Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question:
Out of the four members of the Fighting Alloy Team, which one is your favorite?
Red. - 10 (23.3%)
Blue. - 8 (18.6%)
Yellow. - 5 (11.6%)
Green. - 8 (18.6%)
Can't decide. - 10 (23.3%)
Not interested. - 2 (4.7%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages:  1 ... 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 ... 451
Author Topic: KJP's Throne Room. 09/08/2019: Fighting Alloy Team Pack Update  (Read 1827212 times)
クローバー
Hyper Kitten

I'm back, baby~

• Awards Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1560 on: August 26, 2011, 07:16:29 PM »

You make a valid point.  Now that I think about it, Silver never did that in Sonic 2006, Sonic and the Black Knight or any other games he appeared in.  I just don't know that much about Silver, that's all.

Current Persona: Jigglypuff
    Check out my Touhou music thread!
    About requests:
    I only do music requests.  My policy is on my art thread.
    Current Request: none

My art threadCheesy
    *NEW!!* YouTube Channel

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #1561 on: August 26, 2011, 09:47:02 PM »

Just because an idea sounds good doesn't mean it fits the character though. Silver doesn't even do anything remotely close to that in the games. Silver has no real physical attributes about himself. No offense to despero6, but I don't agree with the idea. Just because it sounds entertaining doesn't mean it fits. If you are going to make a character moveset, do something the character is actually going to do.

most characters in brawl have moves that dont rly fit them... and this is brawl. not a sonic game. i think its brawl fitting.

Did mario ever shoot giant fireballs from his hands? did bowser turn into a giant monster? did luigi ever make a magic zone that made ppl sleep or get dizzy or grow flowers on their head? nope.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1562 on: August 26, 2011, 09:59:14 PM »

most characters in brawl have moves that dont rly fit them... and this is brawl. not a sonic game. i think its brawl fitting.

Did mario ever shoot giant fireballs from his hands? did bowser turn into a giant monster? did luigi ever make a magic zone that made ppl sleep or get dizzy or grow flowers on their head? nope.

The Bowser has, Mario an Luigi? Nope.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #1563 on: August 27, 2011, 08:25:06 AM »

The Bowser has, Mario an Luigi? Nope.

when did bowser turn into giga bowser besides smash bros games??

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #1564 on: August 27, 2011, 08:55:39 AM »

I agree.  Most Final Smashes aren't canon and the ones that are were adapted in some sort of way to make them better suit Brawl.  Though funnily enough, Sonic's FS is one of the few exceptions of this.

But honestly though, when making character movesets it's more important to make it well rounded and suit nicely in the world of Smash and yes whilst it is important to make sure that they have moves that are canon, every now and then you have to diverge away from this for the better of the moveset, especially if the canon thing really isn't working (it worked for pretty much all this Silver moveset except the Final Smash).

It's a psychic based attack, it has the air and the epic concept of a Final Smash and it would make sense for a psychic user like Silver. 

If worse comes to worse and you guys (i.e. the devs of Silver) still really hate Despero's idea, you could of course mix together a load of canon aspects of Silver to create an epic move.  For example, take my Viewtiful Joe PSA.  The Final Smash involves a mix of his Mach Speed, Slow and Zoom moves, ending in Viewtiful Forever.  Just use your imagination XD 

xZedkiel
    Heroic Kitten

Quitting for a while... Wish I could quit life..

• Awards Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1565 on: August 27, 2011, 09:25:27 AM »

I'm  with Nano and SDo0m on this. They gave every single FS, except for Super Sonic, Critical Hit, Zero Laser, and Triple Finish (a couple more i think), something the character never really does.
    Mario doesn't make a giant flame swirl, Peach doesn't have anything to do with peaches o_o, Aura Storm and Puff Up or whatever it's called aren't even real moves, Volt Tackle doesn't even work that way, and much more.

But it is neccesary to adapt the character to Brawl. If not, Pika would only do four moves, Marth and Ike would only do one attack every 10 seconds, Sonic would actually only use his FS once and need to find a spring to go use, Mario can't use any fire moves without a fire flower, Kirby can only suck and swallow (Oh gawd x__X) and use his kick from the fighter kirby PSA. See? Not really Canon, because they need adaptations to make them fit in Brawl. If all characters where left as-is to play in Brawl, then only MetaKnight, Link, Sonic, and Marth would have a chance along with a couple others. Including Marth there because he'd be able to attack with his Final Smash out of nowhere Tongue Cause it would be Canon.

Despero's Final Smash Idea fits Brawl and maintains a small aspect of Silver being Psychokinetic hits from different angles, if you could make him flip two chaos emeralds during the activation, you could simulate the use of Chaos Control to teleport, and as I said, end it with a large blast of Psychokinetic energy. Therefore maintaining the  aspect of his psychokinesis, using the two chaos emeralds he had in '06 towards the end, and supplying him the only way he could teleport. And animating that could be easier, just like the same animation from different angles except the last.

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #1566 on: August 27, 2011, 10:55:39 AM »

What about this... if ya'll are going all canon nazi...

Have him pull out two chaos emeralds (ported from sonic over falco's articals)
    and have him try to merge with Iblis, like he did in the game?
    But it goes wrong and instead of merging with it he unleashes a huge, uncontrolable fire blast(Like entei's attack in brawl) that ends with a short spyonic one. 

It would be mega powerful because of Iblis, but like, it would also hurt him because of the failed attempt to merge with him :l

IDK if there's already a lot of fire-themed fs's out there, but that's just an Idea I thought I'd put out.

