I figured out how the PMBR managed to get slot specific effects (i.e. Fire Peach and Shadow Peach). So I thought I might pick that up and make some alt modifications...
Released:
(http://i.imgur.com/SxEoj5u.png)
Mega Charizard X (replaces the Turquoise Charizard slot with Nanobuds and KTH's Mega Charizard X vertex).
Images:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35353 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35353)
Video: [Project M 3.0] Mega Charizard X Effects (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xzxMUHJPtQ#ws)
Dry Bowser/Giga Bowser.
Images:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35360 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35360)
Mr. L
Images:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35365 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35365)
Masked Man Lucas.
Images:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35389 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35389)
Fire Mario.
Images:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35453 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35453)
(http://i.imgur.com/cdAXrcE.png)
Ice Mario.
Images:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35454 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35454)
What's planned:
Dark Bowser. Making some of his attacks dark and giving him purple effects. If there's a model, then there will also be a Dark Giga Bowser.
Captain Falchion. Making all of his attacks have slash effects.
Manchu. Making his dark attacks electric.
I might take requests, depending on the character.
Request guidelines:
It has to be a character with an existing model on the Vault.
It has to be some variation of the said character (ex: Ice Mario is okay, but Shadow the Hedgehog isn't).
It has to be a character that can fittingly use slot specific effects.
You'll have to give up one of your current slots.
Yay Megazard X. I hope he isn't size modded though, I'm not too crazy about size mods.
Also, any chance you can give him a blue tail graphic rather than keeping the static modeled flame?
The Mega Charizard X Alt is now on the Vault!
Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35353 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35353)
Video: [Project M 3.0] Mega Charizard X Effects (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xzxMUHJPtQ#ws)
Quote from: Gravity on December 19, 2013, 07:40:54 PM
Yay Megazard X. I hope he isn't size modded though, I'm not too crazy about size mods.
The edits should be compatible with the Wifi-Safe version.
Quote from: Gravity on December 19, 2013, 07:40:54 PM
Also, any chance you can give him a blue tail graphic rather than keeping the static modeled flame?
It's possible, but my method would possibly increase the file size by a bit.
My method would be making a Sub Routine to have the Aura GFX loop infinitely, then have the If Compare command in every GFX slot of every Sub Action Charizard uses.
Or...
I could see if someone could make a custom GFX effect model, then have the model placed on the tip of the tail via a GFX command.
Ah, nice. I actually wanted to do this myself but hadn't found the time—glad to see someone else did. Nice job!
As for the tail flame (this is purely a hypothesis), would it be possible to duplicate the tail flame's particle emitter from the PokeTrainer file, edit the RBG parameters to make it a blue flame, add that to Charizard's graphics, and call that up instead of a model?
I have another released alt.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35360 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35360)
Quote from: Kage Ryu on December 20, 2013, 03:42:15 AM
Ah, nice. I actually wanted to do this myself but hadn't found the time—glad to see someone else did. Nice job!
As for the tail flame (this is purely a hypothesis), would it be possible to duplicate the tail flame's particle emitter from the PokeTrainer file, edit the RBG parameters to make it a blue flame, add that to Charizard's graphics, and call that up instead of a model?
That's a possibility.
I'll have to try adding REFF effects.
I really like what you're doing, it makes alts look more unique. Is it possible to make animations specific for one slot too? I suppose it isn't, but it would be awesome.
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on December 19, 2013, 07:32:18 PM
It has to be some variation of the said character (ex: Dark Samus is okay, but Shadow the Hedgehog isn't).
I don't wanna [censored], but isn't Dark Samus different from Samus just the way Shadow is from Sonic?
Anyway, I have a request (though I don't mind if you're not interested). In PM 3.0 Link's boomerang uses its melee effect, which is cool for OoT alts, but not so much for vanilla Link (in Twilight Princess the effect is the same as in vBrawl). So, is it possible to make this effect specific to his OoT alts?
Quote from: Feanor on December 20, 2013, 04:14:05 PM
I really like what you're doing, it makes alts look more unique. Is it possible to make animations specific for one slot too? I suppose it isn't, but it would be awesome.
That should be possible.
Quote from: Feanor on December 20, 2013, 04:14:05 PM
I don't wanna [censored], but isn't Dark Samus different from Samus just the way Shadow is from Sonic?
Well that is true...
Quote from: Feanor on December 20, 2013, 04:14:05 PM
Anyway, I have a request (though I don't mind if you're not interested). In PM 3.0 Link's boomerang uses it's melee effect, which is cool for OoT's alts, but not so much for vanilla Link (in Twilight Princess the effect is the same as in vBrawl). So, is it possible to make this effect specific to his OoT alts?
I can't do the alt specific effect for Articles at the moment. :-\
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on December 20, 2013, 04:33:22 PM
That should be possible.
Damn, I have to learn to do that then. This would make Shadow, Cloud and many others a lot better, without changing the original character. Do you have a tuto or anything?
QuoteI can't do the alt specific effect for Articles at the moment. :-\
Oh, ok then.
Quote from: Feanor on December 20, 2013, 04:41:06 PM
Damn, I have to learn to do that then. This would make Shadow, Cloud and many others a lot better, without changing the original character. Do you have a tuto or anything?
If you want an effect that's slot specific, then this is the coding you need to do:
If Compare: LA-Basic[54] == *Costume slot*
*Alt's coding*
Else
*Normal coding*
EndIfFor the costume slot, use Scalar as the variable and the number from the pac/pcs that you want to use.
Ex: For my Mega Charizard X, the Turquoise Charizard slot is FitPokeLizardon05.pac/.pcs, so I would use 5 as my variable for the If Compare command.
Take note that making any edits to the PSA file will make it unsafe for Wifi, unless you and your friend(s) have the edited FitChar.pac file.
Ok thank you!
I don't know anything about coding so I don't really understand what the next step would be, but it's still something. ^^
Quote from: Feanor on December 20, 2013, 04:57:50 PM
Ok thank you!
I don't know anything about coding so I don't really understand what the next step would be, but it's still something. ^^
You would put that coding in every Sub Action you want your alt to have a special effect on.
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on December 20, 2013, 04:53:06 PM
If you want an effect that's slot specific, then this is the coding you need to do:
If Compare: LA-Basic[54] == *Costume slot*
*Alt's coding*
Else
*Normal coding*
EndIf
For the costume slot, use Scalar as the variable and the number from the pac/pcs that you want to use.
Ex: For my Mega Charizard X, the Turquoise Charizard slot is FitPokeLizardon05.pac/.pcs, so I would use 5 as my variable for the If Compare command.
Take note that making any edits to the PSA file will make it unsafe for Wifi, unless you and your friend(s) have the edited FitChar.pac file.
i have been looking for something like this for, like, forever. thanks
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on December 20, 2013, 04:58:38 PM
You would put that coding in every Sub Action you want your alt to have a special effect on.
Well, it's the coding part that I don't really get, but I might understand if I look into your files.
I have already done animations and textures but not coding (not in brawl at least). For example, if I want to make an animation specific to one character, should I create a new animation in the motionetc.pac (without replacing an existing one) and somehow code it in the character.pac?
Quote from: Feanor on December 20, 2013, 05:04:23 PM
Well, it's the coding part that I don't really get, but I might understand if I look into your files.
I have already done animations and textures but not coding (not in brawl at least). For example, if I want to make an animation specific to one character, should I create a new animation in the motionetc.pac (without replacing an existing one) and somehow code it in the character.pac?
What you would want to do is add the Animation first.
Open up your FitCharMotionEtc.pac, Right click on AnimationData[0], hover over New, then click Model Animation Renaming it optional. Save afterward.
After your Animation is done, what you would want is this:
If Compare: LA-Basic[54] == *Costume slot*
Synchronous Timer: Frames=0.001
Change SubAction: Sub Action = *Unused Sub Action ID*
Else
*Normal coding*
EndIfThen proceed to do your coding for the new Animation.
Thanks a lot! I think I will be able to do it now.
Mr. L is done.
Images:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
The BrawlVault link is up!
Quote from: Feanor on December 20, 2013, 05:18:29 PM
Thanks a lot! I think I will be able to do it now.
You're welcome.
Have at you! Looks nice!
For those who downloaded Mega Charizard X, please re-download. I fixed an issue with the Forward Special.
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 20, 2013, 08:13:06 PM
Have at you! Looks nice!
Thanks. xp
well since this fits here...
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35374 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35374)
^ downloading that now!
I might try making some alts when i get time (i still need to do other things)
Is it possible for different voicesets for the new alts? Say if I had a Silver alt for sonic could i possibly get silver's voice to work specifically for that slot?
Quote from: Mr.Doggie on December 20, 2013, 10:31:43 PM
^ downloading that now!
I might try making some alts when i get time (i still need to do other things)
Is it possible for different voicesets for the new alts? Say if I had a Silver alt for sonic could i possibly get silver's voice to work specifically for that slot?
yup. i would imagine so
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 20, 2013, 10:16:02 PM
well since this fits here...
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35374 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35374)
:>.>:
Quote from: Mr.Doggie on December 20, 2013, 10:31:43 PM
Is it possible for different voicesets for the new alts? Say if I had a Silver alt for sonic could i possibly get silver's voice to work specifically for that slot?
You would have to have a lot of unused SFX.
Didn't the Project m team change the boss voices to be used for Roy and Mewtwo? I think i might end up doing that then.
And thus the bajillion ideas have just struck into my head
Quote from: Mr.Doggie on December 20, 2013, 10:38:58 PM
Didn't the Project m team change the boss voices to be used for Roy and Mewtwo? I think i might end up doing that then.
And thus the bajillion ideas have just struck into my head
That is true.
Though you would need a gct code for your character to use their SFX.
So, KJP...
(http://i.imgur.com/PEJ0F7O.png)
For that one-slot no-tail-flame-on-Charizard effect without moving any bones. Purely PSA.
You would just need to add this to your unofficial P:M 3.0 Charizard alt:
If Compare: LA-Basic[54] == 5
Terminate Graphic Effect: File=29, Graphic ID=1, Undefined1=true, Undefined2=true
Terminate Graphic Effect: File=30, Graphic ID=1, Undefined1=true, Undefined2=true
End IfFor the Wait1, Fall, EntryL, EntryR, Win1, Win2, Win3, and Lose Subactions. I also added this to the Wait2, Wait3, FallF, and FallB subactions, though I don't think that's necessary.
It's basically a combination of P:M's costume-specific code plus what they used to remove Lucario's aura, though for some reason it needs both lines in there (one for Pkmn Trainer's file and one for Charizard's). This works with Charizard's default bone structure, so there's no need to do bone edits to get rid of the flame, or change which bone the sweetspot's hitbox is attached to.
Haven't yet figured out adding the blue fire, though. I might experiment with that tonight if you don't beat me to it.
Anywho, hope this helps!
Quote from: Kage Ryu on December 21, 2013, 08:43:24 PM
So, KJP...
(http://i.imgur.com/PEJ0F7O.png)
For that one-slot no-tail-flame-on-Charizard effect without moving any bones. Purely PSA.
You would just need to add this to your unofficial P:M 3.0 Charizard alt:
If Compare: LA-Basic[54] == 5
Terminate Graphic Effect: File=29, Graphic ID=1, Undefined1=true, Undefined2=true
Terminate Graphic Effect: File=30, Graphic ID=1, Undefined1=true, Undefined2=true
End IfFor the Wait1, Fall, EntryL, EntryR, Win1, Win2, Win3, and Lose Subactions. I also added this to the Wait2, Wait3, FallF, and FallB subactions, though I don't think that's necessary.
It's basically a combination of P:M's costume-specific code plus what they used to remove Lucario's aura, though for some reason it needs both lines in there (one for Pkmn Trainer's file and one for Charizard's). This works with Charizard's default bone structure, so there's no need to do bone edits to get rid of the flame, or change which bone the sweetspot's hitbox is attached to.
Haven't yet figured out adding the blue fire, though. I might experiment with that tonight if you don't beat me to it.
Anywho, hope this helps!
Woah.
I just might try that. Along with experimenting with adding custom REFF GFX.
I ran your Mega Charizard X tweak of Nano's mod. My students loved it man. Huge success. I'll be hooking up all my game stuff today and adding your Mr. L and Masked Man mods.
I was going add in Dark Samus or Phazon Suit Samus from the vault. I feel like either of those will fit in nicely over her black color. You might be able to mix one of those two up. As I looked through the vault most hacks that fit your criteria don't lend themselves to move changes. But I think Samus is workable.
Huzzah!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Even though I failed to make Charizard's Tail flame blue, I did a workaround...
I used Lucario's Palm Aura GFX, and it works like a charm.
Quote from: VyseTheQuick on December 21, 2013, 09:22:08 PM
I ran your Mega Charizard X tweak of Nano's mod. My students loved it man. Huge success. I'll be hooking up all my game stuff today and adding your Mr. L and Masked Man mods.
Thanks.
I'm glad your students enjoyed my edits.
Quote from: VyseTheQuick on December 21, 2013, 09:22:08 PM
I was going add in Dark Samus or Phazon Suit Samus from the vault. I feel like either of those will fit in nicely over her black color. You might be able to mix one of those two up. As I looked through the vault most hacks that fit your criteria don't lend themselves to move changes. But I think Samus is workable.
Dark Samus is technically a different character.
Edit:I apologize for not keeping people here informed about my Alts...
I just released Fire Mario and Ice Mario just now.
(http://i.imgur.com/8myPlxs.png)
Fire Mario: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35453 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35453)
Ice Mario: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35454 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35454)
I'll update the OP with more images.
Also...
Progress on updated Mega Charizard X effects.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Are you going to consolidate both fire and ice versions in one fitmotion?
Quote from: VyseTheQuick on December 23, 2013, 08:09:11 PM
Are you going to consolidate both fire and ice versions in one fitmotion?
They use the same Animations.
All edits are done to the PSA files.
These are great man. I'm lovin the ice mario.
Quote from: Nanobuds on December 23, 2013, 08:28:53 PM
These are great man. I'm lovin the ice mario.
Yay. Support from someone from the PMBR. \o0o/
Thanks.
If the PMBR wants to use any of these edits for their updates, then I would be okay with that.
I don't understand why Mr L has electric attacks: I didn't play Paper Mario but isn't it just a brainwashed Luigi?
Quote from: Feanor on December 23, 2013, 09:57:47 PM
I don't understand why Mr L has electric attacks: I didn't play Paper Mario but isn't it just a brainwashed Luigi?
I haven't played much Paper Mario as well.
Though if I recall correctly, Mr. L had some sort of electric attacks in a few Paper Mario games.
Me. L was only in 1 game. I dont recall any electric attacks
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 23, 2013, 10:20:31 PM
Me. L was only in 1 game. I dont recall any electric attacks
Huh.
Well the people on SmashBoards seemed to agree with an electric Mr. L.
I like the idea.
Since when did Dr. Mario get electric attacks? He had them in Melee.
It works fine with Mr. L.
Quote from: SonicBrawler on December 23, 2013, 10:20:31 PM
Me. L was only in 1 game. I dont recall any electric attacks
Well he called himself the Green Thunder, and in M&LSS Luigi used a move known as the Thunder Hand, so I guess it makes since.
Nice job, hope we will see the same for Luigi.
Quote from: KTH on December 23, 2013, 11:27:10 PM
Nice job, hope we will see the same for Luigi.
Thanks.
Fire and Ice Luigi could be done sometime. Though I can't do anything for the Fireball. :\
Quote from: Nanobuds on December 23, 2013, 10:45:33 PM
I like the idea.
Since when did Dr. Mario get electric attacks? He had them in Melee.
It works fine with Mr. L.
I wasn't saying i didnt like it. I was just correcting him :v
Quote from: TurboChaos on December 23, 2013, 11:16:57 PM
Well he called himself the Green Thunder, and in M&LSS Luigi used a move known as the Thunder Hand, so I guess it makes since.
Well those are different game series, but still, yeah i know. It fits i guess. Tho Not for 1 costume slot. Still, it's pretty cool
If it's possible, can you change the color of Sonic's spindash and homing attack?
Quote from: SwingSet on December 24, 2013, 06:54:04 PM
If it's possible, can you change the color of Sonic's spindash and homing attack?
I experimented with that.
Changing the color of a REFF effect is a [censored]. .-.
I can never get it.
streaming streaming some progress on the shadow PM 3.0 unoffical alt.
http://www.twitch.tv/sonicbrawler (http://www.twitch.tv/sonicbrawler)
Is a Paper Mario Alt possible?
That's unfortunate.
I hope nintendo adds him as a playable character in smash 4.
Yah Mr. L didn't actually have electric attacks, but he did have this giant machine called Brobot which probably runs on electricity...so there's your reason? lol
Can you do a Shadow Mario alt? Like maybe give him different effects to reflect on how there was different kinds of goop in SMS, there was a fire one, an electric one, and different colors, so maybe some dark effects in some attacks, fire on others and electricity and ice in more? And with this model? http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26705 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26705)
I actually did edit the model because I made the eyewhite texture become normalized so it would revolve around the camera like the rest of him.
Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on January 05, 2014, 11:02:45 PMCan you do a Shadow Mario alt? Like maybe give him different effects to reflect on how there was different kinds of goop in SMS, there was a fire one, an electric one, and different colors, so maybe some dark effects in some attacks, fire on others and electricity and ice in more? And with this model? http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26705 (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=26705)
I actually did edit the model because I made the eyewhite texture become normalized so it would revolve around the camera like the rest of him.
Shadow Mario is technically Bowser Jr. So no.
So, I made a new alt (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=36248) that is made for PM, so i thought I should post it here.
I will be possible a SMBZ Mario Alt.?
Could you possibly make a tutorial on this?
Quote from: 133Death on May 04, 2014, 05:21:02 AM
Could you possibly make a tutorial on this?
Nice Necro. :v
If you would have read the first page, I clearly stated how to make your own Alt effects.
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on December 20, 2013, 04:53:06 PMIf you want an effect that's slot specific, then this is the coding you need to do:
If Compare: LA-Basic[54] == *Costume slot*
*Alt's coding*
Else
*Normal coding*
EndIf
For the costume slot, use Scalar as the variable and the number from the pac/pcs that you want to use.
Ex: For my Mega Charizard X, the Turquoise Charizard slot is FitPokeLizardon05.pac/.pcs, so I would use 5 as my variable for the If Compare command.
Take note that making any edits to the PSA file will make it unsafe for Wifi, unless you and your friend(s) have the edited FitChar.pac file.
Well since this got necro'd, I might as well say this now.
KJP, version 5 of Fire/Ice Mario freezes whenever you pick the blue slot. The same is probably the case for 6, 7 and 8, too.
Scratch that, NONE of the Ice Mario versions work. Fire Mario works just fine, but Ice Mario always causes a freeze. (How fitting.)
It'll immediately hang up on the CSS as soon as the picture changes. I've had this to happen in Theytah's build of PM and even in a normal build now.
Any idea what's up? Just so you know ahead of time, I haven't changed anything. I just put the stuff where it needed to go and went from there.
Edit: Found the problem. The PSA is just fine. It's actually the texture that came with it that kept freezing up everything. Something seems to be wrong with it.
Anyway, I just made my own to go with it, so it's all good now. Nice job, by the way.
INCOMING REQUESTS:
Fierce Deity Link?
Deku Toon Link?
Something sick with Game & Watch? (that'd be awesome)
Melee Ganon?
Old Snake? (MGS4/MGS5 Snake)
Big Boss? (MGS3 Snake)
Classic Sonic?
Star Fox Assault: Fox, Falco, and Wolf?
Sorry if that's a lot. Just thought I'd pitch some ideas..
Quote from: kanjaroo on May 25, 2014, 04:20:54 AM
INCOMING REQUESTS:
Fierce Deity Link?
Deku Toon Link?
Something sick with Game & Watch? (that'd be awesome)
Melee Ganon?
Old Snake? (MGS4/MGS5 Snake)
Big Boss? (MGS3 Snake)
Classic Sonic?
Star Fox Assault: Fox, Falco, and Wolf?
Sorry if that's a lot. Just thought I'd pitch some ideas..
I'm no longer doing unofficial P:M Alts.
But even if I still did, I wouldn't be able to take those requests, since the Alts I do are more like effects, rather than costumes themselves.
So I'll be locking this thread now (which is something I should have done a while ago).