Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 31, 2011, 11:40:45 PM #6375 Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 04:27:04 AM by Vyse
I made an interesting find right now =-=

If you export a DAE of anything with a "toon" texture over it that has to be turned off, then import that dae into brawlbox to replace the current model that you just exported, when you preview the model the 'toon' texture will be gone :)

Not sure if that's a useful find or not, but it is an interesting one...

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on October 31, 2011, 10:15:58 PM
Unless your luck is bad like mine. :(

Your luck? Try my luck :l
I've had a hard enough time getting ONE model to IMPORT into 3DS Max! However I do have some good news.

Kisame says hai

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Now to follow justins tutorial about eight hundred times before I finally get it right like everyone else...
And then follow BJ's tutorial about nine hundred times and then to make the psa  :>.>:

Vyse edit: double post merged

November 01, 2011, 02:50:20 AM #6376 Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 02:55:22 AM by §uper Ӄit ßallarɖ
@ds22: Wow that's interesting! I opened Venustoise in my BB fine, whiuch is why I exported it to be downloadable. Kinda odd.

@seggy: That's not My model persay. that one's credit belongs to RTB

edit: I also have a "Stupefied" version of BJ's tutorial. It's generally the exact same thing, but I only used an SMD file instead of a MMD file.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



@Kit
Oh. I thought it was your's cuz it was in your thread :P
Guess I didn't read the fine print.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Couple of questions about rigging in 3DS Max
1: If I delete any bones in the original character (Say Link or zelda) and have that character imported over to the same character that the bones from brawl belonged to. Would that cause any problems with psa/lag etc?
2: Can anyone make a stupified tutorial on rigging models to brawl skeletons as well 0-0 pretty please? *puppydog eyes of cuteness and begging*

Well its probably a bit simpler but when the tutorial says to click on the wrench, instead select the bone you want to attach to points and click paint weights directly below the wrench. Its easier to understand but more difficult to get everything working right. Basically it'll just let you paint over what vertices you want to attach to that bone. Left click to add paint, alt+left click to take away paint.
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

I'm wondering if I should just wait for a bone ripping/inserting tool to be made. lol

I've made many performance upgrades (daes import faster now and will import with any system language) and fixes to reduce the overall filesize.

I almost have the tristripper working, so I think I'll release v0.65b when it, the object importer, and the object rebuilder work.

The object rebuilder will rebuild an object if:
- you edit the bone tree
- you add texture matrices manually
- there's an alignment error
- you change its color node

You can also view all the influences other than just the single bind that influence an object now, if you want to for some reason lol.


November 01, 2011, 11:34:46 PM #6383 Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 11:37:11 PM by Justin712
Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 01, 2011, 11:16:56 PM
I've made many performance upgrades (daes import faster now and will import with any system language) and fixes to reduce the overall filesize.

Nice work! Although, I'd like to point out a problem I'm having with Brawlbox. Maybe it's just for this model, but the ambient light gets built wrong on import. Here's the example:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The reason I think it's doing this is because Brawlbox builds the ambient lighting of the character while they're flat on their face before reading whether there's an axis conversion needed. The result is the character's entire front being dark. I made my own fix for this problem already in 3ds max, seen here:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The result is the ambient lighting being built correctly:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's odd, though, since this only occurs for things that did not come directly from brawl. For example, if I import Ike into 3ds max, model a hat for him, and re-import it, only the hat will have bad ambient lighting. :srs:
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

Quote from: Justin712 on November 01, 2011, 11:34:46 PM
Nice work! Although, I'd like to point out a problem I'm having with Brawlbox. Maybe it's just for this model, but the ambient light gets built wrong on import. Here's the example:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The reason I think it's doing this is because Brawlbox builds the ambient lighting of the character while they're flat on their face before reading whether there's an axis conversion needed. The result is the character's entire front being dark. I made my own fix for this problem already in 3ds max, seen here:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The result is the ambient lighting being built correctly:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


It's odd, though, since this only occurs for things that did not come directly from brawl. For example, if I import Ike into 3ds max, model a hat for him, and re-import it, only the hat will have bad ambient lighting. :srs:

The lighting is built in local space while they're still on their face, you're right. I need to either change the lighting to build in world space... somehow, or build the lighting based on the axes... somehow. :srs:

Can you please have the .dae exporter of BB support V11 Mdl0's?

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 01, 2011, 11:44:58 PM
Can you please have the .dae exporter of BB support V11 Mdl0's?

It does. Expand the model and preview it before exporting as dae.

In v0.65b I fixed this problem, but just do that for now.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on November 01, 2011, 11:39:19 PM
The lighting is built in local space while they're still on their face, you're right. I need to either change the lighting to build in world space... somehow, or build the lighting based on the axes... somehow. :srs:

Well, no rush. I'll include the fix in my video tutorial anyway. It's actually not as hard to do as it looks :laugh:
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

But SOMETHING is causing this mdl0 to NOT show up correctly in 3DS Max.
This is unported, but porting it doesn't make a difference. :/
http://www.mediafire.com/?im57ttzwm2tuwtz

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on November 02, 2011, 12:02:12 AM
But SOMETHING is causing this mdl0 to NOT show up correctly in 3DS Max.
This is unported, but porting it doesn't make a difference. :/
http://www.mediafire.com/?im57ttzwm2tuwtz



Worked for me. I just changed the unit conversion to scale the model by 10 when I imported it.