Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 1009017 times)
Vish
Global Moderator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Super Saiyan Topic 128-bit Core Gamer Cookie Clicker!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1620 on: January 04, 2012, 09:13:54 PM »

This ghost thread haunts the model section of these forums...
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=39369.0

Exterminated it.

Hubert Oswell
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1621 on: January 05, 2012, 09:39:57 AM »

There's a thread that I can't access to. It's a tutorial about GFX swapping.

Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=13960.0

What happened to it?
    « Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 09:49:46 AM by Innerscope » Logged

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1622 on: January 05, 2012, 11:37:58 AM »

There's a thread that I can't access to. It's a tutorial about GFX swapping.
    Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=13960.0
    What happened to it?
    Looks to me that the thread has been deleted..

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1623 on: January 05, 2012, 04:51:25 PM »

So you guys didn't think about the new video link plugin that I've proposed?

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1624 on: January 05, 2012, 05:00:26 PM »

So you guys didn't think about the new video link plugin that I've proposed?
    We did.

(3:33:51 PM) Vyse: As long as we're talking about forum changes, though
    (3:33:59 PM) Vyse: That plugin Kit suggested
    (3:34:17 PM) Vyse: is really cool
    (3:37:04 PM) Vyse: But at the same time, I feel like we might be overdoing it with the plugins
    (3:38:35 PM) Miacis: That looks really neat, yes.
    (3:38:58 PM) Miacis: But for big plugins like that, maybe it would be best to at least wait until BV is fixed.

Basically, before we start messing around with the board some more, we want to get what we have functioning properly.
    « Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:02:56 PM by Vyse » Logged

Ӄit ßallarɖ
    Little 3D Animator
    Angel Kitten

Little Twitch Affiliate

• Awards PC Pro Gamer Heart Container Super Saiyan Topic Sniper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1625 on: January 05, 2012, 05:15:04 PM »

We did.

Basically, before we start messing around with the board some more, we want to get what we have functioning properly.
    Cool. sounds like a plan ^_^ it'd help with alot of stuff for the videos without the need for the [youtube[ tag and will even embed videos from other sites like facebook and Gametrailers (though I haven't tested those 2 atm)

if you guys need a testing bed, Please, by all means use that website forum I made, KcMm:e. I changed the address to http://ktestudios.servegame.com/extended/index.php
    I want you guys to use it for ANYTHING to test cause I want this site to prosper. Just let me know what you need and I'll set the host pc up to where you guys can have access to it (just don't close the Minecraft server is it's on XD)
    « Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:32:40 PM by Ӄit » Logged

Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
    Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
    Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!

Infernape
    Holy Kitten

I have Eye Goals

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1626 on: January 06, 2012, 09:32:54 AM »

Ghost Topic... (Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=39391.0

Memorable Quotes:
    Quote from: ItalianStallion
    Nobody posted the pic of the day? Im shocked lol usually u [censored]s fight over it.

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1627 on: January 06, 2012, 03:17:25 PM »

Oh hey. Look. It's broken. Can someone kill it with fire for me?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=39079.0

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #1628 on: January 07, 2012, 12:59:49 PM »

I'm creating an index in an attempt to fix/improve searching. So if you get a lot of errors, that's why.

Edit: Never mind. It's apparently a very resource-intensive process, and it's just not gonna work right now.
    « Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 01:22:49 PM by Vyse » Logged

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #1629 on: January 07, 2012, 08:06:24 PM »

Just laid down some organization science.

Highlights:
    - Off-Topic has been given its own category and moved to the bottom of the index, and all of its old children are now standalone.
    - Hacking was getting too big, so we split it into two categories. The first, as its name implies, focuses on various character-centric hacks. The second is for... everything else. It's currently named "Other," but if anyone has a better name, speak up. Please.
    - The various tutorial sub-sub-boards were too obscure, so the old Tutorials is no longer a child of Help, instead serving as a hub for all the other tutorial boards. When I did the previous reorganization, I did it under the impression that all sub-boards were visible on the index. Obviously, I was wrong.
    - New hacking board, named simply "Misc.," added to Other Hacks. This is for stuff that didn't have its own section but isn't quite popular enough to get one. Portraits are to be posted there from now on.

