Metal Gear Solid Needs More Hack Representation!

Started by irishladdie727, July 05, 2010, 03:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: fox3.0 on August 07, 2010, 05:23:33 PM
make the place form mgs4 were snake and iquid fight at shadow moses that would be epic  :af:

Technically, that's the Shadow Moses stage that's already in the game.  Have you ever paid attention to when the Metal Gears tear through the background?  Kojima was teasing the fight to us all the way back during Brawl!  Is your mind blown?

it was just an idea thats all :>.>palm:
i returned :D

3567 6630 9929
^
ssbb
10ganondorf
9jigglypuff
8pikachu
7yoshi
6meta knight
5peach
4lucas
3ness
2sonic
uno mr.game&watch



Mom:RoxasDe garn:Nuke
bros onaga

I was here thinking, and, y'know, I'd suggest Meryl Silverburgh in her MGS1/TS attire for ZSS.

Though, I'm not sure if we can even rip models from the PSX MGS...

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Quote from: LC-DDM on August 09, 2010, 11:55:39 PM
I was here thinking, and, y'know, I'd suggest Meryl Silverburgh in her MGS1/TS attire for ZSS.

Though, I'm not sure if we can even rip models from the PSX MGS...

Probably not, however I'm actually one of the few people in the world to have the PC version of the original MGS.  I have no idea how to rip, and I have no idea how to do model replacement, but I'll see about vertexing Meryl once The Boss and Raiden are done.  They come first.

Are you going to do Prettyboy MGS2 Raiden or Badass MGS4 Raiden?

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Quote from: LC-DDM on August 10, 2010, 01:21:08 AM
Are you going to do Prettyboy MGS2 Raiden or Badass MGS4 Raiden?

Hopefully both eventually, but prettyboy MGS2 Raiden first because I actually own and have beaten MGS2, and because he's simpler.  Just give Marth longer white hair and put him in latex.  Done.  Obviously I'll put in more work than that, but you get the idea.

August 10, 2010, 06:50:46 PM #21 Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:55:50 PM by xxTerminatorxx
Hmm nice ideas here... Also my avy, yes, I just got this because it looks cool lol... I am STILL working on my MGS: TTS Snake texture...

I got this idea from my Twin Snakes Snake texture because I used the textures from the actual game. So, I was thinking about making a Twin Snakes Shadow Moses Island IDENTICAL to the one in the TTS... How could this be done? I could take the Heliport Model and textures from the actual game.

It would be cool if the spotlight found you, guards come out of nowhere to attack lulz.

Why are you calling me a nerd anyway? We are hackers on a site where we hack Brawl textures...

Besides me suggesting all of this is the point of this thread anyway...
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

August 11, 2010, 02:39:40 AM #22 Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:41:09 AM by irishladdie727
Quote from: xxTerminatorxx on August 10, 2010, 06:50:46 PM
Hmm nice ideas here... Also my avy, yes, I just got this because it looks cool lol... I am STILL working on my MGS: TTS Snake texture...

I got this idea from my Twin Snakes Snake texture because I used the textures from the actual game. So, I was thinking about making a Twin Snakes Shadow Moses Island IDENTICAL to the one in the TTS... How could this be done? I could take the Heliport Model and textures from the actual game.

It would be cool if the spotlight found you, guards come out of nowhere to attack lulz.

Why are you calling me a nerd anyway? We are hackers on a site where we hack Brawl textures...

Besides me suggesting all of this is the point of this thread anyway...

Metal Gear "fan" then.  I didn't expect everybody to take the word "nerd" offensively!  We're all cool, I was calling myself a nerd too, we're a brotherhood of nerds here, you misinterpreted me!  8)

Anyways we've gotten off track.  Eyepatch Snake is DONE.  I could upload it now but I'm including three alternate textures with it and one of them is giving me problems so it might be a day or so.  The boss is coming along rather beautifully, I stopped trying to vertex the hair because hair is hardcore [censored], so now I've got a great face coming along if you guys want to take a look:

She's got a bit of a harelip right now, but don't worry, all shall be perfect by release.  This is EARLY.  There's still lots of work to be done.  I screwed up the symmetry because you can't put a symmetry modifier on the model without adding verticies, but I'll fix that, and I'll also make her look slightly more weathered, narrow the eyes, and I don't know, make her a little more attractive.  The Boss was very bangable.  My current model's got a ways to go.  It looks a little too much like Cate Blanchett right now.  Don't get me wrong, you could certainly do worse than Cate Blanchett, but we're talking about a video game character, and they're all unrealistically gorgeous.  Especially the MGS girls.

I've got a request... Can someone vertex Snakes body so his clothing looks more like Big Bosses clothing?

All that needs to be done is the ammo pouches moved to his waist and his legs slightly widened so it looks more like pants. The collar isn't nessarsary.

Also, I was already planning on making textures for all the camo and facepaint in MGS3 so if someone vertexes Snakes body, I would highly appreciate it!

samus in a suit like snakes would be pro
Father:Demonsplay Mother: Iris<br />Granpa:Nuke    siblings: polaris   companion: still searching<br />: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=15103.msg260765#msg260765
Join the other recruits at: http://gunsontop.webs.com/

August 11, 2010, 03:53:49 PM #25 Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 03:57:27 PM by xxTerminatorxx


The above is a Twin Snakes image from Metal Gear Solid the Twin Snakes

That's the texture I am currently working on.
Basically, his sneaking suit as you can see is more like a coat, and his ammo packs on his chest are gone. Well, that's what I am trying to do at this instant.

His body textures and face textures are done, due to the textures I used from in game. Once his sneaking suit is vertexed, and those top annoying ammo packs are gone, this should be done for now.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

I'm working on the face paint from MGS3:Subsistance. I've currently textured the following face paint.

-Black
-Brown
-Green
-Splitter
-Kabuki
-Oyama
-Zombie
-Soviet Union Flag
-Japanese Flan

I also plan on vertexing the Raikov Mask! I'll make it so the mouth never moves. Then it will be the real mask!

Quote from: xxTerminatorxx on August 10, 2010, 06:50:46 PM
I got this idea from my Twin Snakes Snake texture because I used the textures from the actual game. So, I was thinking about making a Twin Snakes Shadow Moses Island IDENTICAL to the one in the TTS... How could this be done? I could take the Heliport Model and textures from the actual game.
Do you have the textures for Meryll per chance?
I'm working on a Military Samus which could easily be retextured for her

August 13, 2010, 08:06:23 PM #28 Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 08:07:43 PM by xxTerminatorxx
QuoteDo you have the textures for Meryll per chance?
I'm working on a Military Samus which could easily be retextured for her
Ooh, nice idea.
No, I don't have those textures, but I got a good friend who can get them for me.
I'll pm you when I get them.

It would be cool to see Vulcan Raven over Ganon.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: supersaiyanmikito on August 11, 2010, 08:52:27 PM
I'm working on the face paint from MGS3:Subsistance. I've currently textured the following face paint.

-Black
-Brown
-Green
-Splitter
-Kabuki
-Oyama
-Zombie
-Soviet Union Flag
-Japanese Flan

I also plan on vertexing the Raikov Mask! I'll make it so the mouth never moves. Then it will be the real mask!

I was working on the exact same thing.  Perhaps we could pool our efforts and make this go a lot quicker.  I've got woodland, splitter, green, black, brown, and zombie right now.  Perhaps we can see whose look best?  I know my brown sucks, and my splitter's pretty bad too, but my zombie, woodland, black, and green are all excellent.  I was also planning on doing the body camos AND eventually doing a vertex for Big Boss exactly like the one you requested so it's all covered! 

Also, to everybody, if you want to go for something extremely challenging, but extremely useful, here's an idea I had: try vertexing Snake's bandana tail into a sleeveless trenchcoat.  I think you see where I'm going with this.  The bandana tail is ideal because it will wave in the wind just like an actual trenchcoat would, and also because it's already sort of the right shape once you stretch it a bit.  I actually tried fooling around with this already, and it's definitely possible, just difficult and beyond my vertexing skills at the moment.  But you'll be everybody's hero if you can get the trenchcoat in!