You could even use the voice clip of him using the spell or chant or whatever in the sound pack Cheesy

Solstice Of Gravity
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #1567 on: August 27, 2011, 11:02:16 AM »

Have him pull out two chaos emeralds (ported from sonic over falco's articals)
    and have him try to merge with Iblis, like he did in the game?
    But it goes wrong and instead of merging with it he unleashes a huge, uncontrolable fire blast(Like entei's attack in brawl) that ends with a short spyonic one. 

He never merged with Iblis, Blaze did.

"Power of the Stars and all that magical girl crap."

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #1568 on: August 27, 2011, 11:06:49 AM »

He never merged with Iblis, Blaze did.

I know, he tried to though and it didn't work, I've seen silver's story on youtube -_-
    The fire blast would be a result of him not being able to merge with it, cause Iblis would've been too strong for him to contain it, thus Iblis would be unleashed rather than sealed away.

Solstice Of Gravity
    Newbie Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #1569 on: August 27, 2011, 11:14:51 AM »

I know, he tried to though and it didn't work, I've seen silver's story on youtube -_-
    The fire blast would be a result of him not being able to merge with it, cause Iblis would've been too strong for him to contain it, thus Iblis would be unleashed rather than sealed away.

Then explain...where is Iblis coming from in relation to the attack? A random Iblis attack and he tries to merge with it and fails?

On the other final smash idea that Despero6 came up with, it is a decent idea, but what I was saying before was that the attack needs to fit the character. If you think about it, the final smashes each character does relates to them in some way. Bowser almost always turns into a gigantic monster, Mario's first power up was the fire flower, Luigi is negative because of always being 2nd best to his brother and would like to share the pain with everyone -shot-, and Peaches name speaks for itself. They do things related to stuff that fits them. I'm not saying dump his idea, I'm saying make it come a little closer to Silver instead of Shadow.

"Power of the Stars and all that magical girl crap."

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #1570 on: August 29, 2011, 05:00:05 PM »

<a href="http://youtu.be/7c8wTa6bA5M?t=2m48s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/7c8wTa6bA5M?t=2m48s</a>

This may interest you guys...

What he's saying makes sense actually.  For every attack you guys used the same generic electrical hitbox.  If you notice in Brawl, different attacks have different hitbox properties and sound effects.  Stronger attacks should share the same sound effects as weaker ones.  Despite what you may think, it's an important presentational value and setting different hitboxes to different attacks to correspond with their strength and where the attack comes from is important.

Unlike Sound Effect event SFX that is generated in PSA, hitbox flag SFX I believe can be shared.  I'd recommend copying and pasting some of the hitboxes from Lucas' PK attacks onto Silver's moves.  Here's what I'd recommend:

1) Any hitbox that ISN'T attached to the main "psychic" part of the attack should be a regular punching or kicking hitbox.  Take a look at Sonic's AAA combo for the hitbox flags you want (first two hits for punching, last for kicking).

2) Weaker psychic attacks should use hitboxes from moves like Lucas' F Tilt and N Air.  Mid powered ones should use his B Air.  Strong ones should use his U Smash and D Smash hitboxes.

Presentation is a lot more important than you may think.  It's the difference between a decent hack and an excellent one.
    « Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 05:15:04 PM by SiLeNtDo0m » Logged

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #1571 on: August 29, 2011, 05:22:33 PM »

http://youtu.be/7c8wTa6bA5M?t=2m48s

This may interest you guys...

What he's saying makes sense actually.  For every attack you guys used the same generic electrical hitbox.  If you notice in Brawl, different attacks have different hitbox properties and sound effects.  Stronger attacks should share the same sound effects as weaker ones.  Despite what you may think, it's an important presentational value and setting different hitboxes to different attacks to correspond with their strength and where the attack comes from is important.

Unlike Sound Effect event SFX that is generated in PSA, hitbox flag SFX I believe can be shared.  I'd recommend copying and pasting some of the hitboxes from Lucas' PK attacks onto Silver's moves.  Here's what I'd recommend:

1) Any hitbox that ISN'T attached to the main "psychic" part of the attack should be a regular punching or kicking hitbox.  Take a look at Sonic's AAA combo for the hitbox flags you want (first two hits for punching, last for kicking).

2) Weaker psychic attacks should use hitboxes from moves like Lucas' F Tilt and N Air.  Mid powered ones should use his B Air.  Strong ones should use his U Smash and D Smash hitboxes.

Presentation is a lot more important than you may think.  It's the difference between a decent hack and an excellent one.

+1

not all the attacks need to be psychic or electrical... he can have normal physical attacks with no flags

DARKSHADEDX
    Supreme Kitten

They're evil, all over the world.

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #1572 on: August 31, 2011, 05:38:57 PM »

For the record, he wasn't planned to have all electricity.
    And I'll agree with SDoom.

:3

V2 Shall be epic sauce =P
    « Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:40:14 PM by DARKSHADEDX » Logged

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #1573 on: August 31, 2011, 05:50:48 PM »

*glares at darkshade*
    *glares again*
    *waits for two more weeks*
    *is still glaring*
    =3

On topic: Ehhh....sooo...no thoughts on my iblis FS idea from the  actual team working on silver?  wow.... :l I feel so left out...

DARKSHADEDX
    Supreme Kitten

They're evil, all over the world.

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #1574 on: August 31, 2011, 06:07:47 PM »

*glares at darkshade*
    *glares again*
    *waits for two more weeks*
    *is still glaring*
    =3

On topic: Ehhh....sooo...no thoughts on my iblis FS idea from the  actual team working on silver?  wow.... :l I feel so left out...

Solstice IS part of the actual team =P
    And I'm getting there..I've been really busy x.x

Pages:  1 ... 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 ... 451
    Print
    Jump to: