The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking

Started by tjmsrubegoldberg, July 30, 2010, 06:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Diddy Kong on April 18, 2012, 07:46:49 AM
what's the exact name of the file? and was the issue caused by my universal file copy program?
Its this hack here
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here


In the riivolution menu(accessed via wii>homebrew) what is the "ocarina handler">VI Hook/KPadhook/joypadhook/gxdRawhook/gxFlushHook/OSSleephook/AxNextFrameHook?

Also, when I tried a patch for yoshi it had "FitYoshiMotionEtc.pac" and "FitYoshi-100HP.pac"
Where do I put these? I know I put the "FitYoshi00.pac" in pf>fighter>yoshi but where do the others go?

And why is there a lone dancing kirby?

:kdance:

motionetc goes in the same folder, ant the 100-hp I don't know what type of file that is.. based on the name

Remove the "-100HP" from the name and place it in pf/fighter/yoshi

Quote from: Diddy Kong on April 19, 2012, 03:17:53 AM
NTSC right?


As far as i know yeah.

Im NTSC, the hack im not sure about.
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

what about battle portraits names i still dont know how to do that and the result screen names?


May 05, 2012, 03:56:08 PM #398 Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 03:57:16 PM by Thundaga_T2
Someone asked this question on another forum:

QuoteI've been having a problem quite recently. My camera has been having spasms randomly during matches. One cause I've found is the Halberd stage's laser. I tried the battle with no items and no model imports (I even used original colors of Marth and Mario) and yet, the camera still had problems. My current codes (That would probably have any effect):

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


EDIT: My memory is getting better, and I thought I'd say that the camera bugs up on Norfair, Halberd, Zebes, and Spear Pillar.

Anyone have any ideas on how to help him?
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

This is a little bit of a sad thing because I just started homebrewing for the very first time.
What IS a .rel, and do you need to use them for custom characters/textures loaded to Brawlvault?
Because that's pretty much all I want to do so far.

Quote from: Todd_Ingram on May 06, 2012, 04:04:14 PM
This is a little bit of a sad thing because I just started homebrewing for the very first time.
What IS a .rel, and do you need to use them for custom characters/textures loaded to Brawlvault?
Because that's pretty much all I want to do so far.
Why is it sad, everybody starts where you are now at some point.

A .rel is a file used to port a character or stage over another. Such as the Scott Pilgrim psa (originally over Lucas) ported to both Jigglypuff, and Mr Game & Watch. You would need a ft_purin.rel for porting Scott to Jigglypuff, or a ft_gamewatch.rel for porting Scott to Game & Watch. In order to actually have Scott over either of these characters you need his psa .pac, and texture .pacs in the character you want him over folder (e.g. over Game & Watch, the pacs would go in the gamewatch folder.

Or as with stages, you'd use (for example) an st_final.rel for porting a stage over Final Destination.

The .rels go in the "private<Wii<App<RSBE(P)(J)<pf<Module" folder

RSBE - NSTC (US)
RSBP - PAL (Europe)
RSBJ - NTSC-J (Japan)
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

Alright, but, let's say I didn't like lucas.
I wouldn't need an rel file at all to port Scott over Lucas, or I'd need one for Lucas?

Quote from: Todd_Ingram on May 06, 2012, 04:36:28 PM
Alright, but, let's say I didn't like lucas.
I wouldn't need an rel file at all to port Scott over Lucas, or I'd need one for Lucas?
you might...

Quote from: Todd_Ingram on May 06, 2012, 04:36:28 PM
Alright, but, let's say I didn't like lucas.
I wouldn't need an rel file at all to port Scott over Lucas, or I'd need one for Lucas?
No you dont, if you download the Scott Pilgrim psa for Lucas, all you have to do is put the .pacs and such in his folder. Lucas is the character that Scott was made for, so there are no .rel files needed.
Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
Check out our music request thread here

i cant get the XML file i need help it just wont work i am only 13. can anyone help me with tht