The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking

Started by tjmsrubegoldberg, July 30, 2010, 06:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Does anybody have PAL game files? I need smashbros_sound.brsar and info.pac.

Hey guys is Hex Vertex Swapping still a viable method? I tried but it NEVER works for me, same error every time!

Quote from: Kafei on January 05, 2014, 04:58:42 PM
Hey guys is Hex Vertex Swapping still a viable method? I tried but it NEVER works for me, same error every time!
vertex editing is now done in brawlbox's model viewer
by click and drag

January 17, 2014, 08:12:12 PM #618 Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 08:13:20 PM by SoapMan
I was trying to use some of custom characters skins that I downloaded here on Project M 3.0 but when I tried to boot the game it said, "Error. Too Many Codes." I placed them in the projectm folder on my sd card which is probably what you're not supposed to do. Can I use custom skins on Project M and if so where should I put the files? Should a make a new pf folder?

Some of them you can not sure how to tell.

They go in projectm/pf/fighter/"charater folder name"/Fit"character"XX
So for Link:projectm/pf/fighter/link/fitlinkXX

XX means costume id. 00,01,02 etc some characters have more than others like how wario has 12 and other have 6.

Quote from: Diddy Kong on January 06, 2014, 05:16:35 AM
vertex editing is now done in brawlbox's model viewer
by click and drag
Yeah that didn't help at all

Hello everyone I actually had a bit of an issue with the BrawlEx CSS. I managed to get everything to load right and characters work however their slots on the character select screen show up as Mario rather their given cloned character. Other than that it has worked just fine. I am also playing on my Wii by the way. I can post a video/screen shot if needed, just wondering if anyone knows what might be causing this.

Change the hooktype in gecko config to axnextframe

where is the bone reference located in brawlbox. Can you show pics if possible?

Quote from: Jade_Rock on January 23, 2014, 08:41:07 PM
Change the hooktype in gecko config to axnextframe
Is it the same for Riivolution?


Quote from: Jade_Rock on March 29, 2014, 05:01:15 PM
BrawlEx doesn'twork on rivo.
Oh whoops. I missed that part. If I'm using normal Brawl, but I'm having the same problem with the CSPs, do I still change the hook type to axnextframe?

I think so,I haven't messed with csp's really though.

You should to the BrawlEx thread in programming.There's some videos for help in there.

Quote from: Jade_Rock on April 02, 2014, 10:06:12 PM
I think so,I haven't messed with csp's really though.

You should to the BrawlEx thread in programming.There's some videos for help in there.
Thanks. I'll check it out. And fyi, axnextframe didn't work.

The CSP's aren't the only things not working though. Most stages and a lot of the characters will make my Wii freeze (Strap Loaders and BRSTM's work just fine, though...). I only get characters that have little to no freeze reports so I don't know what it could be. I thought maybe it could be that I'm using v4.3, but this forum said that that would only effect other Homebrew Applications. ... Does that mean that it would effect Gecko OS and Riivolution? Should I downgrade?

Quote from: ShadowX on April 02, 2014, 10:16:33 PM
Thanks. I'll check it out. And fyi, axnextframe didn't work.

The CSP's aren't the only things not working though. Most stages and a lot of the characters will make my Wii freeze (Strap Loaders and BRSTM's work just fine, though...). I only get characters that have little to no freeze reports so I don't know what it could be. I thought maybe it could be that I'm using v4.3, but this forum said that that would only effect other Homebrew Applications. ... Does that mean that it would effect Gecko OS and Riivolution? Should I downgrade?
you are failing to compress your texture import at import and you flood the wii's RAM and thats when it freezes, with CSPs, you have like around just under 2MB to be safe withand by failing to index them first and lazily plop stuff in, your one import floods over 2MB and makes the game use more RAM than the wii has, this is when it freezes



Answer: please save your images as indexed color PNG or use CMPR format (this is that RGB dropdown in brawlbox when you click replace, then open a file)