Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The Famed Swordsman of the East: Faruko! (Open moveset discussion has begun!)  (Read 18883 times)
Velen
Resident Lucario
Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 09, 2010, 09:40:31 PM »

The main reason I am starting a new thread is this: I am going to start the animations form scratch, and more importantly, am going to reprioritize the project as a whole.
    So~! Now for the ultimate words of summoning!
    ZA WARUDO!

Okay, now that the honors are out of the way. Allow me to introduce members the other members of this team.

Me: Animating/ minor swapping, and Texturing.
    Songflemy:Animating
    Hollow: Animating/ PSA
    Ninka-Kiwi:Animating/ PSA/ Vertexing.
    and You (if you decide to help as well, the more the better in some cases.)

Project Goal: To make a full PSA and Model hack for Falco based on the following theme.
    "Traditional Samurai with Fantasy Elements."

This does not mean we will be pulling anime-related things out of our butts for a moveset. A moveset will be ironed out, but that will come later in the project.

Now for the reason I am starting things over: When I took a mental step back and looked at what I had done on my own. I was not satisfied with it. It was made of some of the first aniamtions I had done, and I have deemed them not worthy for this project. As such. I will start over the animation process, and implement a practice I had been too prideful to use: Animation Swapping. I also thought I was pushing the project forward too fast. There were many things that still had not been done.

There will be some challenges, and we will need outside help for it for sure on some matters.

This doesn't mean I will not make some original animations, along with the other members of the team. In fact, I plan to Make Wait1, 2, and 3 all custom animations made from scratch. However, before that, we have to fix the grievous inadequate characteristics of our subject matter.

Now the list of Specific goals.
    • Samurai Falco will be slightly slower than his original counterpart.
    • Samurai Falco will be balanced for use in all Brawl Modifications. After the main bulk of the project is complete.
    • Samurai Falco will not use any swapped attack animations. (This is a part all members will work on simultaneously, ensuring speedy completion of those animations.

In the next post. I will post the "Phase List", but it is late, so I will reserve a post for it.
    « Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 04:27:59 PM by Velen Zaiga » Logged

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 09:40:54 PM »

The Divine Phase List

This list is the steps we will be taking the project through. There may be more than one of each phase.

• Model Alteration Phase I
    This includes the following.
    - Possibly polygon swapping Falco's current arms for solid ones from another model (preferably Fox's if possible)
    -Vertex Hacking Falco to look like he is wearing a full set of Samurai Armor (minus the kabuto (helmet)).
    -Giving Falco a sword to PSA with: We have two good choices: Have someone liberally vertex hack Ragnell or take Tensa Zangetsu from Ichigo (if possible) and vertex the hilt guard (and maybe make it shorter to be in proportion to Falco if needed).[/color]
    -find some way to hex out Falco's holster and Reflector, as they will not be used. Hope it doesn't leave a huge hold that will need to be vertexed over.
    -Make a placeholder texture or a full one that will do for the time being while the rest of the project is worked on.
    • Animation Phase I
    This will be for the General Movements Animations, so we can prepare for an Alpha PSA test. A few guidelines for you all.
    -You can begin animating as soon as I finish the new Wait1, this way we have a base animation to go off of and adapt swapped animations to if used.
    - Swapped animations are encouraged, but be sure to liberally tweak them to make them as custom as you see fit.
    -All of us that are capable of animating will pick a group of animations to do. For example, I have already picked to do Wait 1, 2, and 3. Everyone will try to do an equal amount of animations, ensuring we can get them done quickly if we feel like it.
    -There is no deadline, so take your time with getting them done to ensure good quality.
    • PSA Phase I
    This is the phase where our PSAer will make the initial PSA. The goals for this phase are:
    -Putting the sword given to Falco permanently into his right hand.
    -Making sure that the General Movements work to specifications.
    -Make Falco about .5 to .75 "Speed Points" slower than his original counterpart.
    - Prepare all general movement animations for Alpha Test.
    • Testing Phase I
    This phase pretty much explains itself. we will test the Model, Animations and PSA for glitches and bugs via playtesting so we can identify, and with some outside help, eliminate problems early on.
    • Model Alteration Phase II
    - If a placeholder texture was made, a full re-texturing will be done to ensure a good quality texture.
    -Vetexes will be spruced up if need be to ensure good quality.
    -If it has not been taken care of yet. Steps will be taken to erase Falco's Holster and Reflector.
    • Animation Phase II
    The biggest phase of the project for one reason: all the attack animations, once a moveset has been ironed out, will be done from scratch. All members capable of animating will have a hand in this to ensure we can get them done swiftly, and if need be, maybe ask for another animator to help out.
    -We will, like the General Movements, choose groups of animations to tackle, and once done, will compile them together.
    • Animation Phase III
    All remaining animations will be completed, whether they be swapped in or from scratch.
    • PSA Phase II
    In order to keep the workload lighter than it would be. All PSA capable members will work on PSAing the remaining animations. Ask for outside help if you need it for sure.
    • Testing Phase Final(?)
    PSA will be tested in Beta before completion, any remaining problems will be looked out for and then eradicated if possible (hopefully), before making a first release.
    • Balancing Phase
    This will be done after the first release of the Beta, and feedback has been acquired. Any comments relating to increasing Falco's speed will be ignored. This is not an Onslaught PSA for goodness' sake!He is wearing heavier armor, so thusly his ground speed is slower.

Each one will turn green only after that phase has been completed, and not a moment before. Though if everyone else is done before you (this applies to me too), try to work toward finding time to get it done if you can manage it.

The Moveset so far.

A: "Chitoumitosora" (Lit: Earth and Sea and Sky) Falco unsheathes his sword and slashed out to the right with one hand. Doing .5% Damage and dismal knockback. Sword is sheathed after he puts it away. This attacks name is "Chikiri" or Earth Cut.

AA: Falco quickly brings the katana over his head and slashes down at a slight diagonal angle with both hands. This does .5% and dismally larger knock back than 'A'. He sheathes the sword after  the attack. This attacks name is "Umikiri" or Sea Cut.

AAA: Falco takes his Katana and performs a two-handed slash to the diagonally up and to the left before sheathing his sword. This does 2% Damage and small KB. This attacks name is "Sorakiri" or Sky Cut.

A >: "Joukesagiri" (Lit: Twirl Monk's Robe Attack): Falco draws his katana while spinning, slashing behind himself up and to the right, then in front of himself diagonally down to the right, before returning the katana to it's sheathe. This has medium KB on the slash behind, and lighter KB for the slash to the front, dealing 6 and 3% damage respectively.

A V: Kyakukiri (Lit: Leg Cut): Falco slashes at the opponent's leg area. Provides 2% Damage and small KB.

A ^: "Hichougiri" (Lit: Hop Attack): Falco hops low off the ground and takes a half circle swing about him before landing and sheathing the blade. Deals 4% Damage with light to medium KB.

F-Smash: Tsubame Gaeshi (Swallow Reversal) (suggested by Camalitas): The famous technique of Sasaki Kojiro makes it into Samurai Falco's Moveset as a F-Smash. Falco takes his katana and slashes downward before almost immediately slashing upward again. This commits 4% damage for the first swing and 5% for the second slash upward, which has larger KB than the first.

D-Smash:

U-Smash:

Nair: "Hyousankyaku" (Lit:Fly Hoist Three Leg or roughly: Flying Triple Kick) This is Falco's only attack that does not utilize his katana in some way. Falco take his legs and does three forward kicks one after the other (remember those mid-air stasis kicks you see in movies?) This produces a total of 3% damage for all three kicks, and the last kick having medium KB and smaller KB for the previous two. Think Snake's Dair, but with his legs facing forward.

Fair: "Koufusai": (Lit: Roar Axe Cut or roughly "Booming Axe Slash"): This one takes a cue from Sonic the Hedgehog. Falco, ripping his katana from it's sheath, rapidly spins twice while curled up into a ball, before chopping down with a powerful swing from his katana and stopping mid-spin. The times the attack hits is when he begins to chop down, mid-swing, and the end of the swing. If the attack connects with the middle of the blade, at mid swing, it is a medium-heavy spike, Otherwise the attack just deals 4% damage with mediocre KB>

After one of these posts, I plan to post up a completed moveset once I see what you have to saya bout the above two suggestions.

Bair: "Baigeigeki" (Lit: Double Welcome Attack or roughly:" Double Interception): Falco unsheathes his sword and come around slashing twice before turn around and sheathing his sword. This a little slow like the Fair, but still usable in a short hop. Does a 2% damage with medium KB.

Uair: "Yokushou" (Lit: Wing Rise Up, or roughly "Rise Wing"): Though a tiny bit slow at the start, Falco draws his sword, then proceeds to slash up and to the left at a steep angle, twirling around before sheathing the katana again. Commits a 5% damage with small-medium KB. Hitboxes are in front of and above Falco.

Dair:

Specials

B:

B >: "Hakuseifuu" (Lit: Spirit West Wind): Falco pauses his right hand on his katana hilt for a quarter of a second, before slashing out at blinding speed, creating a spiritually-charged slash wave that travels at extreme speeds. This move, if used consecutively, will become weaker, even in Brawl+, this will be implemented (to lower spamming ability). This is because Falco is draining his spiritual power into the move.

The strength is cut by 0.4 for every consecutive use. Further more. It takes ten seconds to recharge to full capacity after the first use. Another five seconds is added to the timer for each consecutive use of Hakuseifuu. The first use does a whopping 10% Damage, and medium-large KB.

Up-B: Either Kousahukehi or SOMETHING NOT PHOENIX-RELATED!

Down-B: Either Kousahuheki or something else.
    « Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 04:15:19 PM by Velen Zaiga » Logged

Lord_of_D:
    Supreme Kitten

:D

• Awards Heart Container Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 10:37:40 PM »

I see what you did there ... i'll take a look at this topic

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 10:50:27 AM »

Update: Phase List was added and information was also added.

I will work on and finish the new Wait1 soon. *Goes to finish hygiene habits...*

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 10:53:57 AM »

Okay, now that the honors are out of the way. Allow me to introduce members the other members of this team.

Songflemy
    Hollow
    Ninka-Kiwi

...Am I the only one who thinks this team doesn't make a damn bit of sense? ¦D

Maikito
    DEITY OF AWESOMENESS!
    Mega Kitten

Have you found what you seek?

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 11:02:42 AM »

Songflemy
    Hollow
    Ninka-Kiwi

He should state who's working on what
    I'm guessing Song is doing the PSA?
    Hollow the Texture?

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 12:09:16 PM »

Songflemy
    Hollow
    Ninka-Kiwi

Everyone has multiple talents. So it would kinda pointless to designate them as doing one thing I think. Everyone is capable of animating. Which is why I said in the Phase List that everyone would be doing a group of animations of their choice.

Though if you think it needs it that badly, I'll update that too.

EDIT: Unless Song says otherwise, it looks like I lied a bit.
    « Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 12:14:13 PM by Velen Zaiga » Logged

Shipomaster
    Expert Kitten

Zetta slow...

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 02:04:33 PM »

I'm actually really happy to hear that someone actually slowed down a character instead of speeding him up~! I like slow characters. Although I have all the falco hacks I really need (2 for the clone engine) , I do support this project just in the hope that it will boot out one of the other falco hacks.

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 02:20:31 PM »

I'm actually really happy to hear that someone actually slowed down a character instead of speeding him up~! I like slow characters.

...What the...

Prime example of why people say Brawl isn't a fighting game. ¦D

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 07:40:39 PM »

Okay, starting with this post, so we can get this out of the way. Let us begin ironing out of moveset. This moveset will be discussed by everyone, and anyone can add in their opinions. Whether or not a move is accepted into the moveset is whether or not the team (Thats me, Hollow, Songe, and Ninka, if around) believes it fits the theme we have set down well. Keep in mind, the theme is this.

"Traditional Samurai with Fantasy Elements"

As stated, this will be an open discussion, though it will be conducted by the group as a whole.

Let it begin!

My opening thoughts are this. The basic combo, as well as the tilts should to be based on traditional samurai sword techniques. Since there is very little reliable representation for these techniques, we will need to do some research so we can make it as genuine as it can look. What say the rest of you?

Hollow
    Kitty Corp's Personal Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 04:36:10 PM »

Just tell me what you want, and I'll PSA it for you.
    I need a moveset.

songeflemy
    Master Puppeteer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Good Citizen KCMM Veteran Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 04:39:41 PM »

Shouldn't the Neutral Attacks mostly be with his sword, and add in some (not crappy) Fantasy elements to other moves.

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 04:46:36 PM »

i think neutral attacks should be with his sword, specials with elements, and fully charged moves with elements but the sword is still the main focus.  Although tilts can be either the sword is the main focus, or the element/gfx is...  This is just my opinion...

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 04:57:13 PM »

Look, I have already stated why I want to discuss it in full. Meaning we plan it out like they do on Smashboards.

Remember your thread for Ganon and how you've all the different commands listed up? That is what I'm talking about.
    We discuss that by offering suggestions, then cross-examining them to see if they are to the group's liking. This way we have a moveset we can all agree with, and we all think it fits the theme well.

I don't want this moveset to consist of just my ideas alone. I am asking for what you think some of the moves should be.

EDIT: @Songe: Thats exactly what my thinking is.

@theshyguy: I was thinking the exact same thing.

@All: However, I think it should be discussed in detail. So this way we have something, and know its great.

For example I was thinking this for the Jab Combo.

A: Falco slashes forward with two-hands to horizontally, swinging to the left. Dealing dismal knockback and low damage.
    AA: Falco does another horizontal slash with two-hands, swinging to the right. Also deals little knockback and damage.

For the last part of the combo if we decide to do a standard triple jab, would be.

AAA: Falco performs a two-handed uppercut slash forward. This gives slightly larger knockback and damage.

Though those are just examples. That is the kind of discussion I am aiming for.

flammable
    Black Cat
    Supreme Kitten

Deliverin' some bad luck

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 09:21:28 PM »

Up B (Phoenix Lift): Falco gets in guard position with his sword then charges a blast wich bursts out into a pheonix of fire the lifts him from the ground Shocked.

Married Mai Self nvm

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4
    Print
    Jump to: