Metal Gear Solid Needs More Hack Representation!

Started by irishladdie727, July 05, 2010, 03:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: oxe161 on August 18, 2010, 09:36:11 PM
Yea since i believe his is the only taunt that changes his whole body to a smaller size.
Frankly my recommendations for taunts are
Up: Call on Codec or porn book mentioned earlier (if its possible)
Normal: Smoking as well
Down: Box
But that's to fit Solid Snake more, for Big Boss i agree with all of Terminator's suggestions

Well we've already got codec calling, it's just restricted to Shadow Moses.  Got to have the smoking, and while I like the idea of it doing fire damage to opponents, the more "nostalgic" route would be for the taunt to actually give Snake like 1-2% of damage when he uses it but be useful some other way.  How about after he finishes smoking he tosses the blunt at his feet, and that does fire damage.  I like the idea of a porno book, but a salute would be way more "taunty".  You know, get an epic KO, then follow it up with a sarcastic salute.  Like how whenever I'm playing as Diddy Kong and the other person accidentally kills themself, I make sure to clap.   :af2:  Plus, the Snake that appears in Brawl is kind of a composite of Solid Snake and Big Boss anyways, I mean it's definitely Solid Snake, but they incorporated a lot of Naked Snake's character traits (wanting to eat Yoshi), plus his grisly beard.

And his witty remarks. Frankly they should have just said
"Big Boss" but not a lot of people know about big boss

If anyone is planning on putting Raiden on someone, it should be Snake.
Here's why:
1. Aside from rolling/cartwheeling and speed, they both have the same attack nonetheless.
2. Anyone can edit Snake, easily or hardly.

Though I do find it okay for Raiden to be put on Marth. They both have long hair and a sword, so it's pretty obvious.
...

Quote from: BurntEyes on August 19, 2010, 12:19:55 AM
If anyone is planning on putting Raiden on someone, it should be Snake.
Here's why:
1. Aside from rolling/cartwheeling and speed, they both have the same attack nonetheless.
2. Anyone can edit Snake, easily or hardly.

Though I do find it okay for Raiden to be put on Marth. They both have long hair and a sword, so it's pretty obvious.

For now, this is why Marth is the top choice.  It's just much easier to vertex that way.  If a Raiden PSA ever comes along the cartwheel will most definitely be incorporated.

August 19, 2010, 03:44:51 AM #49 Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 09:18:15 PM by xxTerminatorxx
Quote from: irishladdie727 on August 18, 2010, 11:08:12 PM
Plus, the Snake that appears in Brawl is kind of a composite of Solid Snake and Big Boss anyways, I mean it's definitely Solid Snake, but they incorporated a lot of Naked Snake's character traits (wanting to eat Yoshi), plus his grisly beard.

Not anymore. I made Snake's main texture look the way he did in the Twin Snakes, along with a few other Solid Snake textures. NOW he is Solid Snake.

I also got a good friend on SWF that can rip MGS textures for me. I'm requesting the Cardboard Box textures from TTS to use for Snake's taunts since the "Smash Bros" box is definetely not MGS-related.

Here are the box's you guys can tell me which is the best to use:

-Heliport
-Snowfield
-Nuclear Warhead Storage Building

I choose Heliport because Shadow Moses Island stage IS the Heliport and I thought it should match the stage itself.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


August 19, 2010, 08:18:22 PM #51 Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 09:17:23 PM by xxTerminatorxx
Okay, textures have been ripped and given to me. I have made 3 seperate Box textures for anyone to choose. All I need is preview images.

I have managed to only get 1 image, and it's the image of the Heliport Box. I am having a strange compile error, which means I can't get the images of Nuke Building Box and the Snowfield Box.

Could somone be nice enough to get these images for me? I'll Private message the textures if anyone wants to help.  
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

August 22, 2010, 03:55:57 AM #52 Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 03:59:32 AM by Bent 00
I made my account here just so I could say how much I agree with giving Snake new taunts, if possible. One taunt you guys haven't mentioned yet is the "!" alert pose he does when he's spotted in the Metal Gear games.

Out of the taunt ideas mentioned so far, I like them all except "Call on Codec or porn book". The codec call already exists as a hidden taunt, and dropping a porn magazine as an item doesn't sound feasible... or even taunt-like, IMO.

I'd say keep the fastest box taunt, and replace the other two taunts with the "!" alert reaction and sound, and a salute. Snake lighting a smoke would fit somewhat, but... Having Snake smoking as a taunt would be a bad image, plus I doubt he'd toss a cig after only a few seconds anyway. Besides, didn't Snake give up smoking at some point?

Quote from: Bent 00 on August 22, 2010, 03:55:57 AM
I made my account here just so I could say how much I agree with giving Snake new taunts, if possible. One taunt you guys haven't mentioned yet is the "!" alert pose he does when he's spotted in the Metal Gear games.

Out of the taunt ideas mentioned so far, I like them all except "Call on Codec or porn book". The codec call already exists as a hidden taunt, and dropping a porn magazine as an item doesn't sound feasible... or even taunt-like, IMO.

I'd say keep the fastest box taunt, and replace the other two taunts with the "!" alert reaction and sound, and a salute. Snake lighting a smoke would fit somewhat, but... Having Snake smoking as a taunt would be a bad image, plus I doubt he'd toss a cig after only a few seconds anyway. Besides, didn't Snake give up smoking at some point?

Nice ideas there, though I liked the porno book idea as an item...
Snake could lay it down and throw it at opponents and cause damage...

What do you mean by smoking a cigaratte would be a bad image? You mean it would be bad for smaller kids? What about the nude ZSS texture hack?
Snake gave up smoking in MGS4, at the end where he knew he was going to die...
So you can say Snake gave up smoking a few months before he died.

The "!" is funny, but it would be cooler if they added a MGS3 Guard or a Genome Soldier from MGS:TTS. Still good idea, though.

I was thinking somthing cooler about the Box taunt. Not only would Snake get inside it, but you could walk around IN the box like in MGS series, and stay inside forever unless you pressed the A button or another attack button.
It's worth a shot.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

If you figured out how to have him walk around in his box, that'd be awesome.

Yea, now having a genome soldier from MGS (preferably TTS) and the moveset could make for an interesting video showing the taunts or something.
Yea i never understood the porn book either. I mean he's not really famous for it, people just assume box box box box box box box box box box box box box box
and "Snake, snake, snake!" Even though its "Snake respond/answer/wats happening snake! SNAKE!"

Quote from: oxe161 on August 22, 2010, 06:47:11 PM
Yea, now having a genome soldier from MGS (preferably TTS) and the moveset could make for an interesting video showing the taunts or something.
Yea i never understood the porn book either. I mean he's not really famous for it, people just assume box box box box box box box box box box box box box box
and "Snake, snake, snake!" Even though its "Snake respond/answer/wats happening snake! SNAKE!"

This is exactly why this thread exists, to give Snake the same amount of nostalgic fanwank that all of the Nintendo characters (and Sonic) get, as opposed to the sort of kind of bastardized nostalgia we currently have.  He has more character traits than the ability to hide in a box!  And have you noticed that all of the MGS trophies are of Metal Gears and different versions of Snake?  Not a single one for the series' many awesome characters.  It's like they put Snake in the game, but shied away from actually putting "Metal Gear Solid" in the game since it's an M-rated series, and well, it's also weird as hell and clashes pretty distinctly with the aesthetic of things like Kirby.  But we can do whatever we want because we're modders!

August 23, 2010, 02:36:44 AM #57 Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 03:07:50 AM by Bent 00
Nice ideas there, though I liked the porno book idea as an item...
Snake could lay it down and throw it at opponents and cause damage...


Well, it could work, as long as the book itself is censored (more on that in a bit). I think Snake already has enough items he can drop and throw, though... Grenades, C4, land mines, boxes. Besides, I'm guessing it would be harder to hack an new item into the game.

If the dirty magazine is implemented, though, two ideas:
- Opponents could slip on the magazine, like a banana (there's no "distracted" state, so...)
- Snake would only be able to spawn one magazine at a time (since he has so many other items)

What do you mean by smoking a cigaratte would be a bad image? You mean it would be bad for smaller kids? What about the nude ZSS texture hack?
Snake gave up smoking in MGS4, at the end where he knew he was going to die...
So you can say Snake gave up smoking a few months before he died.


I'm against (or, less in favor of, at least) the Smoking and Dirty Magazine taunts because I doubt they would be featured in an official release of one of the big mods like Brawl+ or Brawl-, and because they are "bad" images, even though they do suit Snake (like nude ZSS, they're, er, controversial). They also just don't seem as "taunty" as the other ideas mentioned so far, and they're more complicated to boot. Snake already has a complicated taunt - his box - so I think his other two taunts should be quick and simple. My suggestion is:

Up taunt: Box (keep the "up" version since it's the fastest.)
Side taunt: Salute (facing whichever direction Snake is facing, like Falcon's "Come on!")
Down taunt: "!" Alert (the "!" appears overhead and SFX plays... But what stance would Snake take?)

(The "!" taunt seems like it would be the up taunt at first, but I figure we should keep the fastest box taunt. :/)

If someone want to try making the Smoking and Dirty Magazine taunts, go ahead, but I hope the other taunts are made first - those are the ones I want to use! :)

The "!" is funny, but it would be cooler if they added a MGS3 Guard or a Genome Soldier from MGS:TTS. Still good idea, though.

Thanks, and I agree about adding the guard or soldier. I'm just wondering what kind of stance would accompany the "!" taunt... Hunched shoulders, perhaps?

I was thinking somthing cooler about the Box taunt. Not only would Snake get inside it, but you could walk around IN the box like in MGS series, and stay inside forever unless you pressed the A button or another attack button.
It's worth a shot.


I love that idea. That would easily make the box Snake's greatest taunt!

It's like they put Snake in the game, but shied away from actually putting "Metal Gear Solid" in the game since it's an M-rated series, and well, it's also weird as hell and clashes pretty distinctly with the aesthetic of things like Kirby.

That's pretty much exactly what they did... But hey, at least we got Snake! We can add in the rest now. :)


Don't forget the doctor outfit.

At least he got better treatment than the Hedgehog and those fat big head kids.