Project Lightning - FFXIII (LOOKING FOR A NEW TEAM!)

Started by ethanrodgers223, June 29, 2010, 10:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

August 25, 2012, 09:33:30 PM #405 Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:56:39 PM by chaos_knight9000
ZSS has a very small file size. That's why she doesn't get many PSAs. However, if you are gonna use the ZSS import, you could port her over Pit or Ness. BlackJax is making Ikaros (Sora No Otoshimono) over ZSS and porting her over Pit for a PSA. And Tabuu Forte Akugun is making a Miku Hatsune (model over ZSS) PSA and porting her over Ness.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on August 25, 2012, 09:33:30 PM
ZSS has a very small file size. That's why she doesn't get many PSAs. However, if you are gonna use the ZSS import, you could port her over Pit or Ness. BlackJax is making Ikaros (Sora No Otoshimono) over ZSS and porting her over Pit for a PSA. And Tabuu Forte Akugun is making a Miku Hatsune (model over ZSS) PSA and porting her over Ness.

Well, do you think you could help me assemble a team? I was honestly just the "idea maker" when it came to this project.

I wish I could but I know nothing about PSA or animating .-.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Right. I just waited so long to try to start this up again. ugh. :/

Its cool to hear you are starting this up again. Let me say this though, you should definitely try harder to make sure the moveset is what YOU wanted it to be, i rememeber it was changed around here and there (i take some fault for this and i apologize). It is your project after all, it should be what you want it to be.

Unfortunately i dont know how to help other than suggestions, so i will just be watching from the sidelines as a fan. I can say "Good Luck" though.  ;D
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

I've been wondering. What's Lightning's moveset based? Dissidia? XIII? XIII-2? I could come up with some moves since the only game I played with her in it is Dissidia and she is my main.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

August 26, 2012, 06:28:52 AM #411 Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:31:04 AM by ethanrodgers223
Quote from: chaos_knight9000 on August 26, 2012, 05:21:42 AM
I've been wondering. What's Lightning's moveset based? Dissidia? XIII? XIII-2? I could come up with some moves since the only game I played with her in it is Dissidia and she is my main.

I've played and beaten FFXIII and Dissidia, and she's my main as well. Level 100! Odin's Blade. :D

If we really wanted to get technical, would could make her Down B Paradigm Shift. . .

>:)

But yes, I believe a complete overhaul of the moveset is at hand.

So, I'll come up with ideas, and you could come up with some as well. If we can find someone who will help with the PSA (and maybe teach us) we could get something started.

I really want to see if we can import her actual frames from Dissidia. I wonder if that's possible. Because I don't want her moves to look sketch. I want her to be a very balanced fighter everyone's gonna want to play as.

Or you could use taunts as Paradigm Shifts. Kinda like how Dark Emperor Ganondorf PSA uses taunts to switch modes.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

Ehhh, I think down B would be best, simply because I feel like it's more... idk. Balanced. Like an actual character. So, let's think of some B moves, shall we? I think that (with some minor exceptions) should be the only things that change.


I thought of some for Ravager:

Neutral: Fire, kinda like Cloud's but smaller

Side: Aerora

Up: Army of One, she goes higher with attacks if hits.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

See, Army Of One should be a Final Smash imo. Her B moves should all be spells. They're the "Special Moves" after all.

Have you played the last PSA we had released?

Honestly, no. I had Cloud over Ike at the time. Now I'm not sure what an Up-B should be now.
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

I honestly think she should have Thundaga as an attack and not Thundara, seeing as how the Thunder element is the only one she learns the tier 3 spell for (in XIII) and also because her name is Lightning.

Aero should work well for an Up Special, it would be cool if you could get it to push foes away, maybe with semi spiking properties, or just minor horizontal knockback if the former is too OP.

I like the idea of Fire for her Neutral Special, but she should not be able to use Firaga, as she does not learn the spell in XIII, if anything, allow for elements to change or something, or allow a shift between using Fire/Fira, and Flamestrike (i dont remember if she learns that but pretty sure she does).

And Cure should work as a down special, but maybe she could have a short period of invincibility or super armor as the spell is being cast, it shouldnt be broken provided the charging animation is long enough, maybe around the same cast time as Sephiroth's Heartless Angel attack (from the PSA i mean) for the strongest version. And as well it shouldnt be broken as long as the invincibility/super armor doesnt last for the entire spell casting animation.

Actually i changed my mind, she should use Thunder Spells for her Neutral Special, i mean she does learn all 3 spells in XIII and her name is Lightning, she should focus on that element for at least one move, and if its chargeable that makes it even better. Besides if she uses Fire for a Neutral Special, thats kinda a clone of Cloud's Neutral seeing as how that's been released long ago. Fire should be her Forward Special instead.
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

Quote from: Thundaga_T2 on August 26, 2012, 08:01:48 AM
I honestly think she should have Thundaga as an attack and not Thundara, seeing as how the Thunder element is the only one she learns the tier 3 spell for (in XIII) and also because her name is Lightning.

Aero should work well for an Up Special, it would be cool if you could get it to push foes away, maybe with semi spiking properties, or just minor horizontal knockback if the former is too OP.

I like the idea of Fire for her Neutral Special, but she should not be able to use Firaga, as she does not learn the spell in XIII, if anything, allow for elements to change or something, or allow a shift between using Fire/Fira, and Flamestrike (i dont remember if she learns that but pretty sure she does).

And Cure should work as a down special, but maybe she could have a short period of invincibility or super armor as the spell is being cast, it shouldnt be broken provided the charging animation is long enough, maybe around the same cast time as Sephiroth's Heartless Angel attack (from the PSA i mean) for the strongest version. And as well it shouldnt be broken as long as the invincibility/super armor doesnt last for the entire spell casting animation.

Actually i changed my mind, she should use Thunder Spells for her Neutral Special, i mean she does learn all 3 spells in XIII and her name is Lightning, she should focus on that element for at least one move, and if its chargeable that makes it even better. Besides if she uses Fire for a Neutral Special, thats kinda a clone of Cloud's Neutral seeing as how that's been released long ago. Fire should be her Forward Special instead.

Agreed. I need to start learning how to use Riivolution properly, so I can insert her voice clips I have over Zamus.

B: Thunder/Thundara/Thundaga
Pressed - Lightning waves her hand and a small jolt falls from the sky a couple character lengths in front of her. Think Pikachu's B move for damage and knock back.
Held for two seconds - Same animation, and two sparks fall from the sky. Same knock back effect, more damage.
Held for 5 seconds - Lightning shouts "Thundaga!" and several sparks fall, racking up damage. Catches like Lucas Up B after it's connected to Lucas, with and end hit that has greater knock back, but not a kill move.

Forward B - Sparkstrike

Up B - Aero

Think MetaKnight's B, except Lightning herself isn't spinning, and it's more see through. Has a decent distance, Kirby's Up B, but completely directable as the spell is being cast, with a start up like Zelda's Up B.

Down B - Cure

I guess this move should have invincibility frames during the cast period, but once the move is cast, it should start healing like a Regen type of effect, where the the percent lowers very slowly. If Lightning is hit after the spell is cast, the effect will stop.

Have you decided how much damage each of these specials will do? Will Aero deal damage, will it push foes away like wind? And is the charge time for Cure spells gonna affect how fast the healing is i.e. the longer its charged, the faster the regeneration heals you?

Im thinking what if Sparkstrike had a short stun time like ZSS Paralyzer, just so that it doesnt act like a normal attack with electric properties. Maybe it could be used for combos or something, but if you do that make sure the stun time isnt too long so its not broken.
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here