The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking

Started by tjmsrubegoldberg, July 30, 2010, 06:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

September 19, 2011, 05:01:49 AM #330 Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 05:03:07 AM by Emperor Reptile
Quote from: Iceman1488 on September 18, 2011, 09:57:48 PM
Hey im new to this but i cant seem too find or get this part (X):\private\wii\app\RSB(X)\pf\Fighter\(Character Name)\  in my SD card ? like it doesnt have the pf or fighter


You have to create those files yourself.

September 24, 2011, 12:38:19 PM #331 Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 12:41:11 PM by Innerscope
Are there any other vertex editors besides 3ds and blender?

I'm a noob and this didn't help...........................................................................JK

October 05, 2011, 03:58:57 AM #333 Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 04:03:23 AM by jimmy
2 quickies 1 are you limited on the number of skins per character 2 how do you use announcer voices for game overs and winner screens you didnt go into much detail on that part
thanks

Thamks man, this really helped out alot :D

Is it possible to export brawl animations to use in another program? It's been a while since I've been playing around with brawl hacks and I need to know? Thanks in advance.

Hey tjmsrubegoldberg I've down everything listed it works, but one problem all the characters voices are silenced. How would I fix this?
Currently hoping to make super characters. I also have a problem on my hacked brawl all the characters voices are silenced, my wii is PAL and I use riivolution if you can help just message me.

October 27, 2011, 03:40:53 AM #337 Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 03:50:13 AM by TheAwesomeGuy
I have a kind of noobish hacking question I used to use gecko OS and smash stack to load hacks for brawl only and now i use Riivilution and smash stack to load hacks for brawl and new supper Mario bros Wii i installed the Riivilution channel by mistake so i removed the channel immediately because i don't want to risk bricking my Wii and my Wii is still covered under warranty so if anything were to happen i would just send my Wii to Nintendo to fix so my question is if something were to happen to my Wii would Nintendo fix it if i sent it in and not find out that i used Riivilution and not fix it and also is it possible for my Wii to get bricked also i have a 4.3U Wii connected to the internet well was but not anymore but might get the internet back soon with nothing else done to the Wii other then what i stated i really would appreciate a response I'm just so concerned about my Wii. Thanks in advance. Sorry if this post is way to big.

i have a noobish question too, sorry.
could someone post an example of a file location address? because i have everything installed that i need to but i think either my file locations on my SD card are messed up or im missing something. here is the file location for the Zelda folder on my SD card. if needed/wanted i can post the addresses to the other ones [im only trying to do character mods right now]
here is what the root of my SD card looks like. i already have the homebrew channel, bootmii, and the program that lets you run back up disks from the disk channel [Dark something] installed.


Hi, I'm a complete NOOB at hacking and would very much like to download some characters I have found online(as well as a few I have found here), however I have a mac so would that still interfere with the SD card thing? and you said wii brew works with 4.3 but my wii updated so would I have to somehow downgrade it or something?...


the riivolution file isn't downloadable for me either, when i open the link, it doesn't have any download buttons, no options on right click for downloading or zipping, nothing... anyone who knows what's going on: HELP please :P
I'M JUST A DOOD

Quote from: justadood on November 06, 2011, 06:24:15 PM
the riivolution file isn't downloadable for me either, when i open the link, it doesn't have any download buttons, no options on right click for downloading or zipping, nothing... anyone who knows what's going on: HELP please :P
Worked for me! Type of internet maybe? IDK!

Hi everybody,
First of all compliments to the group ... nice program and nice works.

I am new here so sorry if I didn't see or you already answered this question somewhere.

I have 2 problems with Brawlbox:
-when I try to preview a 3D model, i get an error and can't not preview or expand the tree.

Complete text is:
************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MDL0Node.OnPopulate()
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.get_Children()
   at BrawlBox.BaseWrapper.OnExpand()
   at BrawlBox.ResourceTree.OnBeforeExpand(TreeViewCancelEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.TvnExpanding(NMTREEVIEW* nmtv)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WmNotify(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TreeView.WndProc(Message& m)
   at BrawlBox.ResourceTree.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)


************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlBox
    Assembly Version: 0.63.3691.33774
    Win32 Version: 0.63.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Auryn/Desktop/BB/BrawlBox.exe
----------------------------------------
BrawlLib
    Assembly Version: 0.10.3691.33773
    Win32 Version: 0.10.3.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Auryn/Desktop/BB/BrawlLib.DLL
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
----------------------------------------
System
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Drawing
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
----------------------------------------
System.Xml
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------
normally the "+" dissappear after the error and I can't expand the tree.
Sometimes if i close and reload the same file, it expande without problems but this is rare.
Anyway sometimes i get to see the "bones" (or incomplete bones) but not the textures but mostly see nothing (yes, i zoom out).


-after making a simple texture hack (see pic below where i just added the 2 black snakes) and trying to save the file as brres, brawlbox is giving me another error:


I am on Win XP SP3 x32, and before somebody asks, yes i have .net 3.5 SP1 and graphic card OpenGL 1.3.1
but ok, I admit I am not using it for SSBB but for brres of Final Fantasy Fables Chocobos Dungeon and tried the new Zelda SS demo too. brres viewer can show them both without problems.
Some idea where the problem is??


Then I have a question, are there some tools around to view/edit or at least some specs of the Wii 2D graphics (like your demo pics of the strap for wiimote on start up??

Thanks alot


Noob question I have riivolution installed for mkwii and if I want to do it also for ssbb do I just follow the staps from riivolution?





I do accept requests for recolours.