Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NEED HELP DESPERATELY  (Read 2254 times)
Ace
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: July 28, 2010, 03:50:26 PM »

ok so i got homebrew installed, i launced gecko, all was fine and dandy. started the game, went to character select, chose link and metaknight (two ppl i have hacks for) and then at the stage selection i chose battlefield. then the game froze, the tv started going beep constantly,  and my wii remote started vibrating. then i shut off the wii and started the game again without going through homebrew or gecko. same thing happened. finally i took the sd card out and i was able to get it working again. what did i do wrong, and how can i fix it?

libertyernie
Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 04:44:57 PM »

Do you have Smash Stack still on your SD card? Either take that off or add the "disable custom stages" code to your .gct.
    If that doesn't fix it, I don't know what it is.

Ace
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 04:51:28 PM »

oh i need to take smash stack off? ok ill try that thank you!

FairKnight
    Fighter of the Cosmos
    Extreme Kitten

From Ice to Wind

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Featured Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 05:06:05 PM »

Its possibly a variety of things

you see that beep us calles the *buzzing of death* its when your Wii Clases from either conflicting files, codes, bad data for stages/ characters or other things of the like.

You may want to check the stage you played on and see if it works with any other characters. If not then its the stage.

However it may also be dude to an error with the coding you used on your SD card, if you want you can copy and paste the codes you used so I can take a look at it. That is if your game is still freezing of course.

Ace
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 07:34:12 PM »

Thanks for your help I got it fixed as soon as i took off smash stack.  Now im having a new problem though. most of my hacks i can get to work, but theres 2 that dont work right.
    The Zero V1.4 hack has the texture that its supposed to, but the moveset is exactly the same as links, it didnt change like it was supposed to. 
    My other problem is with True Shadow the Hedgehog that replaces DK. at 1st i could load the hack, but it showed shadow with his ball form inside him, like with some sonic and yoshi hacks ive seen. then, i could walk but after about 3 steps it would jump back to where i was standing, and when i tried to attack it crashed my game.
    Then i messed around in the folder and deleted something i didnt think i needed (it had PAL in the name) and now whenever i try to play as him the game freezes at the character select screen. if anyone could help me, i would be very grateful  Smiley

24murph
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 11:22:01 PM »

Wow, I also have about the same problems loading textures.  I go to the homebrew channel, load Gecko with cheats, started the game, went to character select, choose DK (Which also has the Shadow the Hedgehog Textures) and Sonic (Not Textured in anyway), go to stage select, choose Final Destination, and every thing freezes.  After unplugging and replugging my Wii, I go do everything I did before expect, choose Mario and Sonic (Which both don't have textures) and the game works fine.  I believe I don't have the Smash Stack thing is that libertyernie said to remove and don't know what the "disable custom stages" code .  So, I am sort of lost on want to do next to get every thing working.

So now I shall go down the list of stuff that I am using while getting this problem:
    This GCT Code File for NTSC Brawl
    Gecko 1.9.3.1
       -All the options off except for load cheats
    The True Shadow the Hedgehog V.7 Texture on DK

I would really appreciate any type of help, ^_^

Edited:
    Tried it some were else then Final Destination and I have once again the same problems with the True Shadow the Hedgehog Textures as Ace, just like he describled on the post above me me, O_X
    « Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 11:55:29 PM by 24murph » Logged

New Age Retro Hacker
    Hyper Kitten

Hahaha! Oktoberfest!

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 07:21:54 AM »

The Shadow mod (on DK) you are using needs these (atleast that's what I think...) files:
    - The edited model/ texture [called FitDonkey[insert costume number here].pcs and .pac
    -Animation File [FitDonkeyMotionEtc.pac]
    -Attack and physics file [FitDonkey.pac].
    I believe these files are in the download (maybe with a diffrent name).
    EDIT: Murph, the link to the hack you are using leads to a picture of a diffrent hack....

« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 07:23:36 AM by New Age Retro Hacker » Logged

Ace
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 08:31:10 PM »

strange . . . im 90% sure all of those are in there . . . plus alot of extra files. ill double check but yeah . .  .

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: