The Smash 3 Project - Get Your DLC Early

Started by Taiko, October 01, 2013, 03:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Kirby the Hedgie on April 06, 2014, 04:14:36 AM
Okay, thank you for that. But how do I change the textures to CMPR? (I'm not really that experienced in BrawlBox). Do I export the textures and reinsert them as CMPR files (just a guess/assuming CMPR is a type of texture format).
Correct. Export both textures. Then right click on them and click replace. Re select the same texture and then when the texture comes up you will see format. Click the drop down arrow and choose cmpr. Do that for both and your done.

That's weird. If you guys don't mind me asking, what OS are you on? For us, we've been getting files no more than 388 KB after unzipping and they work fine, I'm wondering if it's the unzipping software causing a small increase in filesize for some people?

Windows 8 Toshiba. I used Bitzipper to extract.

For some odd reason  it still crashes after the Now Loading screen. Is there something else I can do? Also, Takio I use Windows 7. I use its regular unzip for .zips and 7zip for .rars
:kdance: -KTH (Kirby the Hedgie)

Quote from: Kirby the Hedgie on April 06, 2014, 04:34:53 AM
For some odd reason  it still crashes after the Now Loading screen. Is there something else I can do? Also, Takio I use Windows 7. I use its regular unzip for .zips and 7zip for .rars
Very odd. I'll look at mine.

Hmm, if it's alright with you, could you try extracting once with Bitzipper and once with the built-in Windows unzipper and comparing the filesizes? Everyone on our end seems to end up with this:


Kirby the Hedgie, that's odd, that's what we've been using too. It could possibly be that the SD card needs defragmenting?

Quote from: Taiko on April 06, 2014, 04:40:38 AM
Hmm, if it's alright with you, could you try extracting once with Bitzipper and once with the built-in Windows unzipper and comparing the filesizes? Everyone on our end seems to end up with this:


Kirby the Hedgie, that's odd, that's what we've been using too. It could possibly be that the SD card needs defragmenting?
Oops I was looking on the wrong SD card. I've just extracted it and its the same as what you posted.

April 06, 2014, 05:15:50 AM #442 Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 05:24:06 AM by Kirby the Hedgie
I never though of defragging it, thanks for the tip. I'll do that right now. Sorry if I took to long to respond, I was recording some gameplay.

Post Merge: April 06, 2014, 05:24:06 AM

I defragged it and its still crashing. Im looking at my info.pac's size right now and it says 369KB
:kdance: -KTH (Kirby the Hedgie)

It crashes at after the strap loader right? Can you try removing all of them and loading your game? If that works, try adding only info.pac and info_training.pac to your SD card. I don't have a good idea on why the files aren't working, but hopefully one of these suggestions will give us a clue.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

April 06, 2014, 05:50:22 AM #444 Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 06:52:37 AM by Kirby the Hedgie
I removed the files before and started up the game and yes, it starts up after removing all of the files. I removed everything except info.pac & info_training.pac and he game still crashes.

Post Merge: April 06, 2014, 06:52:37 AM

Okay, I condensed the file size UNDER 392/394, its size is now 353KB and the game still crashes. Maybe its the combined size of some of the files (or all) since they make up part of Brawls content and the combined file size for all of the info2 files made Brawl exceed the amount of content the disc could contain? (Just a wild guess)
:kdance: -KTH (Kirby the Hedgie)

Report from a P:M player that uses Zipeg on a Macbook to unzip.

Everythign worked A-ok on the first go- but did I read something about a new loading screen? Is this not in the PM build? Im curious now!

Also, unrelated, but I cannot wait until you release the new menu design and such c:

Well, I use the P:M version. Everything works perfectly fine. No freezes or anything.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Abbi on April 06, 2014, 07:29:04 AM
Well, I use the P:M version. Everything works perfectly fine. No freezes or anything.

Weird how the P:M version works perfectly fine...

Maybe the Roy/Mewtwo CSPs/BPs got mixed into the Brawl one? Or my previous theory.

Quote from: Son of Kratos on April 06, 2014, 07:23:31 AM
Everythign worked A-ok on the first go- but did I read something about a new loading screen? Is this not in the PM build? Im curious now!

I'm using the Brawl build, if thats what you were asking.
:kdance: -KTH (Kirby the Hedgie)

Alright, we'll look into it some more, I think I have a good idea of what's causing the issues now. We'll post up when we've updated it!

And we've also done some slight updated to Falco, his default costume no longer has a head cannon (giant headpiece) and his recolours no longer have black lipstick. If you've downloaded him previously, redownload him!

Quote from: Taiko on April 06, 2014, 06:07:37 PM
Alright, we'll look into it some more, I think I have a good idea of what's causing the issues now. We'll post up when we've updated it!

And we've also done some slight updated to Falco, his default costume no longer has a head cannon (giant headpiece) and his recolours no longer have black lipstick. If you've downloaded him previously, redownload him!

And here I thought the lipstick made him look distinguished ;)

also, wanted to read the render "tutorial"..

Not cool, mate :c