Beyond? Oh, he moved out.

Started by Beyond, August 12, 2010, 03:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

New....

Day
Dawn
Swag
Forum
Boobies
New
Quote from: Segtendo on October 10, 2011, 08:52:22 PM
Italian, he made a nulling normals tutorial on LST forums.
It's really easy :P

Yeah man, I already seen it and know how to null normals myself. ;o

It's easy as hell, really.

I was just asking if he did it for Link, since some other characters take longer and more work like Wolf and Ganondorf apparently.

Although, I just thought of it, and he nullled the normals for Zero which is over Link. I just answered my own question! =D

B'yond, you forgot the "Yes, because vertex hacking will remain valuable even after the model importer is complete because vertexing is a much simpler solution and allows one to make characters that don't have a model or are not able to be imported, such as sprite-based characters" option.

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on October 10, 2011, 09:08:59 PM
B'yond, you forgot the "Yes, because vertex hacking will remain valuable even after the model importer is complete because vertexing is a much simpler solution and allows one to make characters that don't have a model or are not able to be imported, such as sprite-based characters" option.


I didn't put that because well, imo, model importing is the simpler solution. No normals issues, wifi safe, and other limitations will be removed.

And with characters that don't have models, you can just make a custom model rather than vertexing.

Like vertexing, it'll be some time before it becomes commonplace in brawl moddding. This time next year, just like it's rare to see a pure texture alone be made today, vertexing will be a thing of the past. I only see it being used for quick edits or other minor things.


Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 10, 2011, 08:53:54 PM
PSA Tiem

DOOO EEEEEEEET!!!!

*Puts on wizard hat*

You shall now call me, Sir Dr Professor Do0m ^-^


lol, I'm actually surprised at the PSA tiem votes. Last time I made a poll like this, I think it got like nothing. But from the looks of it, people still want me to vertex.

I do want to make a PSA one day though.

Quote from: Velen on October 10, 2011, 08:54:12 PM
Beyond. I know you don't want any suggestions of anime girls, but...

I really want to see you do a Reiuji Utsuho or maybe Robo from Chrono Trigger.


Robo from Chrono Trigger is a great idea. I plan to make him one day, I dunno when.

Reason I posted Reiuji Utsuho is because I want to see how you would fare with making her.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Beyond on October 10, 2011, 09:25:30 PM
I didn't put that because well, imo, model importing is the simpler solution. No normals issues, wifi safe, and other limitations will be removed.

And with characters that don't have models, you can just make a custom model rather than vertexing.

Like vertexing, it'll be some time before it becomes commonplace in brawl moddding. This time next year, just like it's rare to see a pure texture alone be made today, vertexing will be a thing of the past. I only see it being used for quick edits or other minor things.

True. Though I still think that the skills you've picked up while vertexing would be invaluable in modeling. I think you'd make a great modeler, if you ever took the time to give it a shot.

But I still think vertexing will remain useful to some extent... :[

Quote from: Velen on October 10, 2011, 09:27:50 PM
Reason I posted Reiuji Utsuho is because I want to see how you would fare with making her.

For those who don't know who she is....

[spoiler]

Girl with a Giant Arm Cannon, and Wings.

What's not to love?

Let it go with the fruity anime [censored]. It's not gonna happen.

Robo on the other hand.. would be epic.

Over Samus or DK?

I say Samus since well.. it's a robot.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on October 10, 2011, 09:32:08 PM
Let it go with the fruity anime [censored]. It's not gonna happen.

Robo on the other hand.. would be epic.

Over Samus or DK?

I say Samus since well.. it's a robot.

Well it's Touhou, and technically it's a video game series, and not an anime series.

But still.

Quote from: Cascade Hellsing on October 10, 2011, 09:33:58 PMWell it's Touhou, and technically it's a video game series, and not an anime series. But still.

Smart girl.

She speaketh the truth.

-and it's not fruity, Mr.Weedgie. It's epicsauce originality.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Cascade Hellsing on October 10, 2011, 09:33:58 PM
Well it's Touhou, and technically it's a video game series, and not an anime series.

But still.

Still, I doubt he's gonna do it, lol.

Quote from: Velen on October 10, 2011, 09:35:15 PM
Smart girl.

She speaketh the truth.

You just called him a girl? I'm not even gonna get into all that, honestly. Just wish the family's role playing wouldn't affect the whole forum.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on October 10, 2011, 09:36:49 PMStill, I doubt he's gonna do it, lol. You just called him a girl? I'm not even gonna get into all that, honestly. Just wish the family's role playing wouldn't affect the whole forum.

Excuse me? Ever heard of LYING ABOUT YOUR GENDER ON THE INTERNET?

If I hadn't revealed myself to be a guy in every possible way, I could've revealed I am actually a girl.

See my point?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on October 10, 2011, 09:38:41 PM
Excuse me? Ever heard of LYING ABOUT YOUR GENDER ON THE INTERNET?

If I hadn't revealed myself to be a guy in every possible way, I could've revealed I am actually a girl.

See my point?

Yeah sadly I have heard it, and I honestly find it very creepy. And I have seen your picture by the way.

Can we get back on topic now?

*Stares at Ninja Turtle*

Quote from: ItalianStallion on October 10, 2011, 09:32:08 PM
Let it go with the fruity anime [censored]. It's not gonna happen.

I like fruity anime [censored]. (._.)

Also I'm a dude. Just felt like I should throw that out there.

Ninja Turtle huh? ...didn't see that coming.


Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

Wait, model importing will be able to make WiFi-safe hacks? I find that very, very difficult to believe, honestly. As such, I'm in the "stick with the vertexing" crowd - the final results probably give more job satisfaction than a simple model import would.

Was going to say something here, then I got ninja'd by several people above me. So instead, I'll say that Leonardo is coming out rather epic.

Quote from: ItalianStallion on October 10, 2011, 09:42:47 PMYeah sadly I have heard it, and I honestly find it very creepy. And I have seen your picture by the way. Can we get back on topic now? *Stares at Ninja Turtle*

I do too, but I try to not think about the possibility of the undesirable option unless it is concrete.

-and yes.

*Stares too.*

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302