Metal Gear Solid Needs More Hack Representation!

Started by irishladdie727, July 05, 2010, 03:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'll look into fixing the purple triangle problem and make the body texture a bit more detailed.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

September 08, 2010, 11:07:46 AM #181 Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:28:37 AM by Friedslick6
Well there's yaz0r's ModelViewerWX, apparently it supports many PS2 model types: http://papercraftershaven.charsisforge.org/mdltools/mvwx.rar
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

September 08, 2010, 11:33:49 AM #182 Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:36:15 AM by xxTerminatorxx
Sweet! Nice Friedslick! Also, why is this thread acting dead? We can't let this happen!

Anyways, I noticed the two new textures somone added on the vault:




It seems Irishladdie's Liquid texture came to waist... That texture dosn't even look like Liquid at all.

The other one, Solid Snake wounded, was just default Snake with a few little cuts. Snake's been through alot more if you ask me, not only that, justl like the Liquid texture, he used the wrong texture for the wrong idea. Why not using Pik's Old Snake texture or my MGS:TTS Solid Snake? I'm not trying to make a big deal but the whole point of my project was to forget about Snake's default look and change it to MGS:TTS Solid Snake.


I'm Pming him to ask him to use Irishladdie's Liquid texture or Pik's Old Snake. 
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

September 08, 2010, 12:27:29 PM #183 Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:12:23 PM by Friedslick6
No need to critique someone else's work publicly. If you want to, try making a better texture instead.
People have a free right to choose whatever they create, what they create their hack from, and whichever way they make that hack.
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

September 09, 2010, 12:43:27 AM #184 Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 01:05:04 AM by xxTerminatorxx
Quote from: Friedslick6 on September 08, 2010, 12:27:29 PM
No need to critique someone else's work publicly. If you want to, try making a better texture instead.
People have a free right to choose whatever they create, what they create their hack from, and whichever way they make that hack.

Eh, I guess your right. But I always love to see stuff that is new.

Any many cases, right now the way I feel is this whole project was usless.
I mean, the projects got alot of downloads, but what I really wanted was everyone to forget about default Snake and use what we created since out projects are very accurate to the charaters from the game Snake comes from. But your right, I shouldn't say that stuff about other's work, I was ticked off about somthing that happened this morning...
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

I just realised there's no 'damaged' textures for Snake, but there are for most other characters...
On topic, what is the forum's opinion on which character from MGS:TTS/MGS2 should be attempted to be recreated in SSBB?
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

Hey guys, I got a reply from Shanus. Take a look:

Quote from: shanus
Quote from: Bent 00Hi Shanus. I've got a question for you, regarding the replacement of Snake's taunts. I've started a thread over in Customized Content with the purpose of giving Snake two new taunts, since all he has is the box for all three now. Take a look at the thread if you like:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=11067821#post11067821

Anyhow, the reason I'm messaging you is because of something SheLL said: "Snake has a lot of strange, hard-coded stuff going on in his taunts which probably makes replacement prohibitive. Shanus knows more about it than I, so I would talk to him before you guys get to excited about all of this."

So, my question is, [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]is there anything hard-coded in Snake's taunts that make them impossible to replace?[/COLOR] I'm really hoping there's not, since I've gotten a good many people interested now. :)

The most popular taunt replacement ideas are, in order from most wanted to least wanted:

1.) Smoking (but this requires article hacks, which haven't been figured out enough yet, so I'm told)
2.) Salute (this should be the easiest to animate)
3.) Cloaking Device (people are worried this will be broken, but I believe it can be balanced. Currently, it and Salute are the only options we have, since Smoking and "!" can't be done without article hacks)
4.) "!" (this one isn't really popular, but it's worth a mention)

* We also want to edit the Box up taunt so Snake can move around and maybe even silently drop C4 or Grenades while he's under there. It's a fun idea.

You can read how all of the proposed new taunts work in the thread I linked to above. Thanks much for taking the time to consider this! Project M is looking great, by the way. I'm looking forward to the day it's released. :)

Alright, sorry for slow reply. I have had 2 weeks in a row of insane amounts of work at my job (read: 90 hr workweeks)

Off the top of my head, I believe Snake's last 2 special actions are parts 2 and 3 of his  box taunt. So, for example. Taunt action goes into part 1, then it automatically funnels in action 133, and then funnels into 134. The trickiest part for you to figure out is how to get his action to not automatically funnel into 133 and 134. You could try and make the unique taunt, then at the end of that taunt, change action directly into wait. Toy around with things and let me know. If you want him able to move during a specific taunt, you could do it I think during action 33 and check which taunt he is in using IC-Basic 20000 (current subaction, set to scalar). So for example, if you were at subaction 100, If IC-Basic 20000 = Scalar 256 (hex 100).

I've got to get to sleep for now, so I'll let you guys ponder it. I guarantee you know more about the technical aspects of it than I do, anyway. ~_~

Quote from: Friedslick6 on September 09, 2010, 12:49:18 AM
On topic, what is the forum's opinion on which character from MGS:TTS/MGS2 should be attempted to be recreated in SSBB?
I say Raiden.

I'd say Vulcan Raven or Physco Mantis, but they wern't main characters, just FOXHOUND members. Raiden on the other hand was a main character in MGS2: Sons of Liberty along with Plissken AKA Solid Snake. So I guess Raiden, though it would be alot more badass if he had the MGS4 look.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: xxTerminatorxx on September 09, 2010, 07:37:46 PM
I'd say Vulcan Raven or Physco Mantis, but they wern't main characters, just FOXHOUND members. Raiden on the other hand was a main character in MGS2: Sons of Liberty along with Plissken AKA Solid Snake. So I guess Raiden, though it would be alot more badass if he had the MGS4 look.
You could probably just vertex Grey Fox for a MGS4 Raiden.

September 09, 2010, 11:21:59 PM #190 Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:23:21 PM by EternalYoshi
Or I can vertex Marth to Raiden's MGS2 look.

I wanted Solidus or Volgin over Ganondorf, but they will have to wait.

Please check my reply on SWF.

September 10, 2010, 12:57:12 AM #191 Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 01:03:31 AM by irishladdie727
Quote from: Friedslick6 on September 09, 2010, 12:49:18 AM
I just realised there's no 'damaged' textures for Snake, but there are for most other characters...
On topic, what is the forum's opinion on which character from MGS:TTS/MGS2 should be attempted to be recreated in SSBB?

In order:

Twin Snakes:
1. Meryl (Because Ocelot will be hard)- There's already a really good texture for ZSS in the vault, it's just the vertex is half assed.  She needs to have the god awful 50's housewife hair.  It's what makes her Meryl.
2. Revolver Ocelot (Because Ocelot is awesome)- Unfortunately both the trenchcoat and the hair are currently beyond my ability to even think of how to do with Snake.  I've though about turning the Bandana into a trenchcoat, but it's tough.  Possible, but tough.  Then again, nobody says he HAS to be over Snake.
3. Psycho Mantis-Already working on it.  Shiek's vertexed body ported over Mewtwo.  We'll see how this comes together.
4. Genome Soldier-  No excuse for why this hasn't been done already on Snake.
5. The rest of Foxhound A.K.A. Sniper Wolf, Vulcan Raven, and Decoy Octopus.  Wolf would be a medium diffiulty vertex of ZSS or Zelda.  Raven should probably go over Ganondorf, although let's not take DK out of the picture, he is THAT huge.  Decoy Octopus... I mean... we don't NEED him, but he's a part of the team!  He should probably just be a very ugly Snake vertex.
5.Otacon! Though his lab coat presents the same problem as Ocelot's trenchcoat.
6. Roy campbell- Just use mariokart64n's Krauser model, make it fatter, texture it up.

MGS2
1. I mean... Raiden.  He's the guy you play as.
2. Solidus.  I tried conform wrapping Ganondorf's head to Snake's like I said I would... It uh... didn't work.  I don't believe Solidus's face looked like a Vagina with a hangnail, but it has been a while since I played MGS2, so maybe it worked after all.  We'd probably have better luck porting snake to Ganondorf, and then doing some vertexing.
3. Vamp. As uncomfortable as he makes me in every possible way, he'd be pretty easy to do and is admittedly kinda cool in an offensive stereotype of a depraved bisexual vampire way.
4. Decent Plissken.  We don't actually have one right now.
5. Olga Gurlukovich. Lol armpit hair.  A Mr X texture for Gray Fox would also be VERY simple.  Just gray over the eye basically.
6. Fatman.  Dude.  Fatman.  That'd be awesome.  I don't know who he'd be over, if I did he'd be higher on the list.
7. Fortune.  Probably would be easier to do over Zelda than over ZSS.  Trust me on this.  I've worked with ZSS's hair vertices and they aren't as simple as they look.
8. Peter F*cking Stillman.  Also, I just realized that if a Raiden moveset were to be made, the coolant spray would have to be a Special move.  That stuff could do everything.
9. Rose would also be fairly easy to do over Zelda.  Plus, I'm sure putting her in a setting where she can be pummeled by a variety of blunt objects will be cathartic for many.
10.  Gurlukovich Mercenaries for the same reasons as Genome soldiers.  Might as well do Arsenal Tengu (Awesome Ninja Guards) over Marth or Gray Fox too.  Hell, do the Marines and the Seal Team 7 guys.  Let's just do everyone who ever wore a Balaclava.

You gave me an idea for a few LOL worthy DK textures.

September 10, 2010, 05:51:39 AM #193 Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 06:09:52 AM by Friedslick6
Maybe I should just give out a pack of ripped character textures to whoever wants them ^_^' .
If we were going to remake characters, then we should also think of which character would best work as a base for the recreation.
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

September 10, 2010, 10:46:03 AM #194 Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 10:57:14 AM by xxTerminatorxx
Plissken texture? It's already been done over Snake. It's in my Snake pack.
For the Twin Snakes you forgot Liquid Snake! We need to port the Snake model over Olimar or somthing and give him a good moveset. Oh, and Liquid Ocelot for MGS2.

Anyways, I'm working on a funny texture for Diddy Kong, and it just recently came to mind. It's more of a parody than anything else and I won't make a moveset because it wouldn't be worth it.
It's Dredin's monkey. I am done with the texture, I just want to release it now, I also textured his Up B Coke style!




Also, I had a dream tonight, literally. It's a dream about model hacking MGS:TTS Snake and changing his side smash to where he smashes his Nikita (side B weapon) in front of him like how you can while trying to press the punch button while holding the Nikita in TTS. It's a badass and funny move to use against guards while they are pissin'.

The move would be slow, pretty slow, just as slow as Snake's default side smash. But it wouldn't be too slow, and it would have decent range. It would also be a shield breaker.
When it comes in contact with opponents, it causes 30% damage and a far hitbox when fully charged.

Good idea?
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]