EY's I - ALL Projects suspended indefinitely

Started by Eternal Yoshi, July 29, 2010, 06:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

July 29, 2010, 06:39:56 AM Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:48:25 PM by Eternal Yoshi
http://youtu.be/hetsLqeyWpE

Gray Fox is in the OP.

There is no room for all 4 characters' info in the OP so I will update the link to Lyn's post when it is time.

Sora's post is here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12942713&postcount=55

Mega Man's post is there.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12108.msg395015#msg395015
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17180

Frank Jeager, the Gray Fox, has made his late arrival!

Download

This is Beta 0.5, which updates a lot of things
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=10027

An outdated demonstration Video is right here.
NOTE: Video is of a build in between the alpha and v0.2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ungvg1Lubyg#]SSBB Showcase 8 - Gray Fox![/url]

Gray Fox is a very mobile character. He may not run as fast as Falcon, but he's still fast.


He weighs the same as Yoshi, but falls quickly for a Brawl character. Keep this in mind when you edgeguard.

His jab is similar to his Assist trophy slash, but slightly nerfed from that. In it's current state, it can rack up a lot of damage if you trap your opponent on a wall.


His dash attack has him lunge over a high distance with his sword pointed out.
It's sweet spot is at the tip of the blade.


Gray Fox's utilt functions... differently now.
The animation I made has him slashing the sword....how to explain....
Think Marth's utilt inverted.

Still has the deceptive range.


His forward Smash is a series of 2 connecting powerful hits. It has good KO power, does 25% damage, and decptive range.

The first hit.

and the second hit.

Angling the Fsmash nets you a different attack.
This one is based heavily off of his attack animation from the PSX version of his boss fight.


These first 2 hit link together.

There is a third kick which is stronger and sends you at a lower angle, but it;s hard to land.


His down air is..... different now.
Unwieldy and has a lot of land lag, but it's unique.

The sweetspot will meteor opponents and is indicated by a GFX.
The sourspot will send foes sideways.
It can also make a very deadly anti-tether weapon.


His Back Throw has Gray Fox stabbing his opponent with strong force.

So strong, it forces the victim to drop whatever item they are holding.

The NEW Hunter Slash has no pics yet.......
Check back later.

I made a new animation for his up taunt where he "loses himself".

He'll spaz out hand bang his head on the ground.
His head banging will bury anyone near his head.
This move is slow, but can make for quite the shield breaker against anyone foolish enough to shield all the hits.

This taunt is present in the v0.2 beta.

I added a new attack in V3.
It works similarly like his AT Slash, but not so overpowered.
It's fast, weak, hard to DI out of, and can lead to other aerials or the Hunter Slash.


He can grab items too.
Version 0.3X Fixes the HaveN Bug.
Also I made a new Item Smash action.


V0.4 enables wall jumping.


V0.5 improves the projectile reflections. It works on more attacks now and almost all Sword based moves can reflect. Be sure you are facing the projectile or it won't work.



Some moves are easier to reflect with than others.


His Final Smash is still a WIP. It hasn't been looked at since the alpha release but it still works without glitches.

Character Portraits and such
These are included in the beta release.
Here are previews.


CSP portraits


Alt Pose


Brawl Pose


Stock Heads


Battle Portraits


Character Text


(For PAL spelling)

Character Portraits




Known Glitches..... were apparently fixed when I fixed the hurtboxes.
No moar polygon stretching when he climbs a ladder, get Pikmin latched on, Homing attacked on, C4ed, etc.

To Do List
Change forward B and tweak down B.
Make him Wall Jump
Further improve Graphical effects to better match sword motion.
Make Horizontal Sword swipes reflect projectiles. Still not working despite the defensive collisions.
Tweak Flags so the hit types match the action.

Kirby hat!
Remake Neutral B animations
Fix IDC
New Final Smash

Change list

v0.6
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


v0.5
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


v0.4
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


v0.3XX
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


v0.3X
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


v0.3
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

v0.2X
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



v0.2
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I just want to say that this is amazing man. Now I'm really having seconds thoughts about replacing Meta Knight.

i like the fact that he can pick up items, because I play with items.

Can't wait for V2!

This is AMAZING!  Really good work, dude.  I hope you stick with this, cause this looks like one of the more promising new characters.  When will 0.2 be out?

ya when will out?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=12143.0

ya want extra moves on ya psa check out my tutorial.

Best used with riivolution.

this is good but im having the small problem of big hitboxes if you learn how to fix tell me becuz im having the same prob wit knuckles



Quote from: ItalianStallion on July 29, 2010, 10:28:13 AM
I just want to say that this is amazing man. Now I'm really having seconds thoughts about replacing Meta Knight.

Oh, you will definetely find Gray Fox from Metal Gear Solid waay better than that wimpy old Meta Knight. (Not saying Meta Knight is wimpy, but compared to Gray Fox he is most certainly wimpy.)
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Just so you know, I'm waiting for Dantarion to gather more information about hurtboxes before the next release.
In the meantime, I've been creating an SFX pack for Gray Fox.

Quote from: xxTerminatorxx on August 02, 2010, 03:32:09 PM
(Not saying Meta Knight is wimpy, but compared to Gray Fox he is most certainly wimpy.)
No you were right first time, Meta knight is wimpy... period.

Wow this is really good. Definitely downloading. Also, just had a funny idea. You should make a texture that looks like Deadpool. XD

Ok, I got somthing that you will like Eternal Yoshi:

This was originally posted on SWF:

QuoteOriginally posted by xxTerminatorxx
Creative texture idea for Gray Fox: One that reveals his real face. Don't worry, I might try to make a texture like that...

QuoteWow, I already finished Gray Fox's face revealed texture that quick and it came out better than I thought it would of. :)



The only problem is that his face is flat. I also wanted to make a seperate bloody face texture (When he got nailed by Rex...) but I couldn't do that due to half of his face being reflected to the other side. Well, download is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?d4dp2c3ttysdz1l

I might post this on BrawlVault...

I want other people's opinions: Should I post this on da Vault? Maybe somone could vertex his face to well, be shaped like a face. Right now it's as flat as a pancake.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Just so you know, I'm still working on the Armgun, but it will likely be removed for the V2 release later today for freezing reasons.

Removed? I liked the idea of it. He needs it, since it was a badace move he used in the Twin Snakes.  :-X But if it causes freezes, then maybe there is another way to add it... I just hope my idea for the Armgun is used since I have been literally dreaming for an awesome move like that.


Edit:
I also found a retarded glitch with Gray Fox. If he tries to climb a latter, some of his polygons stretch to the right of where he is climbing.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

I found a way to make it appear seemingly by vertexing MK's Mantle into an armgun.
I know how to vert edit, but this will take time.

Hmm.... it seems to stretch his waist there for some reason.... Maybe stretching the waist to the left for that animation will balance it out.