Question: New....
Day
Dawn
Swag
Forum
Boobies
New

Pages:  1 ... 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 ... 540
Author Topic: Beyond? Oh, he moved out.  (Read 1985290 times)
Velen
Resident Lucario
Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7935 on: October 10, 2011, 10:21:29 PM »

Well if they require "psa magic" then importing cant take over  vertexing because each char folder can only hold one fitmotion.etc or fit"char name".pac.. right??

You're getting it wrong. Oh so wrong.

They require "PSA Magic" because you have to use PSA to specify when to make certain polygons visible (Like Ness' Bat, and and Peach's three weapons). The same goes for imported characters. For example. Zero could have his Z-Saber from TvC imported over to Link to replace the one he has naturally thanks to BY, but you would have to choose when it appears in his hand via PSA. It would be more authentic that way (I mean 0% offense to you BY) and it would make for dynamic Z-Saber Animations where the blade itself is animated, but because of bugs and glitches, this is not yet a very viable option. Klonoa is one of the notable exceptions who had some of his glitches fixed.

The problem right now that most imported characters have fatal (or non-fatal, but very noticeable) glitches that keep them from being a better option. At least until the importer works. Expect to see BY's Zero replaced with his actual model from TvC or maybe even a fan-made one to appear once importing becomes more viable thanks to BlackJax's efforts.
    « Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:23:00 PM by Velen » Logged

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7936 on: October 11, 2011, 04:51:32 AM »

Main reason why I haven't released it yet is because I don't know how to get the lighting the way I want it (spotlights, and dark everywhere else), I still need to add shadows (I'd like to use the original shadow models if possible), and I need to fix the SRT0 animation looping on the clouds in the background. Im srs here

Use a fog, and make spotlights not to be affected by that fog.

For shadows you can use my MShadow Tool, or forohfor's, enabling the shadows in the original stage would take longer for sure O.o

And for the srt0 animation, I could try to fix it (or finding a similar one) for you.

About the poll... You're making the same kind of question I made a few days ago...

I would say something like 'keep doing vertex hacks while they deserve your time'. You're very good at this, you have your method and your results, and I suppose you enjoy it. The importer may come, and not affect you in a bad way (for example, it could be of use to you to enable normals in vertexed characters with no lighting issues). But it could be bad too, if people start coming with hacks that look better than your vertex hacks with less effort. If that happens and you stop enjoying, I would get to the imports thingy, by working on models from scratch, customizing already existing models or building them from nothingness. Definitely no CSPs, no stages. And you may start doing your own PSAs for your own characters, that would be cool too.
    « Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 05:02:26 AM by Mewtwo2000 » Logged

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7937 on: October 11, 2011, 06:33:08 AM »

u could make models from scratch for the sprite based or model-ripless characters...

also, i sent u that PM about ammy, if u decide on doing it, could i make a mini request (it has to do with ammy's build)?

wolf link ^^

^^

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

« Reply #7938 on: October 11, 2011, 09:53:27 AM »

<_<

released...

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #7939 on: October 11, 2011, 09:59:25 AM »

Holy crap.
    That was fast.

Totally grabbing this bad-boy later. Looks swaaag.
    « Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 10:00:59 AM by Segtendo » Logged

: SW-2632-7270-6724

milliondollar mistake
    Extreme Kitten

Boom.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7940 on: October 11, 2011, 10:21:08 AM »

He only has one sword  Im srs here

He looks good! I'm not that big of a ninja turtles fan, but my friend is and I'm sure he'll love it.

My 3DS friend info, just PM me and I'll add you.
    Name:James
    FC:0216-0855-5243

Zikkh
    Lol Kitten

ok ok

• Awards Heart Container Concerned Elector Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7941 on: October 11, 2011, 10:32:11 AM »

Leonardo looks fantastic Smiley

NNID: ShadyLion
    Add me for some Sm4sh matches. ROB/Mario main

Flinter
    Advanced Kitten

Independent contributor to the evolution of PAL

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7942 on: October 11, 2011, 11:29:20 AM »

Very fast,very good vertexture

always looks the same song... Happy Face

Now...what's next you gonna do?

Si hay aquí alguien de parla hispana(da igual si Español o Latino),por favor ¡MANIFIESTATE!

Puccio
    Extreme Kitten

Awesome battle. :DD

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7943 on: October 11, 2011, 11:37:31 AM »

Woah, fast and very good job. Next is Crono? :*

Enzo scrive (14.48):
    *YOU DECIDE
    *KTH
    *I love you
    *but I love Jurio more
    KTH scrive (14.48):
    *i love you too
          VEGETAAAAA       scrive (14.48):
    *Phoenix.
    Enzo scrive (14.48):
    *oh and KTH don't forget Knucklini's shoes
    *LOL
    KTH scrive (14.48):
    *love/
    Enzo scrive (14.48):
    *lol
    KTH scrive (14.48):
    Enzo scrive (14.48):
    *i'm going to sleep now
    KTH scrive (14.48):
    *i hate you now srs
    Enzo scrive (14.48):
    *good night both of
    *what
    *!
    *:emo:
    *night man rotfl
    KTH scrive (14.48):
    *lol
    Best quote ever!

Christian_CAO
    Extreme Kitten

... halp

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7944 on: October 11, 2011, 12:30:29 PM »

Shocked Leonardo... Y'know the deal. I bow and praise. You ignore me and continue being godly  AWESOME 2.0!

^3^

GBC
    Holy Kitten

animations and stuffffff

• Awards Star Hacker King for a Day Smash 3 Team >9000

« Reply #7945 on: October 11, 2011, 12:35:56 PM »

You're getting it wrong. Oh so wrong. They require "PSA Magic" because you have to use PSA to specify when to make certain polygons visible (Like Ness' Bat, and and Peach's three weapons). The same goes for imported characters. For example. Zero could have his Z-Saber from TvC imported over to Link to replace the one he has naturally thanks to BY, but you would have to choose when it appears in his hand via PSA. It would be more authentic that way (I mean 0% offense to you BY) and it would make for dynamic Z-Saber Animations where the blade itself is animated, but because of bugs and glitches, this is not yet a very viable option. Klonoa is one of the notable exceptions who had some of his glitches fixed. The problem right now that most imported characters have fatal (or non-fatal, but very noticeable) glitches that keep them from being a better option. At least until the importer works. Expect to see BY's Zero replaced with his actual model from TvC or maybe even a fan-made one to appear once importing becomes more viable thanks to BlackJax's efforts.

well i still think this model importer stuff is a dumb idea because then all the chars would be same, and when i say that i mean no ones chars will be unique anymore theyll all be the same import and there would be no more skill to it at all

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

Christian_CAO
    Extreme Kitten

... halp

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #7946 on: October 11, 2011, 12:49:26 PM »

well i still think this model importer stuff is a dumb idea because then all the chars would be same, and when i say that i mean no ones chars will be unique anymore theyll all be the same import and there would be no more skill to it at all

... Not my conversation, but... People could make their own custom models and put them over the brawl cast. Seeing as you could make a model of anything, I am pretty sure that characters will still be unique.

Animation editing and PSA work are the true meat behind creating "new characters". Vertex editing only alters a models appearance, so making a model is the exact same thing only probably with less speed bumps along the way and no endless hours of exporting. I agree that it may seem less skillful because it looks easier, but that is usually how progress works.

It is just a bit more convenient. There is still plenty of work when it comes to creating models, so lets just wait and see what happens before judging how the model importer will effect future brawl hacking.  
    « Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 12:53:26 PM by Christian_CAO » Logged

^3^

GBC
    Holy Kitten

animations and stuffffff

• Awards Star Hacker King for a Day Smash 3 Team >9000

« Reply #7947 on: October 11, 2011, 12:55:14 PM »

... Not my conversation, but... People could make their own custom models and put them over the brawl cast. Seeing as you could make a model of anything, I am pretty sure that characters will still be unique. Animation editing and PSA work are the true meat behind creating "new characters". Vertex editing only alters a models appearance, so making a model is the exact same thing only probably with less speed bumps along the way and no endless of hours of exporting. I agree that it may seem less skillful because it looks easier, but that is usually how progress works. It is just a bit more convenient. There is still plenty of work when it comes to creating models, so lets just wait and see what happens before judging how the model importer will effect future brawl hacking.  

i havent had to deal with exporting because i use the kc-mm 3dsmax2010 method >.> which idk if its the oldest method but its the quickest and has less problems imo(also the ais thing dosent work on my computer for some reason)
    « Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 01:11:43 PM by xxgbcxx » Logged

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=14544
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

the idealist- a visionary or impractical person.

ItalianStallion
    Weapon X
    Overlord Kitten

Might controls everything

• Awards Good Citizen Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Star Hacker

« Reply #7948 on: October 11, 2011, 12:58:39 PM »

Man, Leonardo is [censored]ing epic. I'm not even a huge fan of the Ninja Turtles, but him being on Link is just [censored]ing epic.

I absolutely love him man, and I got a good reason to use Link with his original PSA now.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7949 on: October 11, 2011, 01:23:22 PM »

o well
    i havent had to deal with exporting because i use the kc-mm 3dsmax2010 method >.> which idk if its the oldest method but its the quickest and has less problems imo(also the ais thing dosent work on my computer for some reason)

are u telling me that u vertex blindly?? moving loose vertices?????

on another note, beyond, what ya think about my ammy method?

Pages:  1 ... 527 528 529 [530] 531 532 533 ... 540
    Print
    Jump to: