Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 1009013 times)
SJS
Clastic Sandtastic
Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1485 on: December 10, 2011, 04:55:03 PM »

He put that up so that Beastman wouldn't violate the wiki.

As for that guy's thread: I don't care for it, but I don't think it should've been locked.

He put it up because of my smartass suggestion. It was funny for all of five seconds, but the space could be used for something more.... useful? Not sure if that's the word I'm looking for.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #1486 on: December 10, 2011, 04:58:13 PM »

He put it up because of my smartass suggestion. It was funny for all of five seconds, but the space could be used for something more.... useful? Not sure if that's the word I'm looking for.
    Well, any suggestion, then ? I'm personnally okay with picano having a bit of self-advertizing, considering all he's ever done for this place. It's not like it's hurting anyone, and it doesn't even look [censored]ty.

Now, if you guys have any brilliant idea about something you, like, really need to be accessible, go ahead.
    « Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 05:01:05 PM by Miacis Ballard » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1487 on: December 10, 2011, 04:59:43 PM »

Well, any suggestion, then ?
    donation link for DANT or a link to dant's blog

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #1488 on: December 10, 2011, 05:01:30 PM »

Uhh ... no. It was never ever mentionned in the rules.
    There was a rule about that in the Family Thread, but it's just a "thread rule".

Stop blaming on us your confusion. ._.

Vyse ninja'd you, buddy.

Like I said already, since it's clear now, no point of talking about it.

Well, any suggestion, then ?

Uh.. just about anything. Joke or not, it's advertisement. No one cares about it.

Anything would be better like that. Like uh, a quicker, new replies button even though you have that option up there.

Then again, you can just go make a Facebook for KC:MM though I think there already is one, and put it up there. You got a Youtube channel, so why not then.

Anything that is related to Brawl hacking and this forum. Not some guy's personal use. Even if he is an Admin or Founder of this forum.

I don't see you (Miacis) or Vyse link to personal websites and [censored].

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #1489 on: December 10, 2011, 05:01:34 PM »

donation link for DANT or a link to dant's blog
    Well, we'll ask picano and Dant what they think about it.

Geez, you guys really are PUMPED about donating for our server costs. We'll get a top-class server if you're as keen on donating as you say.
    « Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 05:05:34 PM by Miacis Ballard » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

« Reply #1490 on: December 10, 2011, 05:02:31 PM »

The same suggestion I made weeks ago. A link to the resources page.

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #1491 on: December 10, 2011, 05:04:44 PM »

The same suggestion I made weeks ago. A link to the resources page.
    I don't remember seeing that before, but I'll say now that this is probably the best choice.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1492 on: December 10, 2011, 05:06:25 PM »

I fully support the resources idea.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1493 on: December 10, 2011, 05:06:30 PM »

I don't remember seeing that before, but I'll say now that this is probably the best choice.
    In which case, we'd better keep it updated.  Mind sending me the php vyse?

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1494 on: December 10, 2011, 05:18:51 PM »

I got a suggestion for that spot =3 If we do get a "KcMm Gaming" thing going, we can put the link there =3 It leads to how to get ahold of the servers that we'd host =D

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

« Reply #1495 on: December 10, 2011, 05:44:09 PM »

I got a suggestion for that spot =3 If we do get a "KcMm Gaming" thing going, we can put the link there =3 It leads to how to get ahold of the servers that we'd host =D

Or do both servers and resources. Add a section for the servers on the resource page. Gaming is resourceful >.>

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #1496 on: December 10, 2011, 05:52:37 PM »

Since the donation thread got derailed and locked, I'm gonna address this here.

so let's also ask for them to do our job for us and organize the forum for us since we can't take 10 minutes to check the OP of the tutorials and know where they belong.

There's a little bit more to our jobs than that. The thing I asked people to volunteer to do is pretty short and simple.

Even with my limited knowledge, I cut that board from 8 pages down to less than 3. What remains is stuff that belongs there, stuff that didn't seem to fit into any category, and stuff I'm not sure about.

Bearing in mind that I haven't paid the least bit of attention to Brawl hacking in over a year, do you really expect me to know what topics like this are about? There is no context at all. I guess vertex hacking, but I have no way of verifying that guess. So it stays until someone more knowledgeable than me can point me in the right direction.

I don't get it. I try to be humble, stating that there are things I just don't know and that it'd be nice if those with the knowledge I need would deign to share it with me. And people jump down my throat anyway.

the only domain promoted out there is "kc-mm.com".

OK. Let's be real here. Ignoring how often the things get used, let's consider what could happen if we did not own those domains.

Anyone who didn't like us, or anyone at all, could acquire those names and turn them into things that would be associated with us despite our complete lack of control over the material. If we own the names, that can't happen. It's called image protection.

This keeps our community looking good, which helps it stay strong and growing, etc. etc.

Corporations own a ton of domain names and are not afraid to sue for (or just buy outright) ones that someone else owns.

I've been (And AM an active member on many forums with their own domain, and I'm sure quite a few in here are, too) and this has been the only forum/"community" I've seen where the staff asks for these kind of things.

Are they (nearly) completely free of ads and free to join?

I'll clue you in to a little-known fact: Nothing is free. Could we pay for this ourselves? Yeah, easily. We let people donate so that, if they want, they can give back to this community in a tangible way.

Again, it's a donation. We're not forcing anyone.
    « Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 05:53:30 PM by Vyse » Logged

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

« Reply #1497 on: December 10, 2011, 06:11:42 PM »

I understand your whole point with wanting to own the KCMM dot org, com, and net domains... but you're not a massive corporation. If KCMM was raking in huge sums of money through ads or whatever, I'd say go for it... purchase domain names to your heart's content.

But where you guys appear to stand financially, I don't think owning a couple of domain names is priority one. Investing in a better server seems like the better idea to me. More domain names may draw in more traffic, but what's the point if that will result in more Error 500s?

Asuka
    (@益@)ゞ
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Sig Contest Winner Heart Container Hey! Listen! Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1498 on: December 10, 2011, 06:14:06 PM »

Or do both servers and resources. Add a section for the servers on the resource page. Gaming is resourceful >.>
    If Picano's button is removed (which is what's been suggested), there would be space for both resources and servers buttons up there.

Reminder : in the rules, spamming is posting worthless posts.
    Warning someone from "spamming one post" is a nonsense.

If a thread goes awry, either redirect it and possibly give oral warnings, or lock it, temporarily, or permanently according to situation.

Also, Locking something should normally be accompanied by a little word to say why.
    So... are you simply agreeing with me that the staff should state why they are locking the thread?
    Also, because it seems you couldn't tell... the "warn everyone" part was sarcasm. Roll Eyes

And now that you mention it and to make it clear... so people won't be considered spammers and be warned if they make 1 spam post?
    They have to make more than 1 spam post in the thread for it to be worthy of being addressed?

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1499 on: December 10, 2011, 06:20:06 PM »

If Picano's button is removed (which is what's been suggested), there would be space for both resources and servers buttons up there.

Technically there'd be 1 button too many for the mods as they have an Admin button there.

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

Pages:  1 ... 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: