The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking

Started by tjmsrubegoldberg, July 30, 2010, 06:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ok, awesome, just one more thing: Do I have to arrange these file in any way, say like:
mario
red-00
blue-01
etc..

No, 00 is original, 01 is red, 02 is green, and 03 is blue. It's like that for most characters except some characters colors are already the original ie Mario doesn't have 01 because his original is the red team. But I see you get the idea so yes you do that.

Unless you're using cBliss....

Ok, so I just downloaded a texture. Do I just put that into the file?

Quote from: SuperMii3D on August 27, 2013, 12:40:23 AM
Ok, awesome, just one more thing: Do I have to arrange these file in any way, say like:
mario
red-00
blue-01
etc..
Do you mean the recolors? Using Mario as an example, his original color (red Mario) would be named FitMario00.pac. Same with FitMario02.pac, Fit Mario03.pac, etc. The full list of character colors and their order is located on the first page of this forum under "3. Downloading and Using Brawl Hacks" -> "Characters" -> "Character Colors by File Number"

August 27, 2013, 12:56:14 AM #559 Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:57:46 AM by SuperMii3D
Yeah, what do thecolors mean?
So wait, whats the difference between a texture and an import

Textures are often just recolors of a character

Model imports are an entire different character model over a character's bones.


It doesn't. Unless they come with a PSA or there are problems mentioned in the description

Quote from: SuperMii3D on August 27, 2013, 01:13:46 AM
So how does that affect the characters?
Textures just have to be mapped to the current model, while imports have to be rigged using the characters original bones.

Ok, so how do I rig the characters?
And do I just place the textures in the file/folder of the fighter?

You don't need to rig them, the hacks are already done for you. All you have to do is download the hack and place them in the folder.

For the textures, you have to open the files up with BrawlBox and replace textures with your own.

Quote from: SuperMii3D on August 27, 2013, 01:19:07 AM
Ok, so how do I rig the characters?
And do I just place the textures in the file/folder of the fighter?
Uhh... I, unfortunately have no experience in rigging. But texture hacks, yes, go in the fighter's folder.

August 27, 2013, 01:22:43 AM #567 Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:23:39 AM by SuperMii3D
Ok, cool. So Ill start off with some textures

Post Merge: August 27, 2013, 01:23:39 AM

Wait, replace textures with my own?

Well if you're planning to make re-textures or recolors then yeah.

But all the work is done for you if you mean just using the hacks, the only thing you need to do is copy and paste the .pcs and .pac files to the corresponding folder.

August 27, 2013, 01:38:30 AM #569 Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:42:18 AM by SuperMii3D
Oh, okey dokey. Ima try one right now

Post Merge: August 27, 2013, 01:42:18 AM

Uh, so the file be a .rar? I downloaded an ImportModelTexture