The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking

Started by tjmsrubegoldberg, July 30, 2010, 06:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

October 25, 2013, 04:19:58 PM #600 Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 04:51:40 PM by Camptain0
Quote from: Scout on October 25, 2013, 03:42:37 PM
If you are using gecko, the sd card limit is 2 gigs, more than that will not work.
As for the second question, the brawl mod data is simply all the files you need for your modded brawl to work. For example, in the root of your sd card you have 2-3 folders, two of them are labeled codes and private... the last one contains rsbe with all the music, stages, characters,etc
Quote from: Scout on October 25, 2013, 03:42:37 PM
If you are using gecko, the sd card limit is 2 gigs, more than that will not work.
As for the second question, the brawl mod data is simply all the files you need for your modded brawl to work. For example, in the root of your sd card you have 2-3 folders, two of them are labeled codes and private... the last one contains rsbe with all the music, stages, characters,etc
Quote from: Scout on October 25, 2013, 03:42:37 PM
If you are using gecko, the sd card limit is 2 gigs, more than that will not work.
As for the second question, the brawl mod data is simply all the files you need for your modded brawl to work. For example, in the root of your sd card you have 2-3 folders, two of them are labeled codes and private... the last one contains rsbe with all the music, stages, characters,etc

Alright, but my original problem was that I couldn't FIND the brawl mod data. There was no app folder. I have read from other sources to just take a screenshot with it and it should appear, but from what I saw I can't take snapshots with an SDHC card.

Quote from: Camptain0 on October 25, 2013, 04:19:58 PM
Alright, but my original problem was that I couldn't FIND the brawl mod data. There was no app folder. I have read from other sources to just take a screenshot with it and it should appear, but from what I saw I can't take snapshots with an SDHC card.

So you are saying that your brawl mod data that you moved to the sd before just... disappeared? I've never faced that before....

Also, If you are taking screen shots, brawl can't read any sd card higher than 2gigs (it doesn't have the capacity), so there's that.

Sorry if I wasn't much help :/

October 26, 2013, 12:36:19 AM #602 Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 05:01:03 AM by Camptain0
Quote from: Scout on October 25, 2013, 10:57:44 PM
So you are saying that your brawl mod data that you moved to the sd before just... disappeared? I've never faced that before....

Also, If you are taking screen shots, brawl can't read any sd card higher than 2gigs (it doesn't have the capacity), so there's that.

Sorry if I wasn't much help :/

You were a huge help! You may not have completely solved my problem, but I still learned a lot, and understand it a bit more. I could probably fix it on my own, or just find a 2gb non-SDHC SD card.

EDIT: I found a regular 1 GB SD card to use, so im going to try that. I'll let you know how that goes.

EDIT 2: Sooooo.... I set up the files for the Shadow, Wisp, and Silver PSA's using the Riivolution method. I was able to launch the game, but immediately the "make sure you have your wii strap on" appears very faded, and I assume the game crashed because I have to force shut off the wii by holding it for the 10 seconds. Here is what it looks like (approx. 5 secs after I click "launch" on riivolution): http://imgur.com/J8pIV3F,al6eSHW,ojFoTlK,wg7HO2p#2

Now, I think this is due to my utter stupidity in understanding tutorials (or something along those lines). Here are the files I put in their respective folders. Tell me if I'm missing something, need to add something, or if im completely missing the point.

Wisp (Jigglypuff): http://imgur.com/J8pIV3F,al6eSHW,ojFoTlK,wg7HO2p#1

Silver (Diddy Kong): http://imgur.com/J8pIV3F,al6eSHW,ojFoTlK,wg7HO2p#0

Shadow (Sonic): http://imgur.com/J8pIV3F,al6eSHW,ojFoTlK,wg7HO2p#3

Here is what was contained in the files I downloaded.

Wisp: Same as in the wisp image previous.

Silver: Same as in the silver image previous.

Shadow: (The lines show where that file leads)
               Root of downloaded file: http://imgur.com/W0jhiNN,c84YlrN#1
               Where "sonic" and "portrite" lead: http://imgur.com/W0jhiNN,c84YlrN#0

So, tell me what I'm doing wrong here, please and thank you :).

users with riivolution 1.05 cannot use it to launch brawl - the strap will freeze, please use 1.04

Quote from: Diddy Kong on October 26, 2013, 09:26:50 AM
users with riivolution 1.05 cannot use it to launch brawl - the strap will freeze, please use 1.04

Alright, switched to 1.04 and it booted fine, but none of my PSAs are showing up. There are no changes I can see, so it leads me to believe I'm doing something wrong with the file placements.

Quote from: Camptain0 on October 26, 2013, 06:41:58 PM
Alright, switched to 1.04 and it booted fine, but none of my PSAs are showing up. There are no changes I can see, so it leads me to believe I'm doing something wrong with the file placements.
now download and extract this to the root of your SD

Pretty N00b question here - I cannot, for the life of me, find a common5.pac file anywhere.

Halp meh ;-;

Quote from: icangetbackup on November 27, 2013, 06:49:17 PM
Pretty N00b question here - I cannot, for the life of me, find a common5.pac file anywhere.

Halp meh ;-;

In Gecko;
SD\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\system

hope this helped

Quote from: icangetbackup on November 27, 2013, 06:49:17 PM
Pretty N00b question here - I cannot, for the life of me, find a common5.pac file anywhere.

Halp meh ;-;
looking for the fresh file?
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p01chjw1j1k4zuz/RmG4RGibBg/system/common5_en.pac

its on the resource section under one link that has every fresh file needed for modding

I wanted to ask, I apologize if it's been covered in this topic already, but I have an unhacked Wii without Project M.  I was told on the Smashboards that I don't have to hack my Wii if I want to add in other hacked content.  But I was told on here (I made a topic about it), that the hacked in characters (such as Ridley and Shadow) may not work because the characters in Project M have already been so heavily edited.  I was able to get in different models (or costumes/colors) for a couple characters though.  Can it definitely not be done on an unhacked Wii with Project M?

December 12, 2013, 04:01:16 AM #610 Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 04:03:07 AM by Diddy Kong
Quote from: Ragiroth on December 11, 2013, 03:01:01 AM
I wanted to ask, I apologize if it's been covered in this topic already, but I have an unhacked Wii without Project M.  I was told on the Smashboards that I don't have to hack my Wii if I want to add in other hacked content.  But I was told on here (I made a topic about it), that the hacked in characters (such as Ridley and Shadow) may not work because the characters in Project M have already been so heavily edited.  I was able to get in different models (or costumes/colors) for a couple characters though.  Can it definitely not be done on an unhacked Wii with Project M?
hacking your wii doesnt add anything to using mods without homebrew
heres what hacking is needed for:
USB loader and pirating
system memory backup
using emulators on the wii


hacking is NOT needed for:
Project M
Custom Tracks World WIde/Custom Tracks GP
gecko cheating in games
Gecko-based brawl modding
Riivolution-based BRawl modding
Riivolution-based any game modding
Mii installer
Mii extractor

installing riivolution counts as hacking the wii but doesnt modify it

heres what your limitations are if you dont hack the wii:
for game mods, you will NOT be able to use a USB flash drive or an SD card bigger than 2GB to load mods or project M off of (installing riivolution)

So basically I am actually able to download hacked newly made characters into Project M on an unhacked Wii?  Just so I have it right. 

Quote from: Ragiroth on December 12, 2013, 04:41:20 AM
So basically I am actually able to download hacked newly made characters into Project M on an unhacked Wii?  Just so I have it right. 
yes, however, you DO know, project M is a PACK, NOT a loader to get you started with using all these random things on the vault... right? we mod the game the same way... but minus all these heavy codes to make brawl play like melee, you can modify project M to death if you want to, ONLY if you intend to play offline ONLY

Quote from: Diddy Kong on December 12, 2013, 10:21:02 PM
yes, however, you DO know, project M is a PACK, NOT a loader to get you started with using all these random things on the vault... right? we mod the game the same way... but minus all these heavy codes to make brawl play like melee, you can modify project M to death if you want to, ONLY if you intend to play offline ONLY

Oh yeah I know that.  It's more of I just don't know how.  I got a couple skins/textures for the characters in there fine.  But my thing is trying to get fully made characters by hackers (Shadow, Ridley, etc.), music, and possibly stages in Project M.  That's my concern.  And I just don't wanna mess anything up. 

Quote from: Ragiroth on December 15, 2013, 08:34:25 AM
Oh yeah I know that.  It's more of I just don't know how.  I got a couple skins/textures for the characters in there fine.  But my thing is trying to get fully made characters by hackers (Shadow, Ridley, etc.), music, and possibly stages in Project M.  That's my concern.  And I just don't wanna mess anything up. 
project M inclludes a code that already loads mods, and just replacing the files for say mario  (pf->fighter->mario->fitmario0.pcs) and it will load

when you make a gct with brawlbox's code manager just paste the code into the thing
(if you still are afraid, til i impliment noob mod einto brstm copier or ask someone in the kcmm chat to help you make that gct that will load mods)
because project M is NOT compatable with custom content only custom content you can use in project M without breaking the game is:
music
textures of characters already in project M (no vertex edits)
text hacks
voice hacks

you CANNOT use the following custom content in project M:
stage hacks (PAC AND REL)
movesets
models
animation
THP