Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The Famed Swordsman of the East: Faruko! (Open moveset discussion has begun!)  (Read 18882 times)
toastoftriumph
Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 01:03:22 AM »

you should make a move, either his forward or down smash;
    he's in a guard stance, but starts charging up a move- he steps forward while rotating 360 degrees, and slashes forcefully downwards. Think kind of how Wolf's forward smash works- yet being closer to marth/ike with the sword movement.
    i guess what would work best is that he takes two steps in the release of the charged attack. Right foot forward, quickly takes his left foot from behind to twist around and step outwards with that. and then he slashes downward (or maybe sideways/ other).
    One neat move for a down tilt or smash, would be if he stabs the sword behind him (without looking). Maybe with the sword under his shoulder/armpit. It should be a quicker move, probably with decent knockback comparable to his other slow moves. To keep it in the slower style, there could be a lag after the move.

Shipomaster
    Expert Kitten

Zetta slow...

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 05:21:42 AM »

OK, sorry to jump ahead but I have what I think is a pretty good B move. Falco crouches and lays a hand on the hilt of his sword. He pauses like this for a few seconds, then basically teleports forward but with his blade extended forward and his head ducked. Any one caught in his trajectory is slowed down/stopped for a few seconds (with falco in his position) Then a blade cutting effect appears on them breaking them both from the little timestop and dealing good knock-back.
    It's sorta anime based, like when too samurai clash and you don't know which one got cut, so they just stand there for a couple seconds until blood flies out of one of them. (I'll try and find a good clip from samurai champloo...)

Hollow
    Kitty Corp's Personal Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 06:56:44 AM »

That could be done

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 07:57:29 AM »

@mariofan: That doesn't sound like a traditional Samurai technique to me. The first one at least. The second one I'm not sure of, I'll take it into consideration.

@Shipomaster: Thats sounds more like something for a cinematic Final Smash. Thats another entry into the idea pool..

For far we have his suggestion and this.

Final Smash: Kamikazenami (TL: Divine Wind Wave): Contrary to the popular notion that kamikaze is a suicide attack, it is anything but that. Falco jumps up high off screen, and appears in the background, he charges energy into his sword before bringing it up and slashing down. creating two large slash waves that travel speedily to the left and right. Dealing ungodly damage and high knockback.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 08:40:30 AM »

Hm.......I could do that. Maybe......Not sure about the slashes, but I could make two huge slashes appear on the stage and kill everyone as soon as he swings his sword.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 08:53:06 AM »

Hm.......I could do that. Maybe......Not sure about the slashes, but I could make two huge slashes appear on the stage and kill everyone as soon as he swings his sword.

Is changing the size of Kirby's Final Cutter graphic possible?

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 01:34:11 PM »

That's kirby's own graphic. can't use it for other characters.
    Have you thought of a moveset?

Shipomaster
    Expert Kitten

Zetta slow...

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #22 on: July 13, 2010, 04:28:36 PM »

How bout this as a final smash;Fujin, Divine Intervention: He disappears for a moment and a medium sized swirl of wind deals small damage and traps targets inside. He then reappears and slashes doing heavy knock-back to those trapped. It would be low kill rate, so as a bonus he would have a temporary wind effect while walking and damages those he passes. (if possible it would be cool to add a blade effect to those he passes so its like a speedy draw).
      I think his 3 hit combo should be fairly slow. One wide double handed sweep down, a faster sweep up, then an upward jab that moves him forward. Cool IZ GOOD?

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

Paramedics finished her text, "...love you."

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Heart Container KCMM Old Timer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 04:49:57 PM »

That's kirby's own graphic. can't use it for other characters.

You can probably swap it with one of Falco's personal GFX, can't you?

Allbait
    Supreme Kitten

Fin Dovahkiin Fent Qahnaar Pah Paalle

• Awards Ninja Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 05:32:50 PM »

I got a question about this, will Falco be ALWAYS holding the sword or will he have it in a sheath and only bring it out for attacks? It would be pretty awesome if it was always in a sheath and falso taking it out for a quick deadly strike then putting it back...

A good samurai like attack would be the prepared strike... Probably for a side smash... Falco holds the hilt of his sword in a prepared to strike pose for the charge and when he releases it he teleports forward slicing anyone that was in front of him... Then you could the smash tilts change where he teleports to, like if you hold side smash tilting down he teleports backwards instead of forwards to slash and if tilting up he slashes in place and normal tilting just does the normal attack...

I'm looking forward to this but I'm not sure how it will turn out...

Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
    4613-8365-7114

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: July 13, 2010, 07:13:23 PM »

That's probably what's going to happen, since the gun is being vertexed, so the sword will only show for gun attacks. Unless i call it up in each attack. Which I will do whatever he says.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: July 13, 2010, 09:31:09 PM »

Well BeyondYou is busy with his own things, and I am going to respect that. He has his own hacks he has to finish before he can vertex Ike's sword. Giving Falco a Katana anyway other than a model swap is beyond my capabilities, and I don't know if there is anyone available who would be willing to get some of the things this project needs done in short order.

@Alses: The original idea was going to be that he always would be holding the sword, cause the Reflector has no model of it's own that isn't attached to Falco's body. If we could get someone to do some work for us on such a goal (I cannot hex or use 3DSMAX over here), then I would definitely apply the idea.

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 07:12:22 AM »

I just took a look at Falco's PSA, and I can call out the gun in any animation he has with the sword, then he can put it away in Wait1, 2, 3, etc. Is that good?

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 07:32:01 AM »

I just took a look at Falco's PSA, and I can call out the gun in any animation he has with the sword, then he can put it away in Wait1, 2, 3, etc. Is that good?

Thats excellent!
    « Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 07:37:59 AM by Velen Zaiga » Logged

Hollow
    Heroic Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 07:37:53 AM »

Yep. Okay, when can I start? I'm anxious to work on PSA!!!

Pages:  1 [2] 3 4
    Print
    Jump to: