Quote from: Gamidame_K on March 15, 2016, 01:51:46 AMThanks a lot :) I'm working on some recolors and finding any errors in the rig at this point
This Cell is coming out better than what I expected, great job so far!
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Show posts MenuQuote from: Gamidame_K on March 15, 2016, 01:51:46 AMThanks a lot :) I'm working on some recolors and finding any errors in the rig at this point
This Cell is coming out better than what I expected, great job so far!
Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on March 04, 2016, 12:13:03 AMWell at the moment i only have the resources for the wind waker style shading. I mean nothing's set in stone yet, so i may very well abandon the idea if i don't like it
Okay then, as for the Cell-Shading it's a tricky decision as there's kind of a split opinion on Cell-Shaded DBZ Imports vs Brawl/Detailed DBZ Imports. Personally I prefer the detailed imports, but there are cell-shaded imports that just look pretty good, out of place compared to Brawl but look good by itself.
By cell-shaded do you mean solid color textures with outlines, or do you mean having a Wind Waker style of shading where it's solid colors but there is a "shine" effect that has kind of drastic shading?
Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on March 04, 2016, 12:05:10 AMNah, they're all set to linear. I think the problem lies in my amateur photoshop skills lol
Is the shading smooth in the textures itself. If it's smooth in the textures but pixelated on the models then I think I know what's wrong.
Look at the texture reference in the material, does it have MinFilter and MagFilter set to Nearest instead of Linear? If it's set to Nearest then there's your problem as that makes the texture sharply-pixelated regardless of it's size. It's pretty helpful if you want to make a Minecraft import as it will allow you to use the original texture and not have it blurry. lol
Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on March 03, 2016, 09:00:27 PMAlright, well I might as well 86 the expressions XP His mouth opens, so that's good enough for me. Also, I've decided to go with the original textures with minimal editing for him. I've combined a good amount of them, but I can't seem to get any kind of shading to look good. It always comes out pixelated and has color banding. It just didn't look good. And if i do give him cel shading, i think i would be satisfied with it. It looks cool in Xenoverse, and although that game uses much different shaders and materials, I'm hoping it has a similar feel in Brawl
But the face looks normal right? Just off to the side? It might be something to do with the order of your modifies.
One important thing I forgot to mention is that you need all of the VertexNodes for it to work, even if you don't want a face to change in an expression (like say don't do anything for Captain Falcon's blink expression since it's not used like a normal blink expression) duplicate the main VertexNode and rename it. If you don't have all of the vertex sets, or if a VertexNode has a different number of vertices, that polygon will explode ingame, believe it causes an error in BB when viewing an animation that uses that VertexNode, and might crash in game. Don't remember but I know for a fact that it'll explode if it doesn't crash the game. That's also why I said it'd be more effort to add expressions for Cell as the other Captain Falcon models would have their faces explode from trying to load a VertexNode they don't have.
Quote from: Large Leader on March 03, 2016, 03:28:53 AMYeah, it's making his node count in the 500s. At this point I'm starting to care less, seeing as the node count on the old version was much higher than this version and even that had no lag until putting 4 of him onscreen.
Skin wrap makes nodecount really high. Just watch out for it.
Quote from: CaliKingz01 on March 02, 2016, 09:08:10 PM
I think you can give any character Final Smash eyes But you will need to code that in his moveset
Quote from: StupidMarioFan1 on March 02, 2016, 09:20:50 PMAlright, well no sense in losing my mind over FS eyes lol as for the expressions, there's a vertex morph tutorial I read that gave me a pretty good idea. Except I would need to make the teeth, mouth, face, and head all one object (Which I could do). I could use your help with it anyway though. I do have a hurt face ready to go already since I wanted to try out the whole vertex morph idea.
Without the EyeYellowM bone it's almost impossible to give Captain Falcon FS Eyes, it might be possible but it require an insane amount of work unless we gain the ability to add the EyeYellowM bone to characters who don't have it. Don't know that much about adding FS Eyesso maybe it's easier than I'm thinking of, idk.
Captain Falcon is a tricky guy to give expressions as he uses shp0 (Vertex Morphing) and with his eyes bring covered, not much you can do without adding completely new ones that require a FitCaptainFalconMotionEtc.pac which would also ruin any other Captain Falcon model unless done correctly and is just a ton of work and not really needed unless a PSA is in mind for Cell.
You can give him a hurt expression and a "blink" one. The so called blink expression is rarely used and always uses the hurt one with it so it might not work out depending on how you want Cell's hurt face to look like.
I've been meaning to make tutorials on things like editing shp0 (Vertex Morphin) and other animation files that aren't pat0 (Texture Pattern) or srt0 (Texture Movement), as well as explaining how to give imports over characters like Link and Captain Falcon expressions since they use shp0.
For now I say just get Cell himself working and rigged as best as you can, then as a last addition you can worry about expressions, which I'm going to assume you don't know how to add expressions to characters who use shp0 so I can help you with that later.
He looks great so far by the way. :)
Quote from: CaliKingz01 on March 01, 2016, 09:30:55 PMYup, it's the Xenoverse model :) right now I only have his mouth rigged. I'm not sure if I can give captain falcon expressions (I'm guessing I can based on your question lol), but if I can, I would love to give him expressions. Also, can I give him an eye_yellow? I noticed that captain doesn't have an eye_yellow bone, so I don't know if I can.
Will he have facial expressions? Also that is the xenoverse model right?


Quote from: pikazz on February 25, 2016, 10:21:13 PMAwesome! I could dig if the KO effects were like realistic explosions, or something of the sort :P Actually now that I think about it: maybe Mega Man's KO effects from Sm4sh could be replicated somehow. Although I'm getting ahead of myself I suppose
damnit my joke was destroyed
I made it so the character has "his own respawn platform" instead for the normal one (it has a firering as the test)
together been exploring if I can change the animations on Star KO, on Respawning and replacing the effect on death on bottom/side and Star KO
Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on February 24, 2016, 09:43:35 AMI haven't rigged it yet. I started him all over from the beginning, so we'll see how he turns out after that
That's low...like...Mario Kart Wii low...how does the rig look?
Quote from: Nanobuds on February 20, 2016, 03:21:45 PMwell then it's a good thing I haven't rigged my 2nd attempt yet then :P
Facepoint count will usually "reset" if you export it as a .obj, and then re-import it. You will have to re-rig though.
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on February 19, 2016, 01:05:57 AMyeah, I'm having the same issue. But I can't really cut out too much more without losing needed geometry/shape
Okay. I'll run a test DAE through BB and check it out. Thanks, mate.
Edit: [censored]. 23132 facepoints.
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 12 queries.