The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking

Started by tjmsrubegoldberg, July 30, 2010, 06:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


The reason that music has static or a new song randomly plays is because you have overwrote on an old brstm and they have fused together. Best thing to do is to make sure the song you are putting in the folder is not already in the folder (eg: A01.BRSTM is already in the folder so you can't put another A01.BRSTM in that same folder.) Delete the old one and put your new song in the folder. Just do not overwrite the songs or you'll technically be fusing them together (in brawl hack retrospective)

Quote from: wcronusw on October 24, 2010, 07:42:11 PM
The reason that music has static or a new song randomly plays is because you have overwrote on an old brstm and they have fused together. Best thing to do is to make sure the song you are putting in the folder is not already in the folder (eg: A01.BRSTM is already in the folder so you can't put another A01.BRSTM in that same folder.) Delete the old one and put your new song in the folder. Just do not overwrite the songs or you'll technically be fusing them together (in brawl hack retrospective)

This is not true cause of a few things.
1. The files get overwritten not fused.
2. I overwrite every single song i have every time and i have yet had this nor have i ever met someone who had this.
3. Overwriting a file is just saying: i remove this bit and place this bit and that for every bit. So it's not fused in any way.

Quote from: Pride(ToBeMe) on October 24, 2010, 10:18:48 PM
Quote from: wcronusw on October 24, 2010, 07:42:11 PM
The reason that music has static or a new song randomly plays is because you have overwrote on an old brstm and they have fused together. Best thing to do is to make sure the song you are putting in the folder is not already in the folder (eg: A01.BRSTM is already in the folder so you can't put another A01.BRSTM in that same folder.) Delete the old one and put your new song in the folder. Just do not overwrite the songs or you'll technically be fusing them together (in brawl hack retrospective)

This is not true cause of a few things.
1. The files get overwritten not fused.
2. I overwrite every single song i have every time and i have yet had this nor have i ever met someone who had this.
3. Overwriting a file is just saying: i remove this bit and place this bit and that for every bit. So it's not fused in any way.
Its happen to me several times. I stopped overwritting the brstms and the random music stop playing. I assumed this over experience not knowledge.

for some reason it didnt load for me....HELP

October 30, 2010, 02:56:06 AM #80 Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 03:33:43 AM by ShadowMarth
Hey I have a psa guide on everything I know so if u want to add it to ur toturial
Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?a0s0c288cf97f09
Managing between Being in the US Army and other things. All is well so far.

FC:4256-5446-5169
PSA 2.35:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29684
Competitive play Official thread:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=54433.msg1069108#msg1069108

Hey can someone give me that download to the Tankitem.bress or .brees? The download in the oroginal files is boken.
Help contrubute to the Hacking Starter Guide here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=15199.0

Check out my topic: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=16844.msg292461#msg292461

WOOH! I GOTS A LAPTOP!!!

Added two new sections near the end detailing how to downgrade your Wii and what to do if a game or channel requires you to update your Wii. I also put some of the reference lists into spoilers to reduce the size of the post.

November 12, 2010, 05:21:34 AM #83 Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 05:39:05 AM by Anon23
ok I'm probably retarded, but I still can't figure out some things.
1. whats the difference between a texture and model?
2. whats the difference between a .pac and .pcs?
3.what is Fit(Character)MotionEtc.pac used for? and how is it different from Fit(Character).pac


4.

In general I'm confused about how many file you can put in the pf/character folder in your SD card.

for example in
Quanno's Ichigo V2
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php#ByUserID=3024&Moderated=All



what do these files do?

inside is

fitIke0#.pac
fitike0#.pcs
fitike.pac


If I understand correctly, the one without a number is supposed to be the moveset.
But which one is the thing that makes the sword trace red?

Quote from: Anon23 on November 12, 2010, 05:21:34 AM
ok I'm probably retarded, but I still can't figure out some things.
1. whats the difference between a texture and model?
2. whats the difference between a .pac and .pcs?

what do these files do?
fitIke0#.pac
fitike0#.pcs
fitike.pac

If I understand correctly, the one without a number is supposed to be the moveset.
But which one is the thing that makes the sword trace red?

1. A texture is the most basic editable part of Brawl. Textures are generally every visible design, color, or picture found on a character, stage, menu, etc. (For example, on characters, there are generally separate textures for clothes, skin, hair, armor/accessories, eyes, face, etc.) Models are the actual 3D figures that the textures are located on. A character model is usually edited through vertex hacking. (For example, Cloud over Ike has edited hair, an enlarged sword, etc.) Models and textures are both located in the FitCharacter##.pac/.pcs files.

2. A .pcs file is simply a compressed .pac file. The .pac file is used to load the transforming characters and in the single player modes. .pcs files are used in normal matches. For all characters, it's important to have the .pcs file. The .pac file is only needed for transforming characters (listed in the OP) or if you want to have the texture/model visible in other modes besides the normal one.

3. You are correct. The FitIke.pac is the moveset (PSA) file. It also makes the sword trace red, since that is part of the PSA.

November 16, 2010, 04:48:27 AM #85 Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 04:23:22 PM by (specter)
Is it possible to have PSAs of a character while not overwriting the original and still being able to choose their other textures? Because every PSA I tried it always comes with a FitCharacter.pac without any numbers so I have to replace the original one meaning I'll never be able to be the original character as long as the PSA is present.

Quote from: (specter) on November 16, 2010, 04:48:27 AM
Hey, I'm a bit new to Minus so I'll be asking a lot of stuff here. If anyone can answer as many as they can I'd appreciate it.

1. I downloaded two stages from here: "STGFINAL(HYRULEFIELD).pac" and "Castle Cave (Color).pac". Now I don't know what to do with them. I just want to know what I have to do or where I have to place these files so that I can play on these two stages in Brawl. Picture of files below. Also, the st_plankton.rel that came with Castle Cave is in /module.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


2. Is it possible to have PSAs of a character while not overwriting the original and still being able to choose their other textures? Because every PSA I tried it always comes with a FitCharacter.pac without any numbers so I have to replace the original one meaning I'll never be able to be the original character as long as the PSA is present.

2. Currently one charcter= one moveset. A couple of people are working on "Clone" engines, but untill they finish, which could be several months from now if ever, each character can only have one moveset. so Unfortunatly, it is impossible to have Naruto over Ike, with his moveset verse the original Ike.

Quote from: Anon23 on November 18, 2010, 09:44:42 AM
Currently one charcter= one moveset. A couple of people are working on "Clone" engines, but untill they finish, which could be several months from now if ever, each character can only have one moveset. so Unfortunatly, it is impossible to have Naruto over Ike, with his moveset verse the original Ike.

Oh ok I see.

Next question:

With stages, what are .rel files for? I know how to use them and where to put them, but what do they really do? Why do some stages from this site come with them and some don't (and usually don't require them if they don't come with it)?

.rel files are like extra files for a character/stage. If you were able to port a .rel to an alloy for example, in theory, they will be able to ledge grab, do specials guard, dodge, and etc.

Quote from: Date Masamune on November 18, 2010, 04:30:47 PM
.rel files are like extra files for a character/stage. If you were able to port a .rel to an alloy for example, in theory, they will be able to ledge grab, do specials guard, dodge, and etc.

I don't quite understand. I thought they were only used to allow you to replace a regular vBrawl stage with a hacked one?

Also, why can't alloys do any of those things? I don't even have the alloys yet.