual Hack and adding a .Rel to the DL.

What if the creator of the PSA has patched all of the functioning .rels and created stability codes for each .rel port and has them in their download. Would that be alright seeing as how they are, like the PSA, also created by the same person?

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3852 on: July 01, 2012, 03:00:14 PM »

What if the creator of the PSA has patched all of the functioning .rels and created stability codes for each .rel port and has them in their download. Would that be alright seeing as how they are, like the PSA, also created by the same person?
    Of course.

What I'm against is people porting other people's PSAs with only a .REL and the actual PSA untouched, only renamed.

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

« Reply #3853 on: July 01, 2012, 03:02:17 PM »

I got Thany to explain to me a little more, and basically only Ike, Marth, MetaKnight, and Jigglypuff can be .rel ported; it has to do with articles.

The old porting method was to port a PSA of one character into another.

Now you can combine the two methods in order to get the characters that are not .rel portable into other characters. You just port the PSA into one of the .rel portable characters, so you can then port it to other characters.

This is what I got from what Thany explained to me, please correct me if I'm wrong.

And I agree with Victory Badguy, we can have some kind of thread with all of the resources available.
    We already have the thread for the IC constants, we would just need the .rels which most of them are already made.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3854 on: July 01, 2012, 03:03:20 PM »

@KJP: No one's devoted enough to keep track of how many weeks have been since a .REL was reported for bugs. There's just so many unpractical things with your suggestion.
    I know. That's why you can make any needed changes if you decide to use my suggestion.

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Pages:  1 ... 254 255 256 [257] 258 259 260 ... 445
    Print
    Jump to: