Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Brawl Hacks Don't Start Up!! Need help!  (Read 6823 times)
Yoshi_xD
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: November 21, 2013, 12:50:48 PM »

After I finished setting up my SD Card today with my new hacks, I put it inside my Wii and inserted the brawl disc as well. When I go to the Riivolution Channel, it sees my brawl disc with Beyond's Riivolution for Gecko OS Users loader or whatever you want to call it. I pressed launch and it left the Riivolution screen. Instead of showing the strap loader, it shows a black screen forever. I am allowed to turn it off, but I have to hold the power button all the way. This continuously happens no matter what is on the SD Card. I need assistance.

Info:

- I have a WODE. (Look it up.)

- SD Card is SanDisc Ultra 30 MBs,8GB SDHC card.

- I am using Riivolution v1.05.

- My Wii is version 4.3U.

- I do use Homebrew Channel with Indiana Pwns, but I don't use GeckoOS.

Please respond with help/advice as soon as humanly possible.

-Yoshi

Sir Ethan
Mega Kitten

The Classic Moddable WIi Game

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 12:56:56 PM »

After I finished setting up my SD Card today with my new hacks, I put it inside my Wii and inserted the brawl disc as well. When I go to the Riivolution Channel, it sees my brawl disc with Beyond's Riivolution for Gecko OS Users loader or whatever you want to call it. I pressed launch and it left the Riivolution screen. Instead of showing the strap loader, it shows a black screen forever. I am allowed to turn it off, but I have to hold the power button all the way. This continuously happens no matter what is on the SD Card. I need assistance.

Info:

- I have a WODE. (Look it up.)

- SD Card is SanDisc Ultra 30 MBs,8GB SDHC card.

- I am using Riivolution v1.05.

- My Wii is version 4.3U.

- I do use Homebrew Channel with Indiana Pwns, but I don't use GeckoOS.

Please respond with help/advice as soon as humanly possible.

-Yoshi
I need help with that same problem! SOMEONE HELP US!!!!!!

Currently Working On: 80s anime Mario pack (which uses clips from Yamcha, Seiya and the anime version of Mario from the Great Mission to rescue Princess Peach)

Blue Vixen
Mega Kitten

I don't know what to put here...

• Awards Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 02:29:02 PM »

SDHC won't work,you need to use normal SD card.

Sir Ethan
    Mega Kitten

The Classic Moddable WIi Game

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 02:38:08 PM »

I use a normal SD Card.
    You should too.

Currently Working On: 80s anime Mario pack (which uses clips from Yamcha, Seiya and the anime version of Mario from the Great Mission to rescue Princess Peach)

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 03:24:34 PM »

Every time I've ever black screened after the riivo screen it has been because I left the file patch code on. If you are using any codes at all you might consider remaking your GCT to ensure that the FPC is off.

Yoshi_xD
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 04:30:19 PM »

Every time I've ever black screened after the riivo screen it has been because I left the file patch code on. If you are using any codes at all you might consider remaking your GCT to ensure that the FPC is off.
    I don't have any codes for Brawl.

SDHC won't work,you need to use normal SD card.
    It's been working on SDHC ever since I've started brawl hacking, whether it's GeckoOS or Riivolution. I'll try to buy a card that's not SDHC, but I don't have that kind of money. I'll get one when I can, but I don't think that's the problem.

ABloodyCanadian
    Ellipsis Abuser…
    Heroic Kitten

Background processes...

• Awards KCMM Veteran Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 04:35:19 PM »

You're talking to people with experience, and we've encountered many cases where the person had an SDHC making their Brawl Hacks not working. I'd be amazed if somebody actually did manage to get working Brawl Hacks on an SDHC.

Yoshi_xD
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 09:50:18 PM »

You're talking to people with experience, and we've encountered many cases where the person had an SDHC making their Brawl Hacks not working. I'd be amazed if somebody actually did manage to get working Brawl Hacks on an SDHC.
    SDHC wasn't the problem. It's still not working after I switched my SD Card to a 2GB SanDisc card.

ShinyMammoth
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 11:36:56 PM »

Your going to have to figure out what file it is then.
    Pull files out and test one by one unit you find the culprit.

Yoshi_xD
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 12:50:27 PM »

Your going to have to figure out what file it is then.
    Pull files out and test one by one unit you find the culprit.
    I already know that 100% this isn't a character/stage/music/CSP problem. Maybe it's one of the common.pac's or the info.pac ?

raverrebel
    Expert Kitten

FD w/o items ftw

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 07:30:34 AM »

I read that Riivolution 1.05 isn't working with Brawl. Maybe you want to try out an older version.

proud owner of a Project M Hoodie.

ever wanted to customize your StageSelectionScreen? >>here<< you can!

Makarew
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic RAGE!! Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 11:16:22 AM »

I know it wouldn't be your sdhc card because I use one. All I could think that would cause that is a corrupted strap menu or your riivolution. Try using a different strap menu and downloading your riivolution. And as reverrebel said, don't use riivolution 1.05.
    « Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:51:08 AM by makarew » Logged

FOREVER365
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 04:07:12 PM »

i think i know your problem,  name the files(example: SD/private/pf/fighter) and i will be able to help, but more than likely its because your loading indiana pwns or watever its called, try installing riivolution to your wii channel and loading it this way, heres a link(bottom of my comment) to my guide just click show spoilers and its broken into the easiest way to get everything. if that doesnt help then idk what to tell you, be more specific on what you recently added and is this your first time hacking brawl? i dont even think people yous indiana pwns anymore.....do they?? well here is a link explaining how to get riivolution installed on wii without homebrew. be more descriptive so someone can help....

riivolution installer:
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Installing Riivolution Tutorial

My guide:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=50621.msg1027371#msg1027371

Yoshi_xD
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 11:28:16 AM »

i think i know your problem,  name the files(example: SD/private/pf/fighter) and i will be able to help, but more than likely its because your loading indiana pwns or watever its called, try installing riivolution to your wii channel and loading it this way, heres a link(bottom of my comment) to my guide just click show spoilers and its broken into the easiest way to get everything. if that doesnt help then idk what to tell you, be more specific on what you recently added and is this your first time hacking brawl? i dont even think people yous indiana pwns anymore.....do they?? well here is a link explaining how to get riivolution installed on wii without homebrew. be more descriptive so someone can help....

riivolution installer:
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl Installing Riivolution Tutorial

My guide:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=50621.msg1027371#msg1027371

I do have Riivolution on my Wii Channel. This still didn't help me.

FOREVER365
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 01:19:01 PM »

Well then you need to format your sd card and put in each file at a time then :p there isnt any reason how that wouldnt work,  reread everything and download the brawlmods and make sure you dont have anything with a file patch,  and also make sure you dont have the wii u version of riivolution stored on ur wii other than that if that doesnt work buy a new wii,  but it should,  your not very descrptive so its hard to help :p

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: