The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking

Started by tjmsrubegoldberg, July 30, 2010, 06:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Tempo_ on June 24, 2011, 05:08:47 AM
I don't mean to be overly rude, but if you can't even create folders and put things into them, you shouldn't even bother doing this; you should be researching how to use computers.
And anytime you see a file path that you don't have, of course you have to make it. They don't make themselves.
Basically this, it's common sense nowadays that if a folder isn't there and it's needed then you create it yourself.

so yes Bolt, you make the folders yourself. EVERY folder that you need and that's not there.

Quote from: Bolt7 on June 24, 2011, 12:42:18 AM
Okay...but these files are blank.
How do I get character hacks and such in them?
I don't mean to be rude as well but I think it's obvious that you download them...
[blue]Allies: Mario Vontaz, thepika98, Infernape99.

I have a noob question :p
My Sd card looks like this
F:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\stage\melee
I have named the stage folders exactly like they are listed and i put a pac in STGBATTLEFIEILD.PAC and then i launch gecko (I have 1.9) from homebrew.
It works fine up until i try to load the level. It does not change battle field still looks like normal old battle field. Here is the Pac i am using. Its called Tropical field

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php#Type=Stage%-BattleField%

Did you even bother reading the first post of the topic you just posted in?
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Quote from: Tempo_ on June 28, 2011, 01:29:14 AM
Did you even bother reading the first post of the topic you just posted in?

Yes I made sure to read the first post about how to install homebrew and useing riivolution and stuff
but I need help with the stages i didnt fully understand the section about it!
I made the folders and the folders for the stages
was i not supposed to make folders? Idk im all confused now


Quote from: tjmsrubegoldberg on July 30, 2010, 06:38:09 AM
A. Gecko OS
This will allow you to load codes for most any Wii game. It is definitely needed if you plan on using the File Patch Code, a popular method of loading Brawl hacks. You can either use this or Riivolution to load files.

1. Download Gecko OS here: http://wiird.l0nk.org/projectfiles/Gecko1931.zip.
2. Extract the file to your computer.
3. Go to Gecko1931 > Gecko1931 > HBC > Gecko1931.
4A. If you are using the Homebrew Channel, copy the last "Gecko1931" folder and paste it into your "apps" folder.
4B. If you are using any other method, copy the "boot.elf" file out of the "Gecko1931" folder and paste it into the root of your SD Card.
5. Create a folder on the root of your SD Card called "codes".
6. Download the Code Manager here: http://www.mediafire.com/?e2dzz7zdmcds252.
7. Extract it somewhere on your computer. I've included a basic .txt file for using the File Patch code. (NTSC-U only though. PAL and NTSC-J users will have to create their own, sorry.)
8. Open the Code Manager. Look to where it says "Game ID". Fill this in with the ID of the game you are making the codes list for. (Ex. Brawl's ID is RSBE01 for NTSC-U, RSBP01 for PAL, and RSBJ01 for NTSC-J) Go to where it says "Game Name" and type in the name of the game.
9. Find the codes that you want to use. A couple of good sites to check out are http://geckocodes.org/ and http://board.gscentral.org/forum.php.
10. To add a code, click on "Add a code/comment/category" and type in a name for the code. It should appear in bold. Click on it, then copy and paste the code into where it says "Code contents". Make sure to click "Store modifications" after you paste in the code.
11. When you are done adding codes, go to File > Save as TXT File. Then, make sure your SD Card is in the computer and click "Export to GCT". Select the drive for your SD Card and click on "Store".

Important Codes for Loading Brawl Hacks

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Did you remember the File Patch Code?
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

This guide totes needs a guide to common5

uhm i have a pal wii 3.4
my game freezes when i choose the custom stage i downloaded from this site
to be exact it was the KYUUBI chamber

what do i do

(i got the code for pal gecko and homebrew character hacks work fine)

So, umm, what tutorial should I look at to see how to change moves. For example, replace peach's turnips with poke balls or fox's lazer to a star from a star rod?

July 05, 2011, 01:10:20 PM #295 Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 01:12:58 PM by Brawler10
Everytime i go to stage builder to install hackmii, i just goes into the stage builder. it doesn't open the hackmii installer.

Did you put Stack Smash into your SD?
Asbel: "To protect those close to us!"
Malik: "To be a completely badass!"
Hubert: "To be a Tsundere nerd!"
Richard: "To be completely FABULOUS!"
All: "WE ARE THE TOGF MANLY MEN BRIGADE!"
-kazemaru95421



[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame, even when inside a spoiler.]

Oh. don't worry now, got homebrew now Lol.


ok, I need some help.
I'm so close I can feel it! lol
I have Homebrew, Riivolution, and I'm pretty sure my SD card is set up properly.
I downloaded law_law's Knuckles over Pikachu. I took every file from that folder and put it in my SDcard under private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/Fighter/pikachu/
You said something about having to change the file names but I don't know what to change them to. Some files include common5_en.pac, FitPikachu1.pac, InfFace074.brref ...

Also, I open the Riivolution channel and have no idea what to do.
What should I set "Ocarina Handler" to? (right now it's on "Disabled")
I assume you set "Codes" to "Enabled."

When I choose a stage, everything freezes before the brawl even starts.

Thanks in advance if you can help me.
and let me know if you need some more information!

July 09, 2011, 02:37:42 AM #299 Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 05:03:08 PM by sonic99
I hope nobody minds a friendly little bump...

In addition, I've noticed in some videos, people have an option in Riivolution called "basic file replacement."
Do I need that?