Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: ToonJDub's Guide to Riivolution  (Read 52992 times)
mnsg
Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #60 on: August 13, 2010, 06:44:34 AM »

k tnk ill tell u if it doesn't work

edit: what are .pcs

PCS files are basically compressed PAC files.  They're used to start matches.  After that, the PAC files are used.

blueghost18
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #61 on: August 16, 2010, 03:29:51 PM »

can some body help with my riivolution problem

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #62 on: August 17, 2010, 06:12:04 PM »

@ ToonJDub

my codes dont seem to want to work, cud you plz look at my file setup and tell me what im doing wrong? I would be most grateful because i really want to use THPs and SFX hacks.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gcwnx30m93yj0y1

(note: i only have 2 files in the pf folder because this is a test.)

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

JDub
    Extreme Kitten

See You Space Cowboy

• Awards Fiery Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #63 on: August 17, 2010, 06:55:08 PM »

@ ToonJDub

my codes dont seem to want to work, cud you plz look at my file setup and tell me what im doing wrong? I would be most grateful because i really want to use THPs and SFX hacks.

Ok, put the codehandler.bin and the ocarina.xml in the Riivolution folder in the root as well.  That should fix it. The place I learned about how to use Riivolution, it never specified which Riivolution folder to put them in, so I put them in both, but I forgot to put them in the guide Tongue. But yeah, that should fix the problem.

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2010, 07:57:21 PM »

@ ToonJDub

Ok, put the codehandler.bin and the ocarina.xml in the Riivolution folder in the root as well.  That should fix it. The place I learned about how to use Riivolution, it never specified which Riivolution folder to put them in, so I put them in both, but I forgot to put them in the guide Tongue. But yeah, that should fix the problem.

thanks! Cheesy gonna try this now...

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2010, 08:28:15 PM »

Alrite looks like codes xml worked, but now when i load it just freezes. (so beep sound when brawl freezes) and it doesnt load, just turns to a plain black screen. it didnt do this last time, maybe i shud check my code.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

JDub
    Extreme Kitten

See You Space Cowboy

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: August 18, 2010, 05:32:15 AM »

Alrite looks like codes xml worked, but now when i load it just freezes. (so beep sound when brawl freezes) and it doesnt load, just turns to a plain black screen. it didnt do this last time, maybe i shud check my code.
    Did you maybe put the File Patch Code on by mistake? I've done that sometimes out of habit.

AxcelTheBrawler
    Mega Kitten

Knowledge Seeker

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #67 on: August 18, 2010, 07:44:54 PM »

I noticed file setup was not in this guide so let me do so.

Basic setup- First in the root of your SD card you need to make a folder named Brawlmods. Once you've done that go into that folder and make a folder for whichever brawl verison you want: Bbrawl (balanced brawl), Brawlplus, Brawlminus, vbrawl (regular brawl with codes), Custom1, and Custom2. Then place your fighters folder in whichever brawl folder you created. Example for brawl- characters Brawlminus>fighter>character folders. Your .gct file goes in whichever Brawl version you wish to play. Example RSBE01.gct for Balanced Brawl goes in the balanced brawl folder.

Music- goes as follows. brawlmods>Music>Strm>Brstm files here. That's all there is for music.

Stages- I haven't figured out how to get individual stages for each version of brawl so you'll just have to use the same stages for each version. The files go as follows: Brawlmods>stages>Stage files here.

I'll have to get Midnite to help me with the rest which includes Menu, info, and those sort of files.

Show me ya moves!

JDub
    Extreme Kitten

See You Space Cowboy

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: August 18, 2010, 07:49:39 PM »

I noticed file setup was not in this guide so let me do so.

Basic setup- First in the root of your SD card you need to make a folder named Brawlmods. Once you've done that go into that folder and make a folder for whichever brawl verison you want: Bbrawl (balanced brawl), Brawlplus, Brawlminus, vbrawl (regular brawl with codes), Custom1, and Custom2. Then place your fighters folder in whichever brawl folder you created. Example for brawl- characters Brawlminus>fighter>character folders. Your .gct file goes in whichever Brawl version you wish to play. Example RSBE01.gct for Balanced Brawl goes in the balanced brawl folder.

Music- goes as follows. brawlmods>Music>Strm>Brstm files here. That's all there is for music.

Stages- I haven't figured out how to get individual stages for each version of brawl so you'll just have to use the same stages for each version. The files go as follows: Brawlmods>stages>Stage files here.

I'll have to get Midnite to help me with the rest which includes Menu, info, and those sort of files.
    -_- Did you even READ the guide?
    download this .xml and put it in the Riivolution folder. There are a few .xml's, but the one I provided is one that uses the same directories and file names as the File Patch Code, only the files that save with an _en at the end need the _en.

AxcelTheBrawler
    Mega Kitten

Knowledge Seeker

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: August 18, 2010, 08:09:07 PM »

Ya 4 times. Just because brawl- and Brawl+ are in the menu doesn't mean you can play the games. You have to have the files for the games in the SD card. Otherwise it doesn't work. I've tried so I know what I'm talking about. Don't argue it won't help you.

Show me ya moves!

JDub
    Extreme Kitten

See You Space Cowboy

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: August 19, 2010, 06:40:45 AM »

Ya 4 times. Just because brawl- and Brawl+ are in the menu doesn't mean you can play the games. You have to have the files for the games in the SD card. Otherwise it doesn't work. I've tried so I know what I'm talking about. Don't argue it won't help you.
    Im srs here First off, don't go talking that way to me, especially when you're wrong. Second,
       To load mods like Brawl+, download this .xml, place it in Riivolution folder and name it modlauncher.xml and dowload codehandler.bin and place it in the Riivolution folder as well. Now, this .xml does not have File Patch Code support, so the files go in a different location. You can also toggle between Brawl+, Brawl-, and Project M.

File Locations
    =========== Where do I place my mods? ===================

X:/brawlmods/bbrawl/ - Balanced Brawl. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/brawlminus/ - Brawl Minus. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/brawlplus/ - Brawl Plus. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/custom1/ - Custom Set #1. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",
    "info", "info2", "menu", "menu2", "module", "stage" and "system" folders as well.

X:/brawlmods/custom2/ - Custom Set #2. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",
    "info", "info2", "menu", "menu2", "module", "stage" and "system" folders as well.

X:/brawlmods/projectm/ - Project: M. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/vbrawl/ - Regular Brawl. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",

=========== Where do I place my music? ===================

X:/brawlmods/music/ - Where you place "info.pac", and optionally, "smashbros_sound.brsar".
    X:/brawlmods/music/strm/ - Where you place all of your BRSTM files to be used in game.

=========== Where do I place my textures? ================

X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/ - All of the character textures go here, e.g. X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/captain/FitCaptain00.pac
    X:/brawlmods/textures/info/ - Anything that belongs in "info" goes in here.
    X:/brawlmods/textures/menu/ - Anythin that belongs in "menu" goes in here.
    X:/brawlmods/textures/menu2/ - Anything that belongs in "menu2" or "pfmenu2" goes in here.
    X:/brawlmods/stages/ - All stage textures (pac) + any module files (rel) go here.

=========== How about my movies (THP files)? =============

X:/brawlmods/movies/ - Place any THP files you have in here.

Quoted from the modlauncher.xml instructions.

AxcelTheBrawler
    Mega Kitten

Knowledge Seeker

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #71 on: August 20, 2010, 02:20:18 PM »

Don't talk like you're big s**t. I bet you think you're bad *ss just because you can hack and it's the internet. No one is bad ass.

2) You need the files in your SD card so you can play Brawl+ and the others. Riivolution can't read what you don't have. You have to have both. You need the modlauncher and the files for the Brawl hacks in you SD card. You can't have one without the other. I don't take well to smart *sses. Ban me if you want to but I stand where I stand.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 03:18:18 PM by AxcelTheBrawler » Logged

Show me ya moves!

JDub
    Extreme Kitten

See You Space Cowboy

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #72 on: August 20, 2010, 02:27:13 PM »

-_- Yes, I get that. But what you're completely ignoring is the fact I have where the file go in the guide. There was no point in you posting where files go.

AxcelTheBrawler
    Mega Kitten

Knowledge Seeker

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #73 on: August 20, 2010, 03:17:34 PM »

If you're wondering why I got so mad it's because I feel like i'm being talked down to. On top of that you had the nerve to insist that I give you repsect when you gave me none. Lol I just found where you posted where the files go Awesome Face. But next time don't be so mean when correcting someone otherwise crap like this happens
    « Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 03:20:39 PM by AxcelTheBrawler » Logged

Show me ya moves!

JDub
    Extreme Kitten

See You Space Cowboy

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: August 20, 2010, 03:20:12 PM »

The file locations are in the spoiler box under "File Locations" in "1.1 Using Brawl+, Brawl-, BBrawl, Project M, etc.".

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
    Print
    Jump to: