Metal Gear Solid Needs More Hack Representation!

Started by irishladdie727, July 05, 2010, 03:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: xxTerminatorxx on September 03, 2010, 07:54:58 PM
Cool Liquid Snake texture, it's better than mine...

But shouldn't you port him over Olimar since it is weird to see Liquid Snake use Snake's weapons?

Also, I think his holster should get vertexed off, but amazing texture!

EDIT: Ok, I got my game working again, no more asking others to test my work  :af:

Yeah, the white ammo packs suck. But here is the weird thing: When I used Snake in the SSE, his ammo packs were good and not screwed up. Irishladdie could you send me the PCS file you use? Mine just dosn't work properly along with other people's.

Righto, and the holster and walkie talkie are both present in game, at least when he's wearing his trenchcoat.  He might have nothing on his belt when he fights Snake at the very end, I don't remember, but I'm just going to leave them on...

No, I meant the snake picture two pages back. It seems that I got ninja'd. btw, I could give ripping textures from MGS3 a shot. I just need to dump the ISO from my copy.
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

Quote from: Friedslick6 on September 04, 2010, 02:28:39 AM
No, I meant the snake picture two pages back. It seems that I got ninja'd. btw, I could give ripping textures from MGS3 a shot. I just need to dump the ISO from my copy.

Good luck.  Bare in mind that this is something no other hacker has succesfully done before...

September 04, 2010, 02:53:31 AM #168 Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 02:55:58 AM by EternalYoshi
Yeah. I still have the dump I made a while ago and no one was able to crack the encryption method.


Check this thread out for someone's last attempt.

Take note that this came from the same forum that has brought us Solidus, which extracts MGS2: Substance files.
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2055&hilit=mgs3

good luck.

Edit: Extra pic



September 04, 2010, 03:32:18 AM #169 Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 10:03:49 AM by Friedslick6
It would be possible via a direct 3D screen grab of MGS3 being emulated on PCSX2 with "3DVia Printscreen," I believe.
That picture was of the official modelling program used by Konami's team. The picture notes an advantage the team used to reduce loading times, if I remember correctly.

Edit: I could try ripping textures via the same method using "3D Ripper DX", if the first program fails...
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

Guess what? I fixed the white ammo packs glitch! I tryed out my new PCS file in game and it worked perfecto! I just need to make PAC files for the other Snake textures before I update it! But it worked! White ammo packs are gone!
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: xxTerminatorxx on September 04, 2010, 01:42:03 PM
Guess what? I fixed the white ammo packs glitch! I tryed out my new PCS file in game and it worked perfecto! I just need to make PAC files for the other Snake textures before I update it! But it worked! White ammo packs are gone!

Great!  Sorry that I didn't get around to sending you the PCS last night.

Y'know... for the MGS3 camo preview square for the original camos (not downloaded), one could screencap the Camo Selection Screen and rip the camo from there.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Quote from: LC-DDM on September 04, 2010, 03:04:19 PM
Y'know... for the MGS3 camo preview square for the original camos (not downloaded), one could screencap the Camo Selection Screen and rip the camo from there.

If I had the means to do such a thing I would be all over it, but unfortunately I don't have a good enough camera and my PS2 is very broken.  That's part of the reason I'm trying to relive the glory through Brawl.

Well, the only other way I can see you doing that is getting yourself a PS2 emulator and screencap from there.

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Yea but for that to run well you need a powerful computer.
Also speaking of MGS3 textures, is it possible to vertex a real shirt on snake? Like the ones shown in the game. The neck thing (don't know how to say it) I just think it looks weird having some MGS3 textures on the MGS2 suit. Just doesn't look right.

Quote from: oxe161 on September 04, 2010, 04:04:45 PM
Yea but for that to run well you need a powerful computer.
Also speaking of MGS3 textures, is it possible to vertex a real shirt on snake? Like the ones shown in the game. The neck thing (don't know how to say it) I just think it looks weird having some MGS3 textures on the MGS2 suit. Just doesn't look right.


Yeah...  I'll get around to that eventually.

September 04, 2010, 04:32:17 PM #177 Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 04:33:52 PM by xxTerminatorxx
V.03 RELEASED!



Changlist:
- Fixed those nasty white ammo packs finally!
- Added PAC files to the other PCS textures so they work properly!
- Edited Snake's wait animations, so they imitate MGS:TTS Snake's wait animation!
- Replaced the old glitchy Big Boss texture with Eternal Yoshi's!

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11618

It's time for a new download.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: Friedslick6 on September 04, 2010, 03:32:18 AM
It would be possible via a direct 3D screen grab of MGS3 being emulated on PCSX2 with "3DVia Printscreen," I believe.
That picture was of the official modelling program used by Konami's team. The picture notes an advantage the team used to reduce loading times, if I remember correctly.

Edit: I could try ripping textures via the same method using "3D Ripper DX", if the first program fails...

Tried that. I have a state in the camo menu, but 3Dripper DX and PCSX2 don't get along. Period.

Have you tried the simpler, more archaic method of PrintScreen+Paint?

Quote from: DrPanda on May 16, 2014, 02:14:09 AM
Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.