Kit's Animation Station - Kit 0.58a released (Page 55)

Started by Ӄit ßallarɖ, August 08, 2010, 02:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Lady Ӄatherine ßallarɖ on April 08, 2012, 07:55:38 AM



Since I still can't edit my OP, here's Wait3 done.

edit:l oh even though I got an error it saved the edit. cool.
Looks good, indeed, Kit. You've gotten better at animating. =D

Quote from: Albafika on April 08, 2012, 02:42:54 PM
Looks good, indeed, Kit. You've gotten better at animating. =D
My thoughts exactly. :P
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Kit.
This Kit Ballard PSA will be awesome once it's done. Those animations... my god. So fluent.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


April 08, 2012, 05:46:03 PM #513 Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 05:46:58 PM by Velen
Girl...How do you do it? My animations are nowhere near this fluent.

Although, seeing this makes me wonder about the keyframe count...

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Dem animations. My god are they fluid. O_O

Quote from: Velen on April 08, 2012, 05:46:03 PM
Girl...How do you do it? My animations are nowhere near this fluent.

Although, seeing this makes me wonder about the keyframe count...
The tail (with 8 bones) has 1 key frame at frames 15 and 30, then it's every 20 frames, with a few spotted here and there for tail fixes. Kit herself had a few more but not much.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Do you operate on a base-ten system too? XD I tend to put a keyframe every ten or so frames as well, it's a habit.

How long is the entire animation? I can't imagine it being any less than 200 frames. Regardless, very smooth. Good job. :p

April 08, 2012, 11:22:10 PM #517 Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 11:23:15 PM by Lady Ӄatherine ßallarɖ
I usually go by 5's actually, unless I need to tweek an angle. This one here's 205 frames total. In order to make Blade follow Kit's hand the entire animation of the first 35 frame I had to Key frame each frame. forgot to mention that..
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



This. This is beautiful. Kit, I wanna be like you when I grow up.


I wanna animate a character with a tail...

Yours looked so fluid, I wanna give it a shot too...

Good thing MarioDK asked me to help him with Kid Goku... I just hope he's got tail bones. :/

None the less, very nice animations.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Kagemaru on April 09, 2012, 08:45:48 AM
I wanna animate a character with a tail...

Yours looked so fluid, I wanna give it a shot too...

Good thing MarioDK asked me to help him with Kid Goku... I just hope he's got tail bones. :/

None the less, very nice animations.
We had to manually add the 8 bones to Kit's tail then have her tail Rigged to them
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Lady Ӄatherine ßallarɖ on February 10, 2012, 08:45:10 PM
new news in the new Op that's new. If you don't remember what my Final Fantasy Brawl was, here's a preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1xSeqkp6Ms]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1xSeqkp6Ms[/url]

Just saw this. I can't put in words how much I love this and want to be a part of it.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

I should honestly finish getting the chars set up in the psa for that Final Fantasy Brawl...
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



April 10, 2012, 02:04:32 AM #523 Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 02:10:18 AM by Albafika
Now, onto your promised Tifa feedback...

I believe Tifa to be more physical oriented, as she was on Dissidia, where she only had 3 magic attacks, which were weak as heck, too. I don't think her moveset should be magic oriented, rather, physical oriented, as she was a "master" on martial arts, so Zangan said (And is proven on all her canon appearances).

Also, most of her animations are... Lacking. You're doing better animations nowadays, so you could upgrade Tifa's to a higher level, now, if you feel like doing so.

Jab: There's something odd on the animations, specially on the third jab, I just don't like how it looks, and I don't feel the punching matches with how she's walking/moving forward, something looks odd... And I don't like how it can be spammed.
Forward Tilt: I like how you went for a kick now, but why can't it be angled? Zero Suit Samus has a similar kick which she can angle, Tifa should be able to, too.
Up Tilt: Fine with me, kicks are what Tifa does most.
Down Tilt: Love it.

Forward Smash: That attack must leave. Magic attacks aren't something Tifa's good at, as evidenced on Dissidia. The only place where she'd spam magic is on the non-canon Dead Fantasy series, and even there, she's way more oriented to physical hits, as she only spammed magics for a while.
Up Smash: Animation needs some polishing. The charging looks... Odd. <<; And the actual attack animation needs some refinement... I think the idea behind the attack is good enough, though.
Down Smash: That attack must leave.
Aerial Neutral Air: That attack must leave.
Aerial Up Air: She looks like she's spinning with her fits? She looks... Odd, too odd.

Side B: Animation is odd, Tifa looks like she flew up there to fall with that fire kick. And, one can't really pick the direction of the kick, sometimes it goes forward, and sometimes it stays on position.
Down B: That special must leave.
Neutral B: I think it'd be more fitting if Tifa used an ice spell here like she does in Dissidia. It could even work the same as Cloud's Neutral B from SDo0m's PSA.
Up B: On air, I don't like how it goes from punching above to special fall, the transiction looks odd, and on floor, the animation... It looks like Tifa's flying again, instead of jumping, but the move should stay, it just need refinements.
Aerial Side B: This one must leave..
Aerial Neutral B: Could be the same as I suggested above for Grounded Neutral B.

In the end, move needs to be updated... And I don't think I'm the only one that believes so.

I like Wolfy's, but there were no reason why. I know she's physical based, but the animations are lacking, they can be easily misinterpreted.

Jab: Saw this a year ago, I like it
Forward Tilt: Like ZSS, but no tilts?
Up Tilt: Fine
Down Tilt: I heard bubbles were Canon, so I won't say anything

Forward Smash: What is it? It doesn't look right. A shot? A fire?
Up Smash: The transition between the two attacks she is supposed to be doing are weird. It looks like she punches up, and then she suddenly is in a posistion to kick like that. Either reanimate the kick (because seriously, the way she kicked like that was really not needed), or make another one.
Down Smash: Attack is too original. This crouch-down-and-then-attack-with-arms-outstreched stuff is very boring. We need something unique.
Aerial Neutral Air: Don't understand. Everything is kicks (which is just unchanged ZSS kicks), and then this electricity stuff comes out of no where. It sticks out in a bad way.
Aerial Up Air: She spins in odd directions with her fist, like a pixie. Weird.

Side B: I like it, animation is weird, special is buggy. Fixed Special + Fixed Animation = Good Special
Down B: The Metronome from Pokemon is here, with the same characteristics. Random, cool, but useless. Must remove
Neutral B: I like the idea of a Ice Version of Cloud's special. But the animation just looks like Tifa is just using her arm to smash the ground. Believe me, If I was going to punch the ground in order to hurt others, I would do a lot more than pull my arm back.
Up B: Animation and GFX placements need some work. It's like those activities in video games where you go through the rings in order to speed up, and I don't think you like that I'm calling it like that, so you should do something about the CFX placement.
Aerial Side B: This projectile is easily the move beautiful thing in this moveset. It's use, however, is unnecessary. Get rid of
Aerial Neutral B: This move needs to go somewhere else, it's not a special move.

Final Smash: I got to say something. The first part of it. Her. Legs. Are. Everywhere. It's like the leg is doing all the work and Tifa is just standing motionless. It needs some animation work.

So, make her physical, like Wolfy said. I like the idea of someone who's all, physical. Could have specials that can link to combos, or make her physical moves more useful, I don't know. I just don't like that fact that half her entire moveset is magic when Tifa as a character isn't a good magic user. I would like to see all the punches and the kicks and stuff.