Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - SuperBarrio

#1
A more accurate preview may look something like this...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I'm not happy with the face, but I'll be damned if I have the skills to make it look any better!

I maintain that the jacket is too long to animate well, but I've given him what he wants! I am utterly awful at modeling humans.
#2
Model Imports / Re: Quick Simple Questions
November 02, 2012, 08:13:54 AM
Ah, then I stand corrected! The level of texture thing is something one of my producers told me, though to be fair she is often wrong about everything.

...Time for me to play with Specular maps!
#3
Model Imports / Re: Quick Simple Questions
November 01, 2012, 09:31:52 AM
Sorry to bump this - but I found that Xbox 360 portal robots lagged the game at 25,000 -and I think he average is 8 to 10 thousand.

I could be wrong, but these are he numbers in my head.

There is no hard limit, but the game will lag if it gets to be too much.

The wii only supports one level of textures so bump is out, and I belive any shine you see is a material/shader - so specular mapping wont work.

I had trouble toying with it at first, but the key is to reign your models in a bit, and you shouldnt have much problem.
#4
Exactly! So would be perfect for various electric based pairs! Shouldn't be left out of ze list!
#5
Noticing a lack of Ice Climbers on the front page :P


Scratch that - Quite a few missing! Prehaps we could encourage people to knock out some 'mons on the missing ones!
#6
See your personal messages,  Tokoyami

(By this point you all ready have, not the point)
#7
Model Imports / Re: PokeBrawl
December 27, 2011, 10:24:42 AM
While it is in progress and I'm looking to learn to rig or find someone that will, I've modeld Tornadus, Landorus and Thundurs myself in an effort to get a nice version of them in brawl.
#8
And here they are. Finished! Ready for anyone who wishes to take it on to rig them and import them into brawl over mr.Ganondorf.



Apart from a few issues with Torna.... The green one... I am quite happy with these! Pity I'm not a ganondorf fan..
#9
I realise there are rules againt 'Necro Posting' and that I've probably jsut violated all of them - but I thoguht I'd atleast post a new reply so that those itnerested could see the progress!

One down! - Anybody want to try rigging it? Should fit neatly over ganondorf! (and I'm happy to stick in some more edge loops to make it distort better with the bones.)
#10
Any and all game engines and 3D programs tend to only like 8 x 8's, so I suspected as much (256's - woo!)

Thanks for the help
#11
Help / What to do about the textures? Model importing.
December 21, 2011, 11:34:40 AM
I've been creating a model in an attempt to get a completely hand made model into brawl (A test which would be followed with more interesting models) and had a question about the textures.

My intention is to have three texture maps for the character – Body, head and other bits – kept small so not to exceed any file sizes.

Now, here is my question.

Should I:

a) Lay out the UV's in such a way that I end up with identical textures to Ganondorf in terms of amount of files and individual file shape and size.

OR

b) do it as I please, but make sure to keep the file size equal or lower to that of Ganondorf.

(Side note, its going over Ganondorf.)

For instance, if Ganondorf had 6 textures (or however many he has) that are 256 x 256, and I create only 3 that where 256 x 256 – would this be a problem for model importing?
#12
Ok, updated the first post with renders - all neatly renderd. Currently the colours assigned to polys so its time for UV Mapping (yay.)

The pokepark models do look really nice, and after doing it, I think I SHOULD have stolen the hula hoopey bits.. and maybe the hair clouds, as they are a bit.. awkward, but as I said, quality!

And consdiering the high quality of your work Sonfernnape (And your good taste thus far :P) I'd be happy to hand them over to you when they're done to rig!  Expect to be bombarded by creepy genies one day!

Though my texturing isn't my strongest area, At the very least I can do a simple job and wait for someone to redo it!
#13
Just to note - as I said in my original post, I've not got to the stage that I can import these models, or even rig them.

These where all renderd from Maya2008 - a 3D package. so don't worry, I'm not just hoarding them, Agent-s.
#14
Quote from: SuperBarrio on November 24, 2011, 11:50:56 AMAnd I'd appreciate not being asked to do requests, I am happy to do something if it is popular, but I don't really want to end up asked to make every boring turd that was ever created. But if you have an interesting (Nintendo) character you'd like to put forward, feel free! I can only tell you you're stupid and unloved.
#15
I assumed that the models would have their arms crossed, but mainly I just wanted to try moddeling soemthing for myself and see how well it imported - I had hoped to do it more 'Brawl' like - giving more control over the edge loops to allow it to bend better and meaning I can texture it a bit nicer!

The three in one was icing on the cake, with Ganondorf having 6 slots and each pokemon having a basic and shiney colour, it meant it fits perfectly!

Anyway, to summarise: Quick test - I wanted something I was happy to do wrong.