Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Kirby the Hedgie

#1
Hello, I am currently having an issue when I press the play button but it sends me back to the Wii Menu instead, I have everything in the correct directory. Could someone help me with this issue?
#2
Hey guys, me again, I was just wondering if you guys fixed the HUD issue for vBrawl. I haven't been on The Vault for a while.
#3
Quote from: Taiko on April 15, 2014, 02:46:02 AM
A few questions for people experiencing freezes with the HUD:
- What kinds of mods are you running? Model imports, or simply textures?
- NTSC or PAL?
- Have you modified the HUD files in any way?
- Project M, Brawl, or some other Brawl code-set?
- Are you running BrawlEx?

Thanks for any answers, it'll help us narrow down what could be causing the issues.

-I'm using NTSC
-I use mostly character textures (mostly Smash 3), one custom model (Sonic Boom Sonic by KTH) and an expanded Green Hill Stage.
-I'm using regular Brawl
#4
Quote from: LeNNoN on April 10, 2014, 02:02:31 AM
hey guys i need help becasue the screen freeze after the LOADING ? whats wrong?
If its because of the HUD then we know already, they're fixing the problem.
#5
Project Concepts / Kirby Standalone Hats
April 08, 2014, 02:34:14 AM
Hello everyone. I just want to cut to the chase here, I'm working on a project to make "standalone" Kirby Hats where Kirby will have all the playable characters hats (as separate .pac and .pcs files) at the start of a match without having to inhale them (assuming you don't want to use their ability you copied). I will be making a separate pack soon after the release of the regular pack where the Kirby Hats will have PSA movesets based off the character hat that they have (the hats will have the characters regular B-Moves but everything else will not be a copy and paste of the original characters moveset). The release for this is unknown though since I probably wont be done until after Smash 4 releases and by that time either everyone will have moved on to Smash 4 hacking or there will still be a lot of hacks for Brawl but I think the chances of the latter happening are slim due to how fast people found out how to hack Brawl when it was released. I'm still looking for help on the project. I do hope to gain help from the A-list creators on the Vault but I think I'm aiming a bit too high. I know you've probably seen me around a lot on the Help section of the forum but I got to learn a few new things about BrawlBox while spending some time with it. If someone does happen to help me and they have a copy of 3DS Max, that would help a lot too. I need someone who has experience with merging polygons as well (BrawlBox, 3DS Max, or both). I need a team of animators as well and someone who is experienced with Project Smash Attacks (PSA) as I plan on getting this done as I plan on this to be my first creation uploaded on the Vault.

Heres what I've done so far:
http://youtu.be/kaM228dIYsY
It's still buggy but now you hopefully have an image of what I'm trying to do.
#6
Quote from: Taiko on April 06, 2014, 06:07:37 PM
Alright, we'll look into it some more, I think I have a good idea of what's causing the issues now. We'll post up when we've updated it!

And we've also done some slight updated to Falco, his default costume no longer has a head cannon (giant headpiece) and his recolours no longer have black lipstick. If you've downloaded him previously, redownload him!
Alright, thank you for putting in some of your time to help me I really appreciate it as I plan to continue to stay tuned in with Smash 3 and other things you guys will work on, keep up the good work.:kdance:

Also I downloaded the Purple Leon Costume for Falco, (even though I did like the "black lipstick" and with the headpiece missing it'll make Falco stand out alot compared to Fox and Wolf). So I can just redownload the Purple Leon Costume and not the entire pack?
#7
Quote from: Abbi on April 06, 2014, 07:29:04 AM
Well, I use the P:M version. Everything works perfectly fine. No freezes or anything.

Weird how the P:M version works perfectly fine...

Maybe the Roy/Mewtwo CSPs/BPs got mixed into the Brawl one? Or my previous theory.

Quote from: Son of Kratos on April 06, 2014, 07:23:31 AM
Everythign worked A-ok on the first go- but did I read something about a new loading screen? Is this not in the PM build? Im curious now!

I'm using the Brawl build, if thats what you were asking.
#8
I removed the files before and started up the game and yes, it starts up after removing all of the files. I removed everything except info.pac & info_training.pac and he game still crashes.

Post Merge: April 06, 2014, 06:52:37 AM

Okay, I condensed the file size UNDER 392/394, its size is now 353KB and the game still crashes. Maybe its the combined size of some of the files (or all) since they make up part of Brawls content and the combined file size for all of the info2 files made Brawl exceed the amount of content the disc could contain? (Just a wild guess)
#9
I never though of defragging it, thanks for the tip. I'll do that right now. Sorry if I took to long to respond, I was recording some gameplay.

Post Merge: April 06, 2014, 05:24:06 AM

I defragged it and its still crashing. Im looking at my info.pac's size right now and it says 369KB
#10
For some odd reason  it still crashes after the Now Loading screen. Is there something else I can do? Also, Takio I use Windows 7. I use its regular unzip for .zips and 7zip for .rars
#11
Quote from: OmegaS3 on April 06, 2014, 03:32:44 AM
It's your Info.pac It happened to me. The info.pac can't be larger than 392 or 394kb its 396. So All I did was change the sudden death textures to cmpr and it went to 379kb and it works.

Okay, thank you for that. But how do I change the textures to CMPR? (I'm not really that experienced in BrawlBox). Do I export the textures and reinsert them as CMPR files (just a guess/assuming CMPR is a type of texture format).
#12
I don't want to be a bother, but when I downloaded the HUD (I have vBrawl/Regular Brawl) I put the Brawl HUD into my info2 folder but when I started up Brawl the game crashed after the Now Loading screen. Am I doing something wrong?
#13
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
April 03, 2014, 07:57:31 PM
Quote from: Sir Kirby the 4th on April 03, 2014, 06:14:43 PM
And then more maybe?  ;D
Sure, but I'd really appreciate some help to make things go faster (I dont want to rush this but I want to get it done ASAP, since this is my first hack I plan on uploading to The Vault) maybe you could help me?  ;D
#14
Model Imports / Re: WIP Workshop
April 03, 2014, 01:28:56 PM
Standalone Kirby Hats

Below is a preview on the Sonic Kirby Standalone I'm working on currently.



Iv'e tested it in-game a few times and there are alot of bugs, I was hoping someone could collaborate with me on making these.

UPDATE (4/3/14): I fixed most of the issues with Kirby, I had to rearrange some bones. Still a bit buggy though.




UPDATE (4/4/14): Heres a preview video of the Sonic Kirby Standalone hat. All of the bugs I'm dealing with are in the video, it would be awesome if someone could help me fix these issues, as these issues are most likely to carry onto the other Kirby Hats.

Kirby the Hedgie Showcase
#15
Help / In need of assistance. URGENT!!!!
April 02, 2014, 09:06:32 AM
Hello, me again. I'm in need of some advice on what to do here. I morphed the Sonic Kirby hat onto Kirby (its obvious what I'm doing here), and I got this result on BrawlBox: =139791372&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0]http://s65.photobucket.com/user/Kirby_Hedgeboy/media/BrawlboxScreencap0_zpseaa00a22.png.html?filters[user]=139791372&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Looks perfect right? I thought the same thing too but when I tried it out in-game(i used both .pac & .pcs files), either Brawl crashes or Kirby ends up looking like this:http://s65.photobucket.com/user/Kirby_Hedgeboy/library/Glitch?sort=3&page=1

I found A TON of other animation glitches, also when Kirby is thrown, he really glitches out and a bunch of pink fills the screen until his damage animation is over. Help would REALLY BE APPRECIATED since I plan on uploading this hack here.

Also, please only reply if you know what to do, have an idea of what the problem is, or if you could collaborate with me and help me finish this as I have some experience with Brawl Box and do not have access to the major model editing software such as 3DS Max (that would be a big help if someone could help me out  ;D). Thanks in advance.