I think that covers it. Only other change is that users belonging to various membergroups (e.g. Moderator) no longer display their post-based groups (e.g. "lol kitten").

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1630 on: January 07, 2012, 08:07:05 PM »

Oh.
    So that's where off-topic went Im srs here

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1631 on: January 07, 2012, 08:28:26 PM »

The new look is... different.  Don't get wrong, it all makes sense.  It'll just just take some getting used to for me.  I like the idea of a central tutorial hub though.  Hopefully it'll help out a lot of people and prevent "how do I do X" topics from popping up in the wrong place.

SJS
    Clastic Sandtastic
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards The Gentlepin Hyperactive Contributor >9000 Hey! Listen!

« Reply #1632 on: January 07, 2012, 08:49:41 PM »

I posted this in my thread, but I'm sure you guys are dying to hear my opinion.

Just would like to take the time to say I hate where the portraits section has been moved. I couldn't even find it at first. I had to go to my bookmarks and find the section from there.

Now CSPs are just lumped under "misc." With THPs. Do people even have active THP threads? No.

I'm sure you have your organization logic, that's great and all, but I really hate where this section is placed now. It's hard to find at first.

Portraits are already under appreciated. Throwing it to nearly the bottom of the hacking section under a vague "misc" title seems like a low blow.

But I'm sure it's no big deal to anyone except me. I take CSPs too seriously. But it's the one type of hack I actually focus on >_>

Look at my CSPs. While you're at it, come and help fix some broken hacks.. Don't stop! Check out LSTeam's cBliss recolor project.

Vyse
    Administrator

« Reply #1633 on: January 07, 2012, 09:04:31 PM »

I posted this in my thread, but I'm sure you guys are dying to hear my opinion.

I understand your position completely.

This reorganization started off as a simple idea of mine to make a new "Interface Hacks" board to house portraits, menus, CSS/SSS, and THPs. I feel like, thematically, those things fit together. I'll just quote a few things from the thread to show how the idea developed.
    Title: "Interface Hacks board?"

For portraits, menu hacks, CSS/SSS stuff, and THPs.

Is putting all of these together a good idea? Is there enough activity in these areas to warrant a board?

From my experience the only type of interface that gets any traffic is CSP/SSP. Menu hacks and THP are so obscure barely any does them. Having a place for those would be nice I guess, I just don't see it being used much.

It seems strange to sequester Portraits as a sub-board of Textures when there's a lot more than just textures being made.

Menu hacks and THP are so obscure barely any does them.

Might giving them a more prominent position, a place meant to display them, make them more common? A sort of "raising awareness" thing?

And if no one has any further input on the Tutorials thing, I think I'll do that sometime tomorrow.

Guess it wouldn't kill the boards to add a new section. Though the hacking section seems to be getting a little crammed.

And from there it bomed into a full forum reorganization project.

How about something like this ?

Non-characters (Might need something more accurate ?)
    - Stage, Music/SFX, Misc. (should include interface hacks, items, trophies, SSE enemies, THP Vids ...)

When I first made the topic, I wanted to avoid calling it "Misc." (and that was the first thing I thought of) because it makes the stuff sound like an afterthought. "Yeah, we have textures, stages, music, models... and all this other random crap."

But if we're gonna include all that, I don't see any other name we could give it.

If you can think of a better name, I'm all ears.

Idea: Portraits as a sub-board of Misc.?
    « Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:11:28 PM by Vyse » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #1634 on: January 07, 2012, 09:13:49 PM »

Why not portraits under textures?

Or even better, give the menu stuff its own board and make portraits a sub-section?

"From my experience the only type of interface that gets any traffic is CSP/SSP. Menu hacks and THP are so obscure barely any does them. Having a place for those would be nice I guess, I just don't see it being used much."
    Im srs here
    CSP/SSP stuff is pretty popular with people like SJ. I understand that THP hacking is pretty dead right now.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Pages:  1 ... 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: