Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Shiruzarto

#1
Hey, uh, bit of an out-there question, but...

Does your Charizard hack work over Charizard? PM3.5, specifically?
#2
Quote from: SolarGamer4774 on March 27, 2014, 08:58:01 PM
The Beta 2 would be better though because Beta 1 wasn't that good (in my opinion).
Here is Beta 2 if you want it: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z9wya3149npzj41/SpXgyoIudU

Wow... I... I didn't actually expect there to BE a demo!
In fact, I thought I'd be called impatient and rude as per usual on forums such as these!
Thank you, all! Thank you!
#3
So...
That Chrom looks amazing, and the constant "90%" has been taunting me and presumably many others.
I honestly can't wait any longer. Could you possibly release a preview demo of him? Considering how close to completion he is, I don't suppose that it could be considered broken at this point in time and consequently I see no downsides in releasing it. Why, it could even serve as a debug for players to find problems to further aid development!
#4
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
February 27, 2014, 12:28:52 AM
I had fixed it myself roughly thirty minutes after posting, but had to leave before I could post my success, sorry.

You were right, ShinF; those were the files that had caused me such inconvenience. I decided to look at the files that had come with the CSS modifier, and tried to replace them with the default ones from the brawl data partition. For once, I was successful on the first try.

Sorry to cause you all your own brand of inconvenience, I suppose I should've taken the time to tell you all before you began to write self help novels for my aid.
#5
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
February 26, 2014, 08:45:53 PM
I noticed that CSSRoster.dat does not include any changes to the CSS screen/character portraits that I make in common5.pac. I've replaced Samus's current costumes and corresponding portraits with her Other M designs and ZSS's graphics with Ridley's; however, when using CSSRoster.dat it alters those changes and converts them back to the default graphics. I've tried to resort to using a custom roster code instead (as was used in previous versions of BrawlEx) and renamed CSSRoster.dat to HAHno.dat to make sure that the game doesn't use it, but it seems to heavily rely on it seeing as there are no characters on the CSS. I don't want to downgrade either, as I rather like the new changes made to the actual engine itself.

Long story short, how can I make it so that the current version doesn't have to rely on CSSRoster.dat?
#6
Say that I wanted to put these Final Smashes over PSAs, say as an example to preserve balancing tweaks from other mods.

How exactly would I go about doing so?
#7
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
February 13, 2014, 09:20:17 PM
Quote from: Axel Akutare on February 13, 2014, 09:17:02 PM
Giga & Co. Fix is a GCT code that fixes stuff for playing as Giga Bowser and Wario Man from the Character Select, or something. Never used it. Is a code, not a disc. If you're using a physical disc of Super Smash Bros Brawl, there's nothing wrong with your disc. The codeset(GCT File) has Giga & Co. Code in it.
Ah, I see. Thank you, I don't think you can hear it but this answer is somehow creating a chorus of angels on my side. In all seriousness, my problems typically last months, so this is quite literally a godsend for me.

Thank you to all of those who helped me as well, and apologies for interrupting.
#8
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
February 13, 2014, 09:10:30 PM
Quote from: Carnage on February 13, 2014, 09:05:49 PM
what does that question even mean? no one replayed because its vague as hell
I have a disc that was manufactured apparently by the company "Giga and Co.". This seemingly subtle difference apparently makes it so that character ID's loop back after 3F (so for example, if I made a character with the ID "41", it reads it as "01", or DK's ID). This makes it very difficult for me to use the Clone Engine with more than one character, or roughly one hundredth of the advertised character roster potential.

After going through four days of this (pardon me) bullsh*t, I'd like to know if there was a solution to this other than "buy another disc, [censored]", as that is not an option right now.
Quote from: Shiruzarto on February 13, 2014, 01:32:31 AMPerhaps with a code?
#9
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
February 13, 2014, 09:05:08 PM
Quote from: Shiruzarto on February 13, 2014, 01:32:31 AM
Pardon my insistence or overreliance, but could you possibly tell me how exactly I would fix the game's manufactured engine? Perhaps with a code?

*ahem*
#10
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
February 13, 2014, 01:32:31 AM
Quote from: Tiberious on February 12, 2014, 10:38:38 PM
That sounds like you have the Giga & Co. Engine going. It subtracts 40(hex) from the ID, and if it's one of about 6 'special' ones, loads alternate characters.

Pardon my insistence or overreliance, but could you possibly tell me how exactly I would fix the game's manufactured engine? Perhaps with a code?
#11
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
February 12, 2014, 10:08:30 PM
Please help me.

I'm trying to add a character with the ID "41". However, when used it is recognized as "01", or Donkey Kong's ID number. Changing the ID to "45" results in it reading as "05", or Yoshi's ID number.

Any advice?
#12
Attacks and Animations / Re: Flygon Previews page 49
January 02, 2014, 07:52:44 PM
I've noticed that your Ridley PSA has a broken Final Smash when used in tandem with Project M 3.0. I've also noticed that it uses the same KO SFX as Zero Suit Samus. Perhaps you could look into this in the future?