Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Justin712

#1
Quote from: DarkPika on April 10, 2013, 08:04:19 PM

XSI crashes with almost everything I do in it :/

unless that's what the mod is for <_<
(or if the mod is for removing the 30day trial, then I have that)

Have you tried it recently? It's actually not called XSI any more now that Autodesk picked it up. They renamed it to the name of the company they bought it from, which is weird, but whatever. You're right, it did have a real problem with crashing before, but it works great now in my opinion.

EDIT: Yowch. Spam huh? Alright, sorry if I made us get a bit off-topic.
#2
Quote from: DarkPika on April 10, 2013, 07:27:16 PM

blender26's GUI is at least a little more organized and well structured...

Is it? I've never compared the two. If I had to stop using 3ds Max and Maya I'd still probably sooner go for an alternative like the Softimage Mod Tool though. In the end I suppose it doesn't matter since you can achieve the same results on all of 'em, but for me Blender seems to make the process much more difficult.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 10, 2013, 06:43:36 PM
LOL inb4argument

That was actually very civil  :laugh:
#3
Quote from: KnightMario on April 10, 2013, 12:37:23 PM
I've only been able to use blender, what's the max interface like?

You ought to try it. The different selects like "polygon" and "vertex" are all in one nice neat little window, and it doesn't force you to memorize the shortcut keys right away like Blender does. And guess what? Left click ACTUALLY left clicks! Right out of the box. Who'd have thought.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
#4
Quote from: Rufure on April 10, 2013, 12:20:15 AM


Blender... Yeah, not my best experience there.

Agreed. That user interface is a nightmare.

Quote from: Rufure on April 10, 2013, 12:20:15 AM

Not sure how the whole 'student version' works.

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=register

It's either free for four years or free forever, I'm actually not sure. You could always sign up for another anyway. :laugh:
#5
Neat! Grats, BlackJax! Brawl modding'd be nowhere without ya! :laugh:
#6
Model Imports / Re: [General] Custom made models
April 06, 2013, 05:58:09 AM
You ought to look up a pelt mapping tutorial. Makes everything sooo much easier. I use it on everything!
#7
Quote from: tryingtoimport on November 10, 2011, 08:39:54 PM
BTW, is there a video guide for how to do this anywhere?

Soon, very soon. Really. :srs:

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on November 11, 2011, 03:08:33 AM
A video guide? Sweet! I look forward to seeing that. :)

Yeah, it's sorta meshing into the rigging tutorial. I want it to be a "from 3ds max to Brawl" video instead, covering the basics of rigging at the same time.
#8
Help / Re: Having a Size-Mod problem...
November 06, 2011, 12:27:15 AM
Quote from: Sorceress on November 05, 2011, 01:46:36 AM
Maybe try a different method?...

Yes, do that. Edit the DAE with notepad++ and change the node name.
#9
Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 05, 2011, 12:22:48 AM
there might be something more you have to do that I'm forgetting.

Pretty much covers it, just one thing. That problem could also be caused by having the texture set to something else other than CMPR without palettes. If you see that his texture data is set to CI8 or something, then you have to re-import the texture as CMPR.

Quote from: Katakiri on November 05, 2011, 03:27:22 AM
That got rid of the lag but the textures are still glitching out in-game.

See above.

@Segtendo You need to set each polygon to their right material. Brawlbox automatically sets them all to the same material at the start, which appears to be his shoes or something in this case. Expand the mdl0, expand objects, go through each polygon and set the material to different ones until he looks right.

If he's only got one object then you've got a bigger problem.

Also that video will be up by the end of Tuesday, when I'll actually have more time. Sorry :laugh:
#10
Help / Re: Having a Size-Mod problem...
November 04, 2011, 11:06:49 PM
Are you renaming the bone in brawlbox, the DAE, or 3ds max?
#11
Help / Re: Having a Size-Mod problem...
November 04, 2011, 05:07:23 AM
If it freezes and crashes Brawlbox then there's no hope for that specific file. I think you ought to just try again since it probably just got corrupted somewhere along the way. I know when I'm replacing the shaders or the materials of my models I have to replace them one at a time, save, close brawlbox, and re-open it for each one or the mdl0 will do exactly what you're describing.
#12
No problem. You ought to be thanking ds22 though, cause that is an awesome fix :laugh:

Nice job, man!

Quote from: DSX8 on November 02, 2011, 06:36:11 AM
if u want to look at it justin, i'll send u the file

Please do :)
#13
Quote from: Tempo_ on November 02, 2011, 06:23:01 AM
If you don't mind, would you explain this in more detail? Like, how should I do this?

Like this:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
#14
Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 01, 2011, 11:39:19 PM
The lighting is built in local space while they're still on their face, you're right. I need to either change the lighting to build in world space... somehow, or build the lighting based on the axes... somehow. :srs:

Well, no rush. I'll include the fix in my video tutorial anyway. It's actually not as hard to do as it looks :laugh:
#15
Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 01, 2011, 11:16:56 PM
I've made many performance upgrades (daes import faster now and will import with any system language) and fixes to reduce the overall filesize.

Nice work! Although, I'd like to point out a problem I'm having with Brawlbox. Maybe it's just for this model, but the ambient light gets built wrong on import. Here's the example:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The reason I think it's doing this is because Brawlbox builds the ambient lighting of the character while they're flat on their face before reading whether there's an axis conversion needed. The result is the character's entire front being dark. I made my own fix for this problem already in 3ds max, seen here:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The result is the ambient lighting being built correctly:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's odd, though, since this only occurs for things that did not come directly from brawl. For example, if I import Ike into 3ds max, model a hat for him, and re-import it, only the hat will have bad ambient lighting. :srs: