Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Velen

#1
Not bad. I like the model. Did you make it from scratch?
#3
Help / Re: Bump mapping and specular mapping
May 10, 2016, 07:52:21 AM
Brawl's game engine can't process normal maps, as they aren't used anywhere in the game. The closest thing to bumps in the game are the specular textures that that characters like Samus and Captain Falcon use.
#4
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
March 22, 2016, 02:06:38 PM
Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on March 22, 2016, 08:09:04 AM
I like this. Not even sure what it is yet, but it is looking smooth.

Lissa from Fire Emblem Awakening.
#5
Quote from: Nanobuds on February 24, 2016, 11:04:49 PM
Soon™



I'm gonna sound dumb for this, but... Mind looking at my old Other M Timeline Fusion Suit concept?
#6
Attacks and Animations / Re: Cali Kingz Projects
February 25, 2016, 03:17:36 PM
I dunno what all you have planned for Bass's moveset, but can I make some suggestions?

Namely that you take some attacks from other sources in the Classic series? Like say, the kick attack he can do in the fighting game vs mode from Mega Man 7 for his Forward Air or U-Smash, for example?
#7
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
February 23, 2016, 12:14:44 AM
Now THAT ladies and gentleman, is how you do a specular map.
#8
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on February 22, 2016, 12:16:07 AM
Certain characters in the Wii U version have a grayscaled texture for their hair and use materials for the color.

I honestly find that surprising, but then again, it makes changing things like hair color easy...
#9
Quote from: KingJigglypuff on February 20, 2016, 08:21:00 PM
Once the Wii U exploit is pubic, what I want to do is make every character at least viable and not trash. I'll be leaving higher tier characters alone, unless they have something blatantly broken or something I want to adjust.

So... basically the Project M mentality for balancing?
#10
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
February 18, 2016, 09:04:34 PM
Quote from: Mareeo 64 on February 18, 2016, 04:48:54 PM
Alright, now i get the basic idea. I'll mess with it a bit and see good ways to go about it from tutorials

EDIT: not sure why facepoints is still through the roof


How many edge loops did you remove?
#11
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
February 18, 2016, 03:55:05 PM
Quote from: Mareeo 64 on February 18, 2016, 03:11:13 PM
Alright, so would that be the quadrify mesh modifier? And what would I do for the edge loops part?

Quadrify's proper name is "Quadrangulate"

Depending on the model's topology though, it may or may not work very well. Only thing to do is give it a shot.
#12
Attacks and Animations / Re: Cali Kingz Projects
February 17, 2016, 05:34:04 AM
I'm gonna be honest. You need to add more follow-through to most of your animations.
#13
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
February 05, 2016, 12:42:16 AM
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on February 04, 2016, 09:31:34 PM
Shine looks great.

But Cell is DYING for a texture makeover.

And replacing the vanilla metal shine with a new remade one.
#14
Quote from: 白三 on February 03, 2016, 10:12:26 PM
Personal grudges are absolutely dismissible in the current situation and it's just annoying to bring those up.

Sorry Vel, but you did not contribute a whole lot to the discussion with the way you've put things.

You mean putting it in a way that isn't being forthwith about how it is / was? At least as I saw it from my point of view?

I've long since gotten over my grudge for the PMDT in general, Ricky. I was just citing a certain example personally experienced by me in the past, and I'm past that too.

-and to be honest, I don't feel like there is much more that I can add that hasn't already been said: Nanobuds & co. believe their wishes should be respected by not having the P:M resources and files made by team members posted on the Vault. KC:MM staff believe they should be released and have been trying to extend (to an extent) an olive branch (from my understanding) to facilitate that happening. Besides, if it wasn't clear from earlier, that "discussion" was mainly going in circles, in no small part because the other people popping up to join in were literally echoing each other throughout.

Besides, understanding how we got here to begin with is important.

#15
I know you said you didn't want me to post here Mia, but to be honest, even after reading a lot of this [censored] storm... I can't even find it within myself to get mad over this. At all. *Sigh.*

I'm going to be blunt with everyone here: [censored]ty things have happened between the KC:MM staff and the former PMDT Devs in the past. Certain kinds of perceptions by people on both sides doesn't really help with trying to have a civil discussion either. Like finding out that someone you respected saying nasty stuff about you behind your back and not even having the courage to face you when called out. You know who you are, and I'm not taking that thread any further here.

The fact remains, and the biggest source of conflict for the longest time between KC:MM staff and the P:M Devs, was the idea of publicly releasing the resources of builds of P:M before development was ceased. The idea behind this was that publicly releasing these resources would benefit the community by allowing things to be done that weren't possible with what the community had at the time.

It's never been a matter of feeling entitled to those resources, that's pure nonsense.

It's always been about that a lot of people here on KC:MM wanted those resources to further modding to new heights, like with what happened with vertexing, and then PSA, and followed thereafter by model importing, thanks to BlackJax.

We're not entitled to them and never have been, but the refusal on part of the devs (usually with saying they wouldn't release those resources probably until P:M hit Gold if I remember correctly) from the very beginning made some of us feel like the PMDT and it's dev team were purposefully leaving us in the dust to rot, for no apparent reason that we could find.