Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - libertyernie

#1
Quote from: JohnTravolski on December 16, 2017, 06:18:06 AM
Sorry, I know it's been a while, but just curious to hear if you've fixed it yet.  Hope things are still going well for you!
Try version 2.1.0:
https://github.com/libertyernie/LoopingAudioConverter/releases
#2
Help / Re: A mu_menumain.pac Issue
December 08, 2017, 05:21:24 PM
Try making a folder /private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2 (note that there's no slash between pf and menu2.) This is just for mu_menumain, not any other files.
#3
Quoting old versions 7.0 and 8.0 here in case anyone is looking for them later.

Quote from: libertyernie on February 12, 2011, 09:11:29 PM
Classic Expansion Pack 8.0s - June 26, 2016 - for vBrawl

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Classic Expansion Pack 7.0s - August 30, 2015 - for vBrawl

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Or, if you want the framework to put your own stages in for PM 3.6 final, you can use this stage expansion template.
#4
I found this page, but it's Modset 4.2 - is that close enough?
https://code.google.com/archive/p/brawldev/downloads
#5
I think it might be a good time to make an update to this pack.

It looks like not many of the stages have been updated recently, but there are some Wii U imports from Edwguard Flows that I don't have yet (Battlefield Smash U regular and omega, Norfair omega, and the omega versions of the 3 N64 stages.) And there's also a new version of Flat Zone from davidvkimball, ɴᴇᴢʜᴀ, and WorseDoughnut.

Any I missed?

I'm also thinking I might make a version that only includes stages with no big differences from the original (for example, the missing bumper in Peach's Castle 64, the gravity differences on Mario Galaxy, or the different background on Venom.)
#6
Quote from: FGUG2021 on February 11, 2017, 09:27:00 PM
does anyone have the original Classic Stage Expansion 6.5s for Project M 3.5, and the Project M 3.02 expansion build with the SSE Stages?
Hopefully these are the right links.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tb6gqdvxzfx30rk/Classic_Expansion_Pack_6.5m_r1.7z.exe
#7
Quote from: JohnTravolski on July 27, 2017, 10:50:40 PM
Thanks for updating the link, can't wait to try the new version out!

Also, thanks for taking a look at the file.  I honestly don't know what to do about it, nor do I know anybody else who might be able to get the sounds out of it.  If you're unable to determine what's wrong, do you know anybody else who might know what to do about it?

EDIT:

I have tested out Looping Audio Converter 2.0.0, and I have run into an issue.  Albeit, it is just a minor annoyance, but I don't quite understand why it's happening.  Whenever I choose "Save Options," a .ini file is created as expected.  When I start Looping Audio Converter back up, the settings are loaded as expected.  So it's functionally just fine.  However, upon bootup of Looping Audio Conveter, every single time I receive this message:

http://prntscr.com/g6espb

If I delete the .ini file, I no longer receive the message.  I never had this problem with Looping Audio Conveter 1.3.  Once again, it's just a minor annoyance, but it does happen EVERY single time I start it up.

I found the issue - it's the dropdown next to the format box where you can choose the RSTM encoding (ADPCM, PCM16, or PCM8.) It'll be fixed in the next version.
#8
Quote from: JohnTravolski on July 24, 2017, 07:11:22 PM
I also cannot access the page, so I can't download Looping Audio Converter 2.0 either.

Oops. I'll fix the link.

QuoteAlso, I have a question.  I'm trying to extract the sounds from this .brsar file, but it seems like BrawlBox cannot do it.  Is there any way to get the sounds out of this .brsar archive file with BrawlBox or any other tool?

I can take a look later, but I don't know very much about brsar.
#9
Programming / Re: libertyernie: Stage Manager 3.9
July 20, 2017, 02:29:45 PM
Another version of Looping Audio Converter is up. This one uses VGAudio instead of BrawlLib for encoding, which lets it support more formats.

https://github.com/libertyernie/LoopingAudioConverter/releases/tag/v2.0.0rc1

https://github.com/libertyernie/LoopingAudioConverter/releases/tag/2.0.0rc1
#10
Programming / Re: libertyernie: Stage Manager 3.9
June 21, 2017, 12:55:30 PM
Version 3.9 of Stage Manager (and related apps) posted.

Changes in 3.9:
  * BrawlLib has been updated, which might fix some bugs.
  * (Stage Manager) Improved I4 vs. IA4 detection when importing MenSelchrMark or MenSelmapMark images.
  * (Stage Manager) When adding PAT0s, you can now choose not to add the corresponding TEX0s.
  * The "default" Custom SSS code is now correct.
  * (Stage Manager) Fixed a bug in name entry for the random stage select screen.
  * The software will now look for a LegacyTE or LegacyXP folder (just like it looks for a projectm folder.)
  * (Stage Manager) Stage Manager can now read the Tracklist Modifier and Stage-Track Dependent Song Loader codes and use them to show the correct songs for each stage.
  * (Stage Manager) Drag-and-drop targets have been added to replace individual sections of a Legacy TE stage preview.
#11
I posted a new test version of LoopingAudioConverter. This has everything in 1.3.3, plus:

* vgmstream, lame, and BrawlLib updated
* AAC encoding support added (requires Windows + iTunes)
* A couple of fixes for running under Mono

https://github.com/libertyernie/LoopingAudioConverter/releases/tag/v1.4.1rc1
#12
Programming / Re: BrawlBox v0.78
March 15, 2017, 03:38:43 AM
Quote from: Platinum Lucario on March 14, 2017, 02:35:15 PM
I'm pretty sure the same thing that you did to RSTM is identical to the problem that FSTM has. But as for CSTM, it doesn't have any clicking noise, so it doesn't seem to have any issue in it's encoding.

I just need to find where the code is for encoding CSTMs and FSTMs, then I'll experiment around with them and see if I can fix the issue.
BrawlLib actually just encodes RSTMs. For CSTM and FSTM, it converts to RSTM when it loads it, and converts from RSTM when it saves. Hopefully the fix will fix FSTMs too (and not break CSTMs.)
#13
Programming / Re: BrawlBox v0.78
March 14, 2017, 01:35:41 AM
I found the issue - should be fixed in the next release. It only kicks in when your sound card is using OpenAL (this would include anyone running it on Unix with Mono, I think.) I've got a workaround that is a little confusing to me but it seems to work OK.

The RSTM artifacts issue will be fixed too. Not sure about CSTM/FSTM.
#14
Programming / Re: BrawlBox v0.78
March 13, 2017, 02:09:27 AM
I think this commit is to blame for the clicking sounds in RSTM playback. It was intended to fix something with the encoding, but I think the decoding needs to be updated now. I don't know why the memory usage would be so high, though.

https://github.com/libertyernie/brawltools/commit/9eee52703df7d9967f2bc5a369c3536c0e602993

Also, I'm surprised that CSTM and FSTM would be the same, since I added a field at the beginning of a struct that wasn't there before. Someone might need to take a look at the code and see if they can get it working.

ficion: Are you on Windows?
#15
Thanks! I'll update the ADPCM structures to add the gain field at the beginning and see how it goes.

EDIT: OK, try the final version of 0.78 I just posted. (Don't be surprised if there's a hotfix later on.)

Note: you can't update from 0.78rc1 automatically because the updater unzips it to the Lib folder instead of the main folder. Just download it manually and unzip it yourself, and then you should be OK. Updating from 0.77 works except that you have to delete a few files yourself.