I had a great time! Thank you all for being a part of this with me!

Started by Ricky (Br3), July 12, 2010, 01:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What should I do next?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

A stage!
63 (50.8%)
A tutorial!
24 (19.4%)
ME *strips*
37 (29.8%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Quote from: Vahkiti on April 14, 2011, 10:52:31 PM
Well I did see one example that could maybe be adapted idk, but if you look at the Space Colony ARK stage it has a canon, but it's only graphical and shoots under the stage. Might it not be possible to apply something to that effect? It might not need to be homing but just enough to cause damage to anyone unlucky enough to enter its path.

The problem is not the beam, it's the damage.

Quote from: Hollow Synthora on April 14, 2011, 10:51:29 PM
Why won't it let me vertex Marth's sword?! :rage:

lol whut

What are you doing and what method are you using?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Dario on April 14, 2011, 10:55:19 PM
The problem is not the beam, it's the damage.

lol whut

What are you doing and what method are you using?

What about using something like a timed stage hazzard to match up with the firing of the beam? Something maybe like an invisible Bob-omb effect in the center of the stage set to go off at a certain time?

Quote from: Vahkiti on April 14, 2011, 10:59:42 PM
What about using something like a timed stage hazzard to match up with the firing of the beam? Something maybe like an invisible Bob-omb effect in the center of the stage set to go off at a certain time?

I don't think that is possible at the time.

Stage hazards are still not fully understood yet.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Dario on April 14, 2011, 11:21:14 PM
I don't think that is possible at the time.

Stage hazards are still not fully understood yet.

Some kind of item drop? Idk, I'm sure there are ways it could work.

Yeah, item dropping is KINDA possible, but not really pratical for that case.

I don't think the timing would be possible to set for the item spawn, and a beam that drops a bob-omb/smartbomb doesn't sound good, at least to me.

Just wait. Maybe, in the future, custom hazards will be possible. At the current time, it's a big no.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


custom hazaards would be epic >=D

*imagines a death star trench stage*
XD

Quote from: Dario on April 14, 2011, 10:55:19 PM
The problem is not the beam, it's the damage.

lol whut

What are you doing and what method are you using?
I'm using Mia's Method. (No DD box) And t won't let me export the vertices because it's Float or something like that. Also, Marth's hilt and jewel won't show up in Max, somehow.

Quote from: Hollow Synthora on April 15, 2011, 01:55:37 AM
I'm using Mia's Method. (No DD box) And t won't let me export the vertices because it's Float or something like that. Also, Marth's hilt and jewel won't show up in Max, somehow.

It looks like you're learning how to use 3DSMax just now xD

You sure you did nothing wrong?
I've learned that very small stuff can turn into real pain...

But I have no idea what are you talking about, maybe you should show pics to make it easier... maybe you should just start over...
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Dario on April 15, 2011, 02:30:29 AM
It looks like you're learning how to use 3DSMax just now xD

You sure you did nothing wrong?
I've learned that very small stuff can turn into real pain...

But I have no idea what are you talking about, maybe you should show pics to make it easier... maybe you should just start over...
Nevermind, it worked this time, but Marth's hilt doesn't show.


The hilt shows up. But it's at his sheathe.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


and i never got it to work... i always use the old DD box for marth's and link's swords...

The sheathe requires a lot of patching.

But you can use DDVB1 as JK said.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: Dario on April 15, 2011, 03:56:31 AM
The hilt shows up. But it's at his sheathe.
Excuse me whilst I go jump off a cliff onto a bed of spikes that are lit on fire for not realizing something so obvious.

*jumps*

As the poll says, I'm now working on a stage!

Actually, I started this stage a long while ago, but it's very detailed and all, and with various vertex ideas I had, it's progressing very slowly.

I bet you'll like it.